• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashville: Great Stage or Greatest Stage?!?!?!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
From the creators of Final Destination comes Smashville!!!

I make the Final Destination comparison becuause it's a simple flat platform seemingly devoid of any hazards, though there is now a single smaller platform above the main one.

Also, here's the incredible composed music for Smashville. Give it a listen: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music07.html

This is sure to be a favorite at tourneys, and come on! The Animal Crossing theme is totally perfect.

What makes this stage beyond aweseome, however, is that the scenery changes with the Wii's internal clock. Take THAT Halo 3!

Even better, cool events will happen at specific times! The cofee shop and KK Slider (who shows up every Saturday at 8:00 pm) are examples of this. Will Resseti also show up and freak out at poor losers who quit the game prematurely?! The possibilities are endless!

Interestingly, the Animal Crossing villagers watch the action and react depending on what is happening.

As fans of Animal Crossing will appreciate, Smashville's background features star constilations. I doubt that they will be customizable like in the the DS game, but it's a nice touch nevertheless.

***UPDATE*** Check out this glorious video of Smashville in motion! It contains numerous revelations, such as the fact that the platform MOVES! Not to mention the fact that you can see a taxi driving around in the background and even a present suspended by a balloon float by! Can this stage get any more awesome?!

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_2159420.html

So there you have it. Use this thread to discuss the pure awesomeness that is Smashville.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I think this is an AWESOME stage. My second favorite. I'm gonna be playing a lot on Saturday's...8 P.M. specifically. xD

But what about online? What if two people are not in the same region and playing on Smashville on Saturday 8 P.M.?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Ah, yes... listening to cute little K.K songs while knocking the brains out of people... PERFECT!

Now that you mention it, it does share a similar structure to that of Final Destination's...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Yoshi Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Is there any idea of what KK actually does? Do you have to wait for him to finish playing before you can battle, or is he in the background, or is it just not known?

I'm looking forward to this stage, mainly because of the scenery changes. And I always liked Animal Crossing on its own.

I hate how everyone is saying an Animal Crossing character is confirmed/deconfirmed because of this though.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I think this is an AWESOME stage. My second favorite. I'm gonna be playing a lot on Saturday's...8 P.M. specifically. xD

But what about online? What if two people are not in the same region and playing on Smashville on Saturday 8 P.M.?
I assume that since the stage background has no effect on the actual gameplay, people in different timezones will see different backgrounds.

Reagrdless, this stage does indeed rock!

Hong

The Strongest

Well, if online play works in that one person creates the gaming room and then people join it, I'd assume rules and stage time would be based on the room creator. That could also mean you'd be able to get multiple K.K. Slider songs. <3

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Is there any idea of what KK actually does? Do you have to wait for him to finish playing before you can battle, or is he in the background, or is it just not known?

I'm looking forward to this stage, mainly because of the scenery changes. And I always liked Animal Crossing on its own.

I hate how everyone is saying an Animal Crossing character is confirmed/deconfirmed because of this though.
Hmm... Looking at the last screenshot, Fox and Pikachu are actually looking at K.K. as if listening to his songs... Meh, I hope Sakurai just caught Fox and Pikachu during a move in which they look that way. :p

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
From the creators of Final Destination comes Smashville!!!
What makes this stage beyond aweseome, however, is that the scenery changes with the Wii's internal clock. Take THAT Halo 3!
So cool gimmicks that get boring after a few times seeing them > Actual gameplay? Not that I don't like Smash Bros. or anything, but saying Brawl will be better simply because it uses the Wii's clock is ridiculous. Not only that, but Brawl and Halo 3 are two COMPLETELY different games. They will both be great games in their own right. Yes, I said Halo 3 will be great, oh the horror!

Anyway, about this stage. This looks kind of cool, but a little plain and a little small to be honest. I like it, I'll play on it a few times and will laugh it up at 8 o'clock on Saturday with my chums as we brawl while KK Slider plays a concert (If you've heard what he sounds like in Animal Crossing, you'll know how hilarious it will be to battle while he sings XD), but I'll be playing more interesting stages like Castle Seige more often. Though I will play this a bunch, it looks hilarious.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
The stage interfering with the internal clock, Great idea, play around Christmas maybe you get some Christmas carols. Looks tournament legal.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yet another sweet stage to battle on. I like the way the stage has the intereaction with the Wii-clock. It seems like a cool addition to me. This could be one of my favorite stages.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you know what would be awesome, playing on this stage for an entire day. Yes, I know you'd have to have no life (Or just take a day off :p) to do that, but I think it'd be pretty funny Brawling on this stage watching the sun go up and down.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
So cool gimmicks that get boring after a few times seeing them > Actual gameplay? Not that I don't like Smash Bros. or anything, but saying Brawl will be better simply because it uses the Wii's clock is ridiculous. Not only that, but Brawl and Halo 3 are two COMPLETELY different games. They will both be great games in their own right. Yes, I said Halo 3 will be great, oh the horror!

Anyway, about this stage. This looks kind of cool, but a little plain and a little small to be honest. I like it, I'll play on it a few times and will laugh it up at 8 o'clock on Saturday with my chums as we brawl while KK Slider plays a concert (If you've heard what he sounds like in Animal Crossing, you'll know how hilarious it will be to battle while he sings XD), but I'll be playing more interesting stages like Castle Seige more often. Though I will play this a bunch, it looks hilarious.
I call em like I see em, dude. I say an Animal Crossing Stage that changes depending on the time of day is quite possibilly the greaest idea in the history of mankind!

Of course, you may feel free to disagree.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
No no, it's a good idea, but saying it's the best idea ever is a little over the top. ;)

Besides, it's not like internal clocks haven't been used in games before.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I call em like I see em, dude. I say an Animal Crossing Stage that changes depending on the time of day is quite possibilly the greaest idea in the history of mankind!

Of course, you may feel free to disagree.
To me, that's pushing it, but I do like the way it works. Also, you can adjust your clock so if it's not night-time, go ahead and put it at a late time and battle at night. It's such a cool addition to me.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
The best part about this level is KK Slider. Seriously. Listen to his music in Animal Crossing, and imagine fighting to it in Brawl (Or Melee, if you will). Pure awesomeness.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I always find his music kind of stale.. but hey, that's animal crossing's style. Do you think they'll give him a new song? Will it be one of his classics? Will it be different each week or will it always be the same?

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I always find his music kind of stale.. but hey, that's animal crossing's style. Do you think they'll give him a new song? Will it be one of his classics? Will it be different each week or will it always be the same?
The whole point of his music is to be so stale and boring, that it's hilarious.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I LOVE the backround in this stage, it's very detailed. I also love the simplicity of this stage, one big platform and one smaller platform, can't go wrong with that.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Looks pretty **** awesome. The scenery looks amazing. This is definitely my favorite stage so far.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
This stage is the best by far. The platforms are nicely set out to fight, the background is the best bit, I mean day and night will be so cool, the dog part just tips it of for me. And it's AC, the game is so sick.
The best stage so far!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does anyone else think Smashville, the best stage ever, will change according to the seasons? It would be much more Animal Crossing-y.

Hong

The Strongest
Since it's a direct use of the original Animal Crossing graphics, that's very easily done.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Since it's a direct use of the original Animal Crossing graphics, that's very easily done.
Actually, the textures and graphics on this level look much cleaner and crisper than that of Animal Crossing.

bored

Smash Ace
It's not the greatest stage IMO, it's great and all for you people who like animal crossing, I guess..I wouldn't play on it though..

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
The stage is amazing, I just hope they don't put any Animal Crossing characters on the game, they seem too dull for a fighting game IMO.
Except playing as KK Slider and bashing people in the head would be the greatest thing in any video game on the face of the earth. Hell, any Animal Crossing character would be funny as hell to see in Brawl. Just make a character: "Animal Crosser", he can attack with a shovel and stuff like that. And don't say they don't have attacks, Mr. Game & Watch was barely even an actual character and he managed to be a good fighter.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
I really hope Totaka's Song gets in somehow, in some shape or form. If you do not know what I'm talking about, please look at this reference: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eLMAgcGA8Dw

And people will finally realize after watching that video that K. K. Slider couldn't be a playable character, although you never know!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm glad Animal Crossing's getting repped. This stage looks like a lot of fun. I still think it would have been cool if it also would have gone through the seasons (in the same fashion that AC does, meaning in real time.).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm glad Animal Crossing's getting repped. This stage looks like a lot of fun. I still think it would have been cool if it also would have gone through the seasons (in the same fashion that AC does, meaning in real time.).
When we all play on Smashville come December 3rd, and if it is covered in snow, then we'll know it changes with the seasons. :grin:

...So, will this be a starter stage or unlockable?

Top Bottom