• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mog for Brawl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you are wondering who Mog is read on.

Mog is short for moogle,a creature from the game franchise Final Fantasy and is basically the mascot

Mog is also the name of a moogle from Final Fantasy VI and is one of the only moogles to ever join the party in any FF game.in FFVI he uses his dances to call upon the power of whatever environment he is in. He also wields a spear. His dances and spear are what we base our moveset on.

From wikipedia-
"Moogles first appear in the Final Fantasy series in Final Fantasy III and are present in all subsequent numbered installments except Final Fantasy IV, in addition to Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Final Fantasy: Unlimited. They were used as Save Points in Final Fantasy IX. Moogles appear only as stuffed dolls in Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Moogles make an appearance in the Seiken Densetsu series as a race and/or as a status condition in Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3, and are mentioned in Sword of Mana. They make an appearance in the Chocobo series in Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chocobo Racing, and Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice. They also appear in all three games of the Kingdom Hearts series, which includes Moogles named after many famous characters from the series. Finally, a Moogle appears in Egg Monster Heroes, while one is an unlockable character in Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Moogles have appeared as characters in numerous webcomics, such as Ren from Mac Hall. In Exploitation Now there is a character named Ralph who is known as "a walking copyright infringement waiting to happen" and appears very similar to a moogle."

More info here, here and here

Now to explain how Mog could get in. Here goes.

Sakurai would definetley want an FF character in Brawl(why not?). FF is a very popular franchise around the world and it would be a travisty to not include an FF character in Brawl.
Most likely sakurai would focus on the first six FF's and would probably eleminate every character in the first three execpt black mage for obvious reasons.and probably elimenate everyone from IV and V(again,obvious reasons). That leaves VI. Most likely most of the VI characters would be droped leaving Gau, Terra, Sabin and Mog. Any one of them would be good but Mog would probably be chosen over any of them he is popular and is more versatile moveset wise. So there you go.

The Mog Squad

The Mog Squad Member List

1. platnum (Mogerator and Founder of the Mog Squad)
2. ~Krystal~ (Mogerator and 1st Member)
3. Tennisthelif (2nd Member)
4. Mirron (3rd Member)
5. IsmaR (Mogerator, 4th Member & Creator of the New Mog Thread)
6. Zero Suit Falcon (5th Member)
7. Coolfufuman (6th Member)
8. Mikel 2 the (7th Member)
9. Dr.Saturn (8th Member)

Stats
Strength****:Mog is actualy quite strong.
Speed*****:Mog is realy realy fast.
Weight**:As you would expect mog is very light.
Traction*:Barley any traction at all.

MOVESET

Basic

A.
Punch.
A basic punch.
2%

AA
Double punch.
Two basic punches
5%

AAA
Punch, punch, kick.
Two punches and a kick.
10%

Tilts

Ftilt
Spear jab
A quick spear jab
9%

Utilt
Spear slash
Same as roy and marth's Utilt
6%

Dtilt
Spear poke
Same as marth and roy's Dtilt.
5%

Dash

Dash A
Roll
Mog rolls forward doing damage to those who get in the way.
12%

Smashes

FSmash
Hard spear jab
A stronger version of his spear jab.
9-26%

USmash
Upward spear smash
Same as marth USmash but with eletric damage.
12-24%

DSmash
Spin dance
Mog spins rapidly
3-40%

Air

Nair
Air spin
Mog spins around while holding out his spear
8-19%

Fair
Double kick
Mog kicks forward with both feet
16%

Dair
Drill kick
Same as kirby's Dair
12-21%

Uair
Flip kick
Same as C.F.'s Uair
12%

Bair
Back spear
Mog swings his spear behind him.
26%

Grabs

Grab A
Grab punch
Obvious>_>
2%

Utoss
Spear toss
Mog throws his victim up then stabs them with his spear
17%

Dtoss
Trample
Same as kirby's Dtoss
13%

Ftoss
Kick throw
Mog throws his victem foward than jumps and kicks them
14%

Btoss
Roll toss
Same as pikachus but with no electricity
9%

Specials

B
Random spell
Mog casts a random spell(shown bellow)
???%

>B
Spear drill
Mog will thrust forward, if he connects, he will then zap the enemy with electricity.
18%

^B
Spear jump
Mog jumps up high and slams down spear first.
15%

vB
Dance
Random dance(shown bellow)
???%

Final Smash
Summon
Mog summons a random Esper(shown below)

Spells:

Thundaga
Mog points at the ground and lightning strikes infront of him

Firaga
A pillar of flames erupts in front of mog

Blizaga
Mog freezes the ground in front of him making it slipery

Curaga
Mog heals some %

Ultima(rare)
Masive blue explosion

Dances:

Water Harmony: Heals Mog for 10%, Mog then spreads water around him (Uber-Broken)
Wind Rhapsody: Creates tornadoes around Mog.
Forest Nocturne: Sets up grass, for a move restricing trap. (Does not affect Mog)
Desert Lullaby: The first person who touches Mog will be hurt for 20%
Love Serenade: Creates a small explosion, whoever it hits, their controls will be warped.
Earth Blues: Rocks erupt around Mog.
Snowman Rondo: Turns the floor around Mog to ice.
Twilight Requiem: Small black explosion, instant KO.

Espers:
Chocobo
After being summoned it runs around the stage wildly for 10secs than disapears

Ifrit
After it's summoned it wraps itself in flames than charges across the stage at high speed.

Shiva
After it's summoned an blizard blowes across the stage freezing every one...except Mog:p

Bahamut
After it's summoned it uses megaflare to incinerate the stage.

10 Moogles(RARE)
The ten Moogles appear and start flying across the stage causing huge damage to whoever they hit.

Mog for brawl

vesperview

Smash Hero
If you were going to do a new Mog thread you should've at least bothered to not plagiarize everything, specially since that first post has always been terrible, plus the old Mog thread has so many posts only because Platnum spammed it like crazy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you were going to do a new Mog thread you should've at least bothered to not plagiarize everything, specially since that first post has always been terrible, plus the old Mog thread has so many posts only because Platnum spammed it like crazy.
I know, I just need something as a placeholder while I work on a new 1st post :p

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Were just using the original post as a template. :)

We will change things up as we go along. Bear with us, but feel free to tell us how much you think Mog sucks. The thread could use the activity.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
well. thats keep this thread spam free gov

EDIT - i think is time for a proper choco thread. i will make a proper one. instead of the spam going in here

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Do not be mad Ismar but I think Mog will not make it. Most probably it will be a trophy. Not even AT. Even famous chars like Starfy & Waluigi didn't make it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Do not be mad Ismar but I think Mog will not make it. Most probably it will be a trophy. Not even AT. Even famous chars like Starfy & Waluigi didn't make it.
Starfy barely had anything that could qualify as limbs and Waluigi was too involved in sports-spin offs to actually be in a serious Mario game, which killed his moveset possibilities and stuck a racket in his hand enroute to becoming an AT. That tennis racket represents what Waluigi's role has been up until now. Sports spin-off filler.

Mog had involvement in a serious Final Fantasy game and was not a spin-offs only character like Waluigi.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well a tiny starfish and a Luigi rip-off only appearimg on spin-offs never had that good chances anyway :p

platnum

Smash Lord
Well lets attempt some intelligent discussion and try to stay on topic. Glad to hear your spamfree platnum.
spamfree feels good!

but actual cant start until the up is fineshed!

lets help isamr do so by subimiting something that would help the OP!(send all submissions to a mogerater)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
spamfree feels good!

but actual cant start until the up is fineshed!

lets help isamr do so by subimiting something that would help the OP!(send all submissions to a mogerater)
This is slightly off-topic, but Platnum, do you know if you can get anything great from Mognet on FFIX? I keep messing it up.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Starfy barely had anything that could qualify as limbs and Waluigi was too involved in sports-spin offs to actually be in a serious Mario game, which killed his moveset possibilities and stuck a racket in his hand enroute to becoming an AT. That tennis racket represents what Waluigi's role has been up until now. Sports spin-off filler.

Mog had involvement in a serious Final Fantasy game and was not a spin-offs only character like Waluigi.
Mog is like Toad. A filler, no good of a fanbase, and is out prioritized by Chocobo/Yoshi. It's been established many times, but you all chose to ignore it.

platnum

Smash Lord
This is slightly off-topic, but Platnum, do you know if you can get anything great from Mognet on FFIX? I keep messing it up.
I havent played FFIX so, I dont know:p

now,lets all satay on topic so this thread doesent get as mesey as the old one)
also,chocobo is equal to mog as far as chances go.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I havent played FFIX so, I dont know:p

now,lets all satay on topic so this thread doesent get as mesey as the old one)
also,chocobo is equal to mog as far as chances go.
That's why Chocobo is the icon of Final Fantasy, has appeared in all games except the first, actually had importance in the games he was in, and had his own spin off series.

platnum

Smash Lord
if you are submiting improvements:
1.send the PM containing the suggestion to me,ismar,or ~krystal~
2.put "mog thread improvement" subject line.

that is all.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think mog will get in, but I like debating! ^^

Anyways I found this little article of moogle on wikipedia:

"Moogles first appear in the Final Fantasy series in Final Fantasy III and are present in all subsequent numbered installments except Final Fantasy IV, in addition to Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Final Fantasy: Unlimited. They were used as Save Points in Final Fantasy IX. Moogles appear only as stuffed dolls in Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Moogles make an appearance in the Seiken Densetsu series as a race and/or as a status condition in Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3, and are mentioned in Sword of Mana. They make an appearance in the Chocobo series in Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chocobo Racing, and Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice. They also appear in all three games of the Kingdom Hearts series, which includes Moogles named after many famous characters from the series. Finally, a Moogle appears in Egg Monster Heroes, while one is an unlockable character in Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Moogles have appeared as characters in numerous webcomics, such as Ren from Mac Hall. In Exploitation Now there is a character named Ralph who is known as "a walking copyright infringement waiting to happen" and appears very similar to a moogle."

It appears that Moogle appeared in many games, but as cameos. He was only playable in Final Fantasy 6 and 4. I have FFIV and Mogs is in it. Remeber, this is wikipedia and can be edited by anyone.

platnum

Smash Lord
I still don't think mog will get in, but I like debating! ^^

Anyways I found this little article of moogle on wikipedia:

It appears that Moogle appeared in many games, but as cameos. He was only playable in Final Fantasy 6 and 4. I have FFIV and Mogs is in it. Remeber, this is wikipedia and can be edited by anyone.
i asked ismar to add it to the OP.

platnum

Smash Lord
here is what think about chocobo VS. mog

mog:
pros:
easy to make a moveset for.
could rep the entire franchise
has a large fanbase among FF players.
moogles are a huge icon for the series.

cons:
wouldnt sell the game.

chocobo:
pros
HUGE fanbase.
is FF mascot.

cons:
HARD to make a moveset for.
seems AT-ish.
awkward!
(garbage tier)

after weighing the pros and cons of both i can say with no doubt...chocobo=mog!

vesperview

Smash Hero
here is what think about chocobo VS. mog

mog:
pros:
easy to make a moveset for.
could rep the entire franchise
has a large fanbase among FF players.
moogles are a huge icon for the series.

cons:
wouldnt sell the game.

chocobo:
pros
HUGE fanbase.
is FF mascot.

cons:
HARD to make a moveset for.
seems AT-ish.
awkward!
(garbage tier)

after weighing the pros and cons of both i can say with no doubt...chocobo=mog!
You do know that all of your Mog pros are Chocobo pros right?

platnum

Smash Lord
You do know that all of your Mog pros are Chocobo pros right?
No they arent!

chocobo would be very hard to make a ballanced moveset for(it would eithere suck or be utterly broken pwnage).so it would realy make more sense for it to be an AT...but that is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom