• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Final Smash Thread ~pics included~ (Not-Dojoed Spoiler tagged, SIGN UP NOW!)

SonicMario

Smash Master

Welcome to the Official Final Smash Thread! Here we discuss everything about the extra sweet move the Final Smash. So have a fun time discussing the moves that only your favorite characters can do on the crazy battlefield that is Brawl. (Signups explained in 3rd Post)

UPDATE! (Dec. 5 2007)
The update states more specific information on the Smash Ball. When it is spawned, all players will be in a frenzy to grab one. The one who grabs it does not, I repeat DOES NOT immdediately activate the Final Smash. You must press the standard special move button to use it. But while you're not using it, you're in Standby mode until then. In standby mode, your character is glowing. However, try not to get hit hard when in this mode. For if you get hit, the Smash Ball is hit away! And then the frenzy will start once again. This means we can be strategic with the Final Smash. For example, for beam types try to get to a edge with Mario, Samus, and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon. While some you have to get in close and personal(Ike, Metaknight), and some destruction happens no matter where you press it (Lucas, Kirby). And it has been confirmed (for fun-ruiners :p) that they can be turned off, along that if you suck. You get one free one to help get some KO's for yourself. So that means you better pay attention more to my "Advice for avoiding FS's" to make sure perfect control of your little sister/brother if they suck.

~Returning Character's Final Smashes~

Mario
Name: Mario Finale
Date posted on DOJO!: Tues. May 29 2007
"This is one spicy of a meatball!"
Description: Mario's Final smash is sort of an oddball, for Mario never uses fire of this massive proportions in his games. (I would feel very bad for Bowser if he actually did) But basically anyone that he is facing will be in danger from Mario's attack. This is a potentially damage increaser. It has not that much knockback. But Mario may be set up for a good smash attack to KO
"PWNAGE!"
Advice for Player using FS: As said by Sakauri, it is best for Mario (In standby) to be at the edge of the stage when performing the move. As also said, it would be best to use it more aerial rather then ground.
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try to get behind Mario as soon as you can. If Mario has left any space for you that is. Or try to jump to avoid his attack, depending how high your character can jump.

Link
Name: Triforce Slash
Date posted on DOJO!: Mon. Jun 18 2007
CHARGE!
Description: This seems to be on of the Final Smashes that only work on one foe. Nothing has been confirmed on what exactly happens to the other 1 or 2 players. But it must be bad for any sucker to go into Link's triforce trap.
MORE PWNAGE
Advice for Player using FS: Try to get the foe you want to get rid of most if in a Multi-character battle. Otherwise just get close to if you are only going against one person.
PWNED
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Well nothing has been much confirmed how avoiding singular attacking FS's work yet. But perhaps if you are in a Multi Brawl, you should try to keep as far away as you can from Link when he grabs the Smash Ball. And in 2 player matches... either you're screwed, or try to get into a platform above or below Link.

Pikachu
Name: Volt Tackle
Date posted on DOJO!: Tues. Jun 19 2007
Warning! High Voltage Approaching!
Description: I have heard that this move has in fact been used in both the Games & the Anime. Probably more extreme in the Anime as always. But Pikachu turns into a speedy ball of light that is controllable until it stops. This also seems to be the most dangerous so far to use. As you can easily end it while Pikachu is far from getting back onto the stage, causing a Fall to occur. New info has appeared on the Final Smash, as you can slightly push the control stick to cause Massive Damage as you go onto them. Also, for an effective KO: When they have reached at least 200-250, get them off the stage and use the attack button to KO them quickly.
Whoa!
Advice for Player using FS: It is probably best that you try to hit your foes for the time you are sure it will stay. When it is about to stop, avoid foes that are at the edge of the stages. New info has also told me that you must stay above your foe to be able to cause a maxinum of 300% damage.
Ah Brock Flirts...
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try to seperate from the others. With Volt Tackle going around , Survival isn't in numbers. And if you know Pikachu is running out of time, try to get Pikachu to come after you near the edges and try to dodge. Hopefully the electric mouse will be fooled by it's weakness.

Samus
Name: Zero Laser
Date posted on DOJO!: Wed. Jul 18 2007
KA-ME HA-ME
Description: For you DBZ fans out there (Admit it some of you had to have liked DBZ at some point) this is pretty much the Super Kamehameha of the game. The reason i say that is because it shoots a beam that goes straight and it happens to be blue (if you watch most Kamehamehas, they are blue). And this could also be arguably the most talked about Final Smash. Due to the fact that once you use it, Zero Suit Samus is now playable. The large debate of Zamus playable at start VS. Zamus only playable after using FS is still debatable.
HAAAAA!!!
Advice for Player using FS: Just like Mario, try to go towards the end of the stage and face your foes. Then use it, but be prepared to play as someone completely different once you use it.
OMG
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Also just like with Mario, try to get behind Samus when firing. If Samus has left room. And once again also, try to jump high if you can't.

Zelda
Zelda/Sheik
Name: Light Arrow
Date posted on the DOJO!: Mon. Jan 21 2008
Awesome Bow...
Description: Unlike most gamers, I don't play much Legend of Zelda games. So I can not go too much depth with Zelda's Final Smash. But I do know Zelda does use arrows in some games like TP. In this Final Smash, Zelda shoots a arrow that produces a laser to pierce foes. Also, Sheik is able to use the same one. Yet it is very different in Knockback direction. While not the most impressive Final Smash, it still is lethal if it hits anyone.
CUPID'S BEEN STRUCK!
Advice for Player using FS: I'd recommend using this Final Smash when the stage is large or flat. It looks it can be useless on Small, un-simple stages.. Also, better use it in Multi Brawls. Since Sakauri noted it's easy to dodge in 1 vs 1
That must suck
Advice for player avoiding FS: Hope you have a good jumper if your straight from zelda. But your safe as long you can get under in large stages or Over in High stages.

Bowser
Name: Giga Bowser Transformation
Date posted on DOJO!: Wed. Jul 4 2007 (Do you find it weird that this was on independence day?)
When an Bad*** turtle has his eyes glowing along with light coming out of his body. You know it's going to be trouble
Description: If your a true Mario fan like me, then i suppose you were a little weirded out that Bowser has a Non-canon FS from the games. But if your also like me, you don't care. The invincible part is disturbing though. I can imagine what damage Jigglypuff could do if he wasn't. Heroes always win... Ha! Such blasphemy. Although you could have guessed a giant fire breath. That could be Ridley's final smash if need be;).
"Move Aside Godzilla. Giga Bowser rules Toyko now"
Advice for Player using FS: What sort of advice for a rampaging invincible monster you might say. Well you may be right, all i can say is PWN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!1111
Does anybody see the Irony with Zelda & Samus here?
Advice for Player avoiding FS: RUN LIKE HECK.... and try to KO the others if you are in a multiplayer game.

Donkey Kong
Name: Konga Beat
Date posted on DOJO!: Mon Jul 30 2007
Boom Shaka Laka Boom!
Description: i will admit that i was disappointed that DK's FS happen to be from Donkey Konga. I would of prefered something else. But it is too late now. Pretty Much DK gets out some Bongos and causes shockwaves to appear and damage DK's enemies. It will also be interactive by pressing buttons to make more beats.
Apparently, no one enjoys African music...
Advice for Player using FS: Try to get as near as you can to your foes. The closer, the more likely you'll damage them. And keep button mashing while doing so.
....Or Claps either
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Stay away as much as possible from it. That is all i can say. (And not to be mean, but that might not be much of a problem)

Yoshi
Name: Super Dragon
Date posted on DOJO!: Thu. Aug 23 2007
Fire Breath... How original -_-
Description: Super... DRAGON?! I always thought Yoshi was a dino... But anyway this is based on the different Yoshis in SMW except for Yellow Yoshi. (Blue = Wings, Red = Fire) I can say this one was pretty neat, still says that Sakauri still has that attack genius he always was. It can also be dangerous if you're off the edge when it stops.
More Fire...
Advice for Player using FS: Fly around to certains spots you believe your foes will be going. And blast them with fire. Try not to let them get away from you for too long. Oh and try to not end it when Yoshi is off the edge.
OH NOES!
Advice for Player avoiding FS: In multi battles, seperate from the group just like for Volt Tackle. Yoshi can only attack chase after one person if you split.

Fox/Falco
/Wolf (Yes, I know he's a Newcomer but it's still the same)
Name: Landmaster
Date posted on the DOJO!: Oct. 4 2007
Zelda: "I have a Bad feeling about this"
Description: The wonderful world of Tanks... They helped sort of back in the Great War (World War 1 for the History Morons :p), World War 2, and kicked Iraqi *** in the Gulf War. Now they've come into Brawl in the form of the Landmaster for Fox's Final Smash. 1st appearing in Stafox 64, the Landmaster got it's seperate missions. But not as much as the arwing. Looks like you control it throughout the level. And BLAST THE #$%! OUT OF YOUR FOES! I gotta say this is almost as interesting as Bowser's Final Smash. Your foes can also be on top of it. But you can DO A BARREL ROLL! (Sorry=D). And the only weakness will probably be it's speed, i can't imagine Sakauri making it super fast. This also happens to be Veteran Falco's
and Newcomer Wolf's Final Smash.
There might be differences, if you want to cover that in your review (It's Optional though)
BOOM!
Advice for the Player using FS:Try to gain the left edge when using it, aim your weapons wherever your foes are at. If they are on top of your tank. DO A BARREL ROLL!
It's so awesome...
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Avoid the guns aim. And go behind the tank if there's room. Don't go on the Tank too long, or else you get.... BARREL ROLLED.

Kirby
Name: Cook Kirby
Date posted on DOJO!: Oct. 9 2007
Time to Cook!
Description: Who honestly thought FINALLY when they saw this? This used to be the only final smash that was not on the site that everyone knew was there. But now i can finnaly shed some light onto it. It seems a little different from on the trailer. Only Mario was in the pot in the trailer. And now both Wario & Fox are put in as well? Maybe because that was the same trailer where Samus's FS looked more grapichal then the actual one. So anyway, Kirby mixes his enemies along with some Kirby items. What may be speculated is the foes are gaining damage in the pot. But this FS is still mysterious. Is there a way to avoid this FS? Was that only a 2 player match and Wario & Fox were instantly sucked in the pot? Or is their one that is hiding that just doesn't appear. So we only need to know if this is avoidable or not, and the Cook Kirby mystery is unvielied.
BEAT THAT COOKING MAMA!
Advice for Player using FS: Nothing much unless you have to press buttons for futher stirring.
BAM!
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Not known, so you're either screwed or somehow there is a secret. We'll probably find out when Brawl realeses

Peach
Name: Peach Blossum
Date posted on DOJO!: Oct. 19 2007
Peach:"You did WHAT with Daisy?!"
Aw... I wanted anger... Oh well. This one will have to do. Altough it seems it might not be a Super Princess Peach final smash that most people expected. Instead Peach... does Jigglypuff style puts everyone to sleep while either A: Eats Peaches to heal herse;f or B: Murders everyone in their sleep. Also an artwork appears with a border for some unknown reason. But this may be considered a good FS for peach fans. It is strategic. As i will explain in the Advice sections.
Catchy Background
Advice for player using FS: Before using, your FS, make sure to check Peach's damage meter. If it is low like 0% to 50%, then when you use it Bash all opposing foes instead of eating the peaches. If you have high damage like over 150%, use it and then focus on healing peach with the peaches. And if you want a more succesful sleep for the foes. Get as close as you can to them. Sakauri did say that the closer foes are the peach. The longer they go night night.
Mario:"So That's what's been hurting my back all morning"
Advice for player avoiding FS: While there seems to be no visible way to avoid sleeping. Try to run as far away from peach as you can. Well if you watch Peach's meter. You should know what peach wants. So damage peach early before she can find the Smash ball later in the match.

Ice Climbers
Name: Iceberg
Date posted on the DOJO!: Mon. Nov. 17th 2007.
It's like the twins in the Old justice league. Without the transforming
"Women and Çhildren 1st! Oh wait... What are we suppose to do about Pokemon and Animals around here!!!!" As you cans see the 1st part of that is a reference to Titanic, which if anybody listens to History or seen the movie know that It was sunk by an Iceberg. And Icebergs are now in Brawl in the form of Ice Climber's FS. The 2 retro stars 1st grab the infamous Smash ball and clap hands. Causing a sudden Iceberg to come out of the ground even in hot places like Delfino Island and Norfair. And the Ice could get annoying, not only is it hard to walk on. It also damages your character! Only the Ice Climbers are able to walk on the Iceberg without damage. And there also seems to be a way to freeze foes. Though that isn't eactly explained how.
ICEBURRRGGGGGGG!!!!
Advice for player using FS: Keep it center stage, and then there is nothing to worry about except you might want to hit foes into the Ice or if they have enough damage knock' em off the edge.
*Yodols*
Advice for player avoiding FS: Try to keep off the Iceberg, and try not to be hit off the edge by the Ice Climbers.

WARNING SPOILER TAGGED VETERANS
Ness
SEE LUCAS

Jigglypuff
Japanese Known (Please provide pictures)

Captain Falcon
Name: Blue Falcon
Date Posted on the DOJO!: Feb 22 Fri. 2008
Bringing the Animals
Description: Here we have the master of the knee art himself: Captain Falcon. And he shows his moves and his car in his Final Smash today. He seems to have the only cinematic final smash in the game. Whether this is good or bad is yet to be determined. The car comes and runs over and transports you to an unknown course. Then he runs over you again. It is really hard to say if there is a way to avoid it.
Looks like some people are gonna be Roadkill
Advice for Player using FS: Just use it I guess. It is not exactly known how exactly you should perform it. But what the heck.
Ouch...
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Don't exactly know yet. For any reviewers out there you may want to test it out.

Falco
SEE FOX

Ganondorf

Luigi
Name: Negative Zone
Date posted on the DOJO!: Feb 15 Fri. 2008
Whoa... Wild trip dude
Description: Luigi's final smash is rather interesting. It has many effects that makes you want to turn on the Twighlight Zone theme. It can slow your character down and make you Taunt uncontrollably. It also makes Luigi stronger then normal. This is one zone you will not want to be in.
And thus... the King was killed in his sleep
Advice for Player using FS: Just go ahead and use it. Specifically if it is a small stage. Move around and hit your vulnerable foes
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try to reach a safe place. Like anywhere on a large stage. However, if you are on a really small stage. Your screwed. Oh and if you're in the zone, stay in the air as long as you can.

Marth
Name: Critical Hit (Tentative)
Date posted on the DOJO!: Feb 7 Thu 2008
I AM HE-MAN!!!
Description: Once again, I have no interest in Fire Emblem but once again it isn't Final-Smashes-that-SonicMario-wants-to-talk-about. But here is the returning character Marth with a very what I hear to be very broken. Marth gets ready for a slice and if it hits, can KO the character very fast even at very very low percentages. Might not want to call him gay this time around... (Not to mention a Life bar shows when you use it on someone)
Advice for player using FS: Get close enough, that's all. Marth's does not require much more strategy besides that.
Yet another thing pops up from a Final Smash
Advice for player avoiding FS: Run away, and if you think you can get lucky enough. Hit him out of Standby mode. Marth's Final SMash is not one of those you want to get hit by everyday, in fact any Final Smash you won't want to get hit by everyday.

Mr. Game & Watch
Japanese Known (Please Provide pictures)

SonicMario

Smash Master
~~~Newcomer's Final Smashes~~~

Pit
Name: Palutena's Army
Date posted on DOJO!: Thu. Aug 9 2007
I wonder how many Naughty Boys will pause here...
Description: I can already tell the weird guys just want to see Pit's FS to pause at the moment Palutena appears. Here we have Pit's Final Smash calling Palutuna, and we have some kamikaze style knights. Once they attack, they're dead. Good thing Pit is able to help him.
FOR PALUTENA!
Advice for Player using FS: Since Pit is moveable, assist the centurions as much as possible. Those suicidal soldiers need all the help thay can get.
Looks like that one was no Match for Ike
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try not to let them overtake you, and look out from attacks from Pit

Wario
Name: Wario-Man
Date posted on the DOJO!: Wed. Nov. 28 2007
"Wario-Man!"
Description: Na na na na na na na na na Wario Man! This Final smash, although rather expected. Is a pleasant representation once again from the popular Wario Ware series. Wario-Man was a transformation from the very 1st WarioWare. It appeared throughout until Smooth Moves, where he was Tiny Wario. Anyway, this FS gives Wario a chance to boost his speed and attack power. Most if not all his normal Wario abilities are faster and stronger.. Sakauri also said that even the Special moves are upgraded. (Makes me wonder what power his farts will be O_O) But he warns people to not use the bike. Whoever does it in extreme caution of losing a point/stock.
Ah Yes, That is a classic
Advice for player using FS: Just do your usual strategy when you're Normal Wario. Unless your strategy includes using the bike, then choose a different one.
OH NOES!!111
Advice for player avoiding FS: Sakauri did not specify if Wario-man was invinicible or not. If he isn't then just attack Wario like you normally would, but just don't let him get an opening on you. If he is invincible, stay clear and hope the CPU/your friend is stupid enough to use the Side special.

Zero Suit Samus
Name: Power Suit Samus
Date posted on the DOJO!: Feb 8 Fri 2008
Curling
Description: This is the final Final Smash i can give without Spoiler Tagging it. So here it goes. Once again, this is too simple of a Final Smash to really have an effect. The only way it damages is when a foe is too close. Which will rarely happen. The only real effect is that you become Regular Samus. Nothing too mind-blowingly awesome. Unless you have a weird thing for Skin suit women gaining metal suits of armor 0.o.
Blinding Light!
Advice for player using FS: Use it if you REALLY REALLY need the Power suit. Maybe you're going against a character strong against close-combat and weak against Projectiles. That's when you need it. But meh... what's the point of you doing it can just have a cheat to go through them without it?
Behold!
Advice for player avoiding FS: Meh... just stay away from the Transforming Samus. Nothign else to dodge until Samus starts shooting missiles.

Ike
Name: Great Aether
Date posted on DOJO!: Mon. Nov. 12 2007
Set!
Description: When I 1st unlocked Marth & Roy in Melee, I was like WTF?! with them. I played with them a few times. But I ignored them and just went back to playing Pikachu (XD). While I have no care for the FE series. I must be fair, since this is the "Final Smash" thread not the "Final Smashes that SonicMario wants to Talk about" thread. So I must give you Ike's Great Aether. Ike 1st grabs the Smash Ball and whoever is caught in it is hurled up in the air and when Ike comes up he bears on the unfortunate soul his Heavy sword in a Piledrive. It also seems to be able to hit Multiple foes into the Air. And if it misses any, they can't hit Ike, but they can add damage to the already screwed players. (Test how mad your Friends get when they are being hti by Ike's FS while your freel able to smash them into Oblivion)
Get Ready!
Advice for player using FS: I don't need to put much for 1 v. 1 combat. Just get close when in Standby mode. For multiplayer, try to get as many foes in your reach as possible.
Spike!
Advice for player avoiding FS: In multiplayer battles, avoid Ike until he starts damage on other people. Then forget Ike, attack the already woed characters getting attacked!

Pokemon Trainer
Name: Triple Finish
Date posted on DOJO!: Thurs. Sep. 26 2007
Take That! Triple Finish!
Description: I want to be the very best, like no one ever was... The catch song that captured many little 5 year old kid's hearts may come back to haunt you again when PT launches this FS. No matter what pokemon gets the Smash Ball, all 3 come out and attack at the same time. It only seems to fuse into one attack in one point. There is no difference between the attacks of the beam from the Fire, Solar Beam, and Water blast. Oh and for an extra... that text window should be all too familiar...
It's Super Effective!
Advice for Player using FS: In single combat, try to get your foe cornered and use it. The nearer you are to the opponent, the more damage will be cracked up. In multiplayer combat, try strategys said in the Samus and Mario FS parts. And try to not be annoyed by the text box...
And Again!
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try to run as far as you can for less damage. And try not to get in a situation to be trapped. And once again... don't get annoyed by the text box...

Diddy Kong
Name: Rocketbarrel Barrage
Date Posted on DOJO!: Wed. Sep. 25 2007
It's Boba... Kong?!?
Description: It's a bird! It's a Plane! No it's Diddy Kong totally ripping off what Jango Fett does in Star Wars Ep. 2: ATOC! Although more humorized. I'm more proud of this one then what DK's was made. It seems this time you fly around again (As if we need more flying) only to bombard your foes with exploding Peanuts! And after that, the barrel jetpack explodes making more mass carnage. Then whatever peanuts that Diddy Kong missed, are on the ground able to be picked up for healing.
I'll never look at peanuts the same way again...
Advice for Player using FS: Spread around, all the mayhem will confuse your foes. Then try to get near when the rocket barrels are going to explode. Then try to grab as many peanuts that you missed with before your enemies do.
PEANUTS!
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Seperate if you are in a 3-4 player match. Diddy can not seperate into 3 or 4 monkeys and chase you all down. Then stay as far as you can when the Rocket Barrels are going to burst. And the final stage is to grab all the missed Peanuts you can gather.

Meta Knight
Name: Galaxia Darkness
Date posted on DOJO!: Nov. 1 2007
Monkey VS. Cape
Description: Okay. this is one of those demo FS's we have known sicne E for all. But at least we know the name of it >_>. I have no idea why it it has Galaxia in the name, but hey It's Sakauri. So Meta Knight uses his cape to grab a hold of a foe and slice & dice. However it is not a Link clone as it 1st thought. It can also hurt multiple enemies when they're close enough. I've never thought a Nintendo offical would use the word cool though... But there is a downside to it. If you don't have a foe nearby. It's pretty much a waste of a smash ball. So chase your enemies down when you're going to use it.
DIE KIRBY!
Advice for player using FS: Try to get as much foes as near you in standby as possible. And launch it. Even if it only grabs one player. The darness will allow you to be able to slash the others too. Oh and don't do it too far from your foes.
Cap VS. Icons
Advice for player avoiding FS: Get as far away as Meta Knight to avoid damage. Even if your just close enough. You'll get damage.

Solid Snake
Name: Grenade Launcher
Date posted on the DOJO!: Thurs. Jan 10 2008
GET TO DA CHOPPA!
Description: And thus the 1st Final Smash of the new year is revealed! Luckily it wasn't Zamus's. This time around Snake, when he grabs the Smash Ball. He will jump very high and come back from the ladder of a chopper. He then pulls out a Grenade Launcher. You have 12 chances to pelt your foes with grenades before time runs out. But you must also be strategic for his Final Smash. Do not fire like it's a machine gun and don't take too long eithr for there is a timer. Overall, this one is sure to be a fun one to use. Rambo anyone?
(Boom) Headshot
Advice for player using FS: Once again, fire strategically where you think your foe will go. Maybe even use more then 1 to surround an opponet if it's a 1 V. 1. In Multiplayer combat, try to cause confusion and hit where players are most plentiful. If they are seperated, aim for your biggest threat or be mean and pick on the most damaged foe.
Reloading
Advice for player avoiding FS: Try to survive the grenades shot at you, hope that Snake misses you at least most of the time and either dodge 12 shots or wait for the timer to expire.

Lucas/Ness
Name: PK Starstorm
Date posted on the DOJO!: Fri. Nov 23 2007
PK....
Description: I don't know much about Mother 3. But I heard that Lucas never actually uses this. But whatever, just like Giga Bowser Final Smash is awesome. It's been called the "Apocalypse" of Final Smashes. Looks like a fun one to use, and a very horrid event to try to dodge. I can't wait to at least use it once. Even Ness will have a hard time dodging his Successor of the Franchise's attack. It has been confirmed that Ness also uses PK Starstorm, only Ness' goes farther widespread then Lucas' Final Smash. It looks like it will be less concentrated but even harder to avoid.
STARSTORRRRRRMMMMMM!!!!
Advice for player using FS: Preferably use it on smaller stages. And keep it center stage. That way it will be impossible for your foe to escape without a scratch. For Ness', You don't have to worry about small stages.
IT"S THE APOCALYPSE!!!!
Advice for player avoiding FS: If your are on large stages, good. Just keep away at the edge, and you should be fine (I hope). And perhaps some cover may protect you. But this may be speculation. For Ness', you may have less to avoid. But that doesn't mean you can easily dodge it

Sonic
Name: Super Sonic
Date posted on the DOJO!: Dec. 25 2007
*Insert Goku Sound*
Description: At last Sonic's final smash is on the DOJO. Don't feel too bad, at least we got music too :p. As expected it is Super Sonic after he uses the Chaos Emeralds from the Smash Ball. Now Sonic has become a Electric speeding ramming machine. He will be hard to avoid in the hands of a Sonic master in Brawl. But Super Sonic does has his disadvantages. Such as too fast can make it easier to dodge. And in E for All he was able to be stopped for a few seconds by hitting him. But Sakauri didn't talk any hting about it. Can we say.. Removed Disadvantage?!
Take that Hero of Heavans!
Advice for Player using FS: While this is another Transformation, you'll have to work harder to learn how to control it. Unlike how easy Giga Bowser is. You'll need to know how to handle the speed, the inertia, and try not to let your foes dodge. But after a while, this FS can become 2nd nature. And show what a Blue Hedgehog can really do
And he's back to his ol' true blue self
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try to dodge if there is no way in running away. or if it's still in. Hit Sonic and neutralize him for a few seconds for you to escape.

King DeDeDe
Name: Waddle Dee Army
Date posted on DOJO!: Dec. 6 2007
*whistle*
Description: Many people dream about being a king of some place. But what most people who dream that may or may not know that the King has large responisibilitys. Unfortunely, for the people of Dream Land. De De De is not like that, he 'd rather send his army after them. But fortunely for them, they always have Kirby. But anyway, the King will send down his army of Waddle Dees and occasionaly Waddle Doos & Gordos. It is sort of in the same fashion Pit's Final Smash is. Only it may be that the King is not moveable during the FS. But until Brawl comes out, we won't know for sure.
ATTACK MY MINIONS
Advice for player using FS: Just activate it anywhere. It won't really matter if De De De isn't controllable.
KEEP ATTACKING!
Advice for player avoiding FS: Sakauri did not confirm that you are able to hit back at the army. But one thing for sure, you might not want to with how fast they move. Oh and be mostly careful of the Gordos.

Pikmin & Olimar
Name: End of Day
Date posted on DOJO: Jan 17 2008
Liftoff!
Description: I never really played any of the Pikmin games, But I know enough that this is a pretty neat one for Pikmin fans. While most of us (Who didn't see the video) thought the Final Smash would have something to do with the Pikmin. That isn't the case however, because the ENEMYS are the Final Smash instead. Olimar just scrams inside his ship and flys to safety, while the poor character(s) below are faced by beasts. Depending how many players are out, the more damaging it will be. So 1 = Little, 2 = Medium, and 3 = Maximum. But a foe can also steal a KO you were incrediably desiring. Also, the Rcoket comes back down with a possibility of KOing a character.
AHH! REAL MONSTER!
Advice for Player using FS: Nothing really TO say, You fly off with no control over the Final Smash. You can only laugh while your foes are at the mercy of the predators of the night.
HOLY *HIT
Advice for Player avoiding FS: Try to avoid the enemys as much as you can. If you are in a multi-player, you have a chance to steal a KO from the person/ÇPU who summoned Olimar.

WARNING SPOILER TAGGED NEWCOMERS

Lucario
Name: Aura Storm
Date Posted on the DOJO!: Feb 28 Thu. 2008
Geez.. Looks like he is about to launch a Spirit Bomb or something...
Description: I lost interest in Pokemon shortly after the 2nd generation and the start of the 3rd generation. And here we have a 4th generation pokemon (sigh). Anyway, Lucario's final smash undoubtedly uses Aura like the rest of his moves. However, he goes straight in the air and unleashes a beam in which you can control the angle. I'd like to see Pokemon Trainer handle that move.
WOW!
Advice for Player using FS: Don't discriminate unless your in a 1 vs 1. Move it around everywhere. Try to get a good lucky shot.
Advice for player avoiding FS: Avoid the beam as much as you can and as long as you can.

Toon Link

Wolf
SEE FOX

R.O.B.
Japanese Known

That is all. I will update once a character or a character's Final Smash has been confirmed on the DOJO! And since it is school time. I will only be able to update any time I can, but mostly expect most to be around or after 4:00 PM.

SonicMario

Smash Master

This is where users that meet the requirements can sign up for their favorite Character's Final Smash.

Be aware that reviews will start commencing once Brawl comes out. E for All Reviews do not count

Here are the Requirements
1. Must have over 300 posts
2. Must be considered not a Troll.
3. Must give good detail in the Reviews (No "It's Awesome!" or "It Sucks!" only)
4. Must not hate the character
5. Only choose ONE character. This wil allow for more people to review so that it is fair
6. 7 is the maximum of Reviews per Final Smash. This may be the only rule that is elastic if it incredibly desired.
7. One control review is enough. Make sure you tell me which control scheme you used to review your Final Smash. But only pick ONE control scheme.

So without Further Adieu. Characters

Bowser

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong
Smashbot226

Donkey Kong

Fox
Yaya

(Falco)

(Wolf)

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers
Zealot2120

Ike
XACE-X

King De De De

Kirby
Goopygoo

Link

Lucario

Lucas
Aeris

(Ness)

Mario

Marth

Meta-Knight
Lavamage

Mr. Game & Watch

Peach
Redmage8BT

Pikachu
GreatClayMonkey

Pikmin & Olimar
Zero Suit Falcon

Pit

Repryx said:
Pit and the "Little Guys"

Power
The Little Guys do knockback according to your percentage but they are all equivalent to a tip from Marth's sword.

Speed
THe Little Guys move at about the same speed as thrown items only a TAD bit slower.

Best Usage
1. Activate this FS is best when your opponet is off the edge because you can go out with the little guys and edgeguard with them, usually resulting in a KO.

2. At Higher percentages, using the FS is more destructive with your opponet on land. Simply grab them or bomabard them with arrows and let the little guys do the rest.

Weaknessess
Pit can still be hit and KO'ed. It doesnt take much to defend against the Little Guys. Simply a swing of a sword or a sheild can make one or two fall at once.

Final Impression(and rating) I give this FS a 4.5 out of 5. This is one of the few FS's where you can be killed by a non SD. Also the soldiers dont tend to fly with much accuracy. At the same time however Pit can move and help the soldiers making his FS one of the most dangerous. Pits FS has Decent knockback and speed. This FS could defintly be used to bring about more strategies.
Pokemon Trainer
Meta-Kirby

Samus

(Zero Suit Samus)

Snake
Colbusman

Sonic
Gerudo Warrior, SiegK

Repryx said:
Super Saiyan Sonic the Edgehog

Stability(Inertia cancel)
As you already know it is VERY Hard to control...However I found it easy to smash in the opposite direction I was going in to STOP sonic then start him in a new direction.

Power
Your Power(knockback) is based on your momentum...NOT SPEED. More Momentum=More Knockback. I couldnt get exact percentages though.

Speed
About twice as fast as normal sonic in the air. If you can control it right....there is no target you cant get.

Best Usage
There are several ways to Use this FS.
1. When right next to (or on top of) an opponent. Activate the FS the Chaos Emeralds will hit them (often resulting in a KO)

2. Throw opponent off while in standby then Activate and edgehog.

3.A tricky approach, Use down b while in standby in order to close the distance gap between you and an opponent. When you get about a foot away Jump and activate the FS! great ambush!

Weaknessess
No Glaring Weakness except that in an inexperienced players hands...Super Sonic will not hit a target....ever. Also it is VERY easy to dodge if no real application is put into using the FS.

Time of Transformation
We were a little shaky on this one...yet the trend we found is that the larger the stage the shorter the transformation time.(needs to be tested more)

Final Impression (and rating): I give Sonics FS a 5 out of 5. Because of the fact that his FS CAN be somewhat controllable and it actually takes thinking to connect with it. Also it is a very speedy move, very powerful very impressive! Also if performed correctly, one can squeeze two KOs from a single FS.
Toon Link

Wario

Yoshi

Zelda/Sheik

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Volt Tackle is the best PHYSICAL Electric attack in the game

Too bad the give it only to the pokemon with one of the WORST attack in the game

****, my ELectric-Lion thing would be perfect with that attack

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
the thread is organized, but uhh did you have to hot link their pics? and dosent every one know all this anyway?

i dont think koopa will be entirely invicible durning his super, i think pretty much ever one will be hittable during them. (after intial invicbility frames) they might give him like 4/5 hit super armor, which would make him a nice walking tank.

i wish they would show more to kirbys already. i hope his just hits in an area around him and is blockable. seeing as the standard for that attack in the kirby games is all enemies on screen.

i wonder what the actual animation is for pit doing his. or if you can control any of them.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Volt Tackle is the best PHYSICAL Electric attack in the game

Too bad the give it only to the pokemon with one of the WORST attack in the game

****, my ELectric-Lion thing would be perfect with that attack
Oh well join the Flareon didn't get Flare Blitz club... :( freaking gamefreak.

Nice organised FS thread.

-Knight

SonicMario

Smash Master
Thank you all for the compliments. It took me a while to make all those summaries. But it is worth it. Oh and if i have an update late, it may because my Little Bro has the computer at that time. Or i'm on a family trip. I'm hoping i can keep this thread alive until all Final Smashes are on the DOJO!. So try to keep this thread alive folks, and stay on topic on Final Smashes.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I really like this thread and hope it isn't closed.
Now we have a thread strictly devoted to Final Smash discussion and prediction.

I actually can't choose which one I like the best. I mean, there are some FS's that don't come up to par with the others...such as Pit's and Donkey Kong's IMO, but out of the others I can't decide.

I just can't wait until we see everybody's.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I really like this thread and hope it isn't closed.
Now we have a thread strictly devoted to Final Smash discussion and prediction.

I actually can't choose which one I like the best. I mean, there are some FS's that don't come up to par with the others...such as Pit's and Donkey Kong's IMO, but out of the others I can't decide.

I just can't wait until we see everybody's.
It truly awesome on how many possibiliaties all the remaining characters have for Final Smashes.

And also, Early updates will come if there is no school for me. Tomorrow will be an early update if any Character or Final Smash shows up. So if a Final Smash has been confirmed on say... Thanksgiving break. It will be an early update then usual (also on Snow days <_<). I think Final Snashes deserved a thread of this organization. Pictures & Summaries are worth more then a 1000 words.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I found it, but it just doesn't seem to be as organized and as updated (They don't have Yoshi's). I actaully give summaries of the Final Smashes, Stryks just lists them and then put pictures on. If a n00b were to come in here to know about Final Smashes (And he doesn't know about the DOJO!), they'd get a lot more information from my Thread then Stryk's does. So this thread hopefully still stands. C'mon what Final Smash thread doesn't have Yoshi's yet?

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's Final Smash = Shiek Transformation
Shiek's Final Smash = load: AutoWin.exe
:p I like this thread, very well organised

SonicMario

Smash Master
Zelda's Final Smash = Shiek Transformation
Shiek's Final Smash = load: AutoWin.exe
:p I like this thread, very well organised
You'll have to wait until Zelda's Final Smash is an update to see if your right. Some people on these boards don't think Sheik will return (because of LoZ: TP). One example is Wiseguy (From his prediction thread in the Character Discussion). And i guess if they get rid of items in tourneys, and Sheik is in fact the Final Smash. Then that would mean no Sheik in tourneys.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I like this thread and I hope it doesnt get closed...this one is more organized(IMO) and about Links Final Smash...I thought it could trap more than one enemy? Oh well if it doesnt its still sweet...my favorite FS so far would have to be Mario's I mean c'mon....look at it...its going to be crucial when Mario grabs Smash balls...but it seems like it could also be easily avoided like...hang on the edge?....jump, double jump, Up B?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Okay i'm bumping my own thread to see other people's thoughts on the Final Smashes. So far there hasn't been a Final Smash update since Yoshi's, but i can wait for one. Until then let's do some old fashioned speculating.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Snake's final smash should be like this:

An oil drum falls over and spills everywhere on the stage. Snake then lights up a cigarette and then flicks it into the oil. Just like in every movie ever. ;D

iMichael

Smash Lord
Snake's Final Smash:

I'm thinking he's just going to run everywhere laying down some C4s and other kinds of bombs and then (KABOOM!)

or

A huge metal gear would appear in the background and take fire on the stage...hitting anyone(except Snake DUH!)

SonicMario

Smash Master
*Major Bump*

Ice Climbers on the returning character post. So we can start having some dicussion on their Final Smash. I said Blizzard or Avalanche, anyone have even more creative ideas?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ice Climbers? Hmm...

I'd say this:

You know the lifeline B Up move in Melee?

I was thinking either a massive blizzard or your controlling person could swing the AI partner around the stage like a yoyo out of control.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
i will admit that i was disappointed that DK's FS happen to be from Donkey Konga. I would of prefered something else.
Well if it makes you feel beter that was origonally from DK64. It would whipe out all baddies on screen and activate cetain panels. It couldn't be used on bosses, unfortunatly, and the clapping is an added bonus from Donkey Kong-a.

BTW, Diddy had basically the same thing except with a gutar.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Maybe Fox's Final Smash could involve hopping into his Arwing once he grabs the Smash Ball, and then the view would switch to first-person cockpit view so that the Fox player could use a cursor and shoot everyone on screen with well-aimed lazers, like in the credits for SSBM (sorta). It'd be flashy.

HZ514

Smash Cadet
It'd be so tight if Pokemon Trainer's FS was to bring out a legendary pokemon (it's also pretty likely, as there's not much the 3 pokemon, especially squirtle, can do that would be impressive on a FS level). I would say he should bust out a Mewtwo with a giant Psychic attack, but the greatest pokemon ever period. is already a playable. To set it apart from the normal pokeballs, which are already mostly legendaries, it could be a huge swarm of some of the greatest non-legendaries ever (I'm thinking Tyranitar, Dragonite, triple-evolution-badasses etc.) that wreak havoc all over the stage. An alternative I can see is being able to bust out all three at the same time, controlling whichever one you already were with the other 2 being intelligently controlled by the cpu. While it would be insane, a swarm of all 451 pokemon randomly swarming across the screen would be awesome.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
edit: nevermind, your list looks great! I agree that this is a good idea to make an organized, up-to-date discussion about this.

here are some predictions for FSes:

PokeTrainer: Probably takes all three out and they each do a powerful attack in a different direction, like maybe Squirtle does the right, Ivy upwards and Charizard to the left? I definitely think Mewtwo will still be playable, so I seriously doubt that PT will use him as a FS.

Diddy: Electric Guitar! whips it out and starts rockin, and damages enemies with the power of rock and roll (lol).

Zelda/Sheik: Traps enemies in the triforce as Link does, but then shoots a Light Arrow or a few. If Sheik has a different FS, maybe it will be something to do with her harp...?

Fox: Commands an Arwing to fly in and do damage.

Peach: Maybe she uses her "Vibes" from Super Princess Peach, like the flaming fury or the whirwind of happiness.

Ice Climbers: they bring on a blizzard that freezes opponents, maybe with bits of snow that linger on the stage to slip around on after it is done.

Ike: Hard to say since I've not played much of any Fire Emblem game, but maybe he is able to use the Fire Emblem and go crazy?

Metaknight: Also hard to predict, I don't really know much about his moves from past games.

Any thoughts? What do you all predict for unannounced Final Smashes?

SonicMario

Smash Master
here are some predictions for FSes:

PokeTrainer: Probably takes all three out and they each do a powerful attack in a different direction, like maybe Squirtle does the right, Ivy upwards and Charizard to the left? I definitely think Mewtwo will still be playable, so I seriously doubt that PT will use him as a FS.
Heh, either one will do. Although it could also be possible depending which onw gets the Final Smash. It's unlikely, but Charizard could have Fire Spin (Yeah more fire is what we need :p), Ivysaur could have Solar Beam, and Squirtle can have Surf (Huge Wave)

Diddy: Electric Guitar! whips it out and starts rockin, and damages enemies with the power of rock and roll (lol).
Wouldn't that be a clone of DK's? Could you describe if you had another thought that was different?

Zelda/Sheik: Traps enemies in the triforce as Link does, but then shoots a Light Arrow or a few. If Sheik has a different FS, maybe it will be something to do with her harp...?
Once again, sort of a clone. Please elaborate on what it does different. And as for Sheik... well that depends if Sheik will even make a playable appearence again.

Fox: Commands an Arwing to fly in and do damage.
Either that, or Fox calls the Airstrike. Or perhaps for falco >_>

Peach: Maybe she uses her "Vibes" from Super Princess Peach, like the flaming fury or the whirwind of happiness.
I would hope for the Angry or Fury part. That is more Final.. Smashable....

Ice Climbers: they bring on a blizzard that freezes opponents, maybe with bits of snow that linger on the stage to slip around on after it is done.
That would be awesome if had an immediate effect and and after effect i admit

Ike: Hard to say since I've not played much of any Fire Emblem game, but maybe he is able to use the Fire Emblem and go crazy?
I'm the same way...

Metaknight: Also hard to predict, I don't really know much about his moves from past games.
well for sure it isn't the Halberd. Unless he there are 2... Then that would lead too: "HEY! Who had the guts to ****in steal my battleship style! I got that ****er ****ing copyrighted just a week ago! I'm calling Pheonix ****in Wright!

Any thoughts? What do you all predict for unannounced Final Smashes?
I don't really have that much for unannounced characters. So i don't put them on. Only confirmed for now. But i do believe that Sonic's could be Super Sonic.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
ike's is tough, seeing as aether, his recovery, was his master skill in fe, maybe he could call out all of the minor characters from path of radiance, aka his army, to storm the stage using all of their master skills, or he could have some hyper version of aether that does insane damage and heals himself like in path of radiance

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Metal Gears had better be in either as an enemy, AT or snakes FS!!!

Top Bottom