• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque Monthlies - April 19th

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's right folks! Step right up! GoldenGlove and I talked to the head macho of Ninja Monkey and he thought that montly smashfests sounded like a good idea, as long as they make some sort of profit like members and stuff off food and drinks.

I also think we should host a smashfest mid-June. I say Smashfest instead of tournament because we have a tournament July 7th and it would be nice to keep our money in our wallets for that.

Who's down?

Dude just make it like 5$ for entry. That is easy enough, and winner gets a gift card.

EASY!

Ps. this is sinz, being too lazy to log of Erichs account.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Uhh, what "problem" are you answering? There aren't any complications. We have a venue clean and cut, so let's plan a date to have a sexy party... I mean, smashfest.

Ahahaha, good old arguments!

A sexy party at the same time as a smashfest, how's about that Kash? OH SNAP!!! I'm down, that would be a really good place for it as well. Sometime in mid-June is when we were going to make one anyways.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ok, so the first question is, do we want to hold it on a weekday or weekend. My vote is for weekday, since school is no longer an issue, and the Montgomery Ninja Monkey is frankly a nicer place than the Paseo one.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Oooh... I'm interested. I've never been to a tournie before, and I want to start before Brawl comes out and I have to save for a Wii. Frankly, any day but Sunday, people (including me) have commitments (like church...) on Sunday.

Yay for no school! Feel sorry for the Canadians though, they have it for another month.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
I could potentially show up for some of these. I would absolutely make a fool out of myself and poor peach, but I could try maybe?

Eh, it sounds like a fun idea to get together. Just remember you might ahve a couple newbies like me show up. :x

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Peach... gross. Captain falcon= SEXORZ

We all sucked at once.

EDIT.

We all sucked at one point.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Awesome!

Uhh, what "problem" are you answering? There aren't any complications. We have a venue clean and cut, so let's plan a date to have a sexy party... I mean, smashfest.
I thought our Family Guy refs were limited to PG-13? WTH?!!! :confused: :grin:

Anyways, this sounds like a great idea over the summer . . . finally a chance to improve my falco every week. $5 is a good fee, and I dunno bout our top 3 prizes, gift cards are cool enough I guess.
Why limit NinjaMonkey to Smash? Kash, GoldenGlove, if you can, ask the head honcho if we could hold other events there, e.g. computer games like counterstrike, or even guitar hero 2, whatever!!! :lick: :lick: :lick:

I might have a problem with morning weekday tournies though-- No scratch that. I WILL HAVE A PROBLEM with weekday morning tournies. It all depends on the time, I'm only free Fri-Sun. :(
But the hell with it, if everyone else likes weekday mornings, then screw you guys, I'm goin' home. :psycho:

:estatic: Awesome. :colorful:

Sliraobe God

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I thought our Family Guy refs were limited to PG-13? WTH?!!! :confused: :grin:

Anyways, this sounds like a great idea over the summer . . . finally a chance to improve my falco every week. $5 is a good fee, and I dunno bout our top 3 prizes, gift cards are cool enough I guess.
Why limit NinjaMonkey to Smash? Kash, GoldenGlove, if you can, ask the head honcho if we could hold other events there, e.g. computer games like counterstrike, or even guitar hero 2, whatever!!! :lick: :lick: :lick:

I might have a problem with morning weekday tournies though-- No scratch that. I WILL HAVE A PROBLEM with weekday morning tournies. It all depends on the time, I'm only free Fri-Sun. :(
But the hell with it, if everyone else likes weekday mornings, then screw you guys, I'm goin' home. :psycho:

:estatic: Awesome. :colorful:

Sliraobe God

1. I dunno where gift cards came up, but prizes will likely be the standard 50%, 25%, 15%.

2. Well, Ninja Monkey already has CS and GH2 going on everyday. The whole idea is that one day out of every month, we get to use the place exclusively for smash. Plus, I'm pretty sure they've got events for those games as well. Just check out their site or ask them about it.

3. Hmm...define "morning". Time isn't much of an issue since we'll have the place all day, but I want to know what hours people want it to start at.

Also, I like your liberal use of smileys :roll:

Neh, me and Sinz have Church on Sundays too Micahc, don't worry about it, there won't ever be one on Sunday. Nope.

The prizes won't be much, and that's OK, they don't need to be for a monthly smashFEST. As for time, I would vote for starting at noon or one, or somewhere thereabouts?? What does everyone else think?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Dude just make it like 5$ for entry. That is easy enough, and winner gets a gift card.

EASY!

Ps. this is sinz, being too lazy to log of Erichs account.
Sinz suggested it in the first place . . . But I'd rather a 50% , 25% , and 10% potluck too. :p
Anyways, thanks for the smilie compliment. Besides, these days, no one bothers to use smilies, and that honestly bugs me. I mean, the constant smilie gets annoying :freak: , but my occassional face gives us some spice to our topic, eh?

So, I say the earliest morning would be 9:00 a.m.+ We wanna sleep in, and I'll become :flame: if that doesn't happen. But anyways, we'll play till early afternoon (1 or 2 pm).
But, if we have the place all day, and the fact that I will be busy in the mornings, then the perfect time for me on WEEKDAYS would be about 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm... Thanks!

What I meant with the other games was that if we held GH2/CS or whatever other game tournies WITH our smashfest, then will we have to pay extra? I know I was unclear on that :upsidedown:

As for the future possible MMs (all for $5), fear me!!! :grrr: If I forgot you or you declined OR you DARE challenge the n00blet, pm me.
Pice
GoldenGlove
Kash

Sliraobe God

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I talked to Woody (owner of Ninja Monkey) today. We scheduled the first event for Thursday, June 21st. That at least gives us a couple weeks break after the June 9 Farmington tourney that I'm sure some of us will end up going to. We have the place from noon to 2 AM (Likely won't need that long, but hey, it leaves plenty of room for free play). Oh yeah, it's going to be at the Paseo & Wyoming location. Please post if you can bring TVs and consoles! I'm good for a TV and a GC.

I repeat, please post what you can bring!

Erich's going, and he will be bringing a T.V. and a GCN!! I might also be going to CCCT the day afterwards, so we'll see how long I'm staying there. Not too long obviously. UGH, let's just say that for now I'm definitely coming, but I might not be able to at all. Hopefully I'll be able to come for at least a little while and watch my fellow NM'ers.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The place is only open 'til 2 AM on weekends, so we'd only have it to midnight, but he said it's okay if it runs over. Noon to midnight should be sufficient, though.

I can bring Three TVS and one GCN.

Also, this isn't an X-Topia-esque tournament type thing, Sliraboe. Feel free to play CS if you want or whatever, but you'll have to pay Ninja Monkey. This is meant to be something so New Mexico Smash players can get together on a regular basis, get to know each other, and improve our skill as a state and individuals overall.

Also, Steven. A point of clarification. We don't need to/Woody won't charge to just have them come in, will we/he? Like, a free play charge?

Oh, and, your *** is toast Sliraboe.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Nope, he says as long as we use our own TVs it's free. We'll have to pay their hourly charge or whatever if we want to use their screens, though. But that shouldn't be a problem if eneough people bring TVs and consoles.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Erich's going, and he will be bringing a T.V. and a GCN!! I might also be going to CCCT the day afterwards, so we'll see how long I'm staying there. Not too long obviously. UGH, let's just say that for now I'm definitely coming, but I might not be able to at all. Hopefully I'll be able to come for at least a little while and watch my fellow NM'ers.
Erich, if yo go I am goin too.

This should be goody good good. I can bring a gcn.

Plus, ERICH YOU HAVEMY CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE YOURS I HATE IT. IT IS TOO TIGHT, MINE IS LOOSER AND PERFECT FOR MOONWALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =O

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
1st Fest Scheduled Already?

Hell yes I'm coming. ;)
June 21st is a good date btw, being the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER and all. I'll hafta show up at about 2:30 ish.
I'm DEFINITELY bringing a GCN and 1 TV.

At ninjamonkey I'm just planning to play Smash anyway, and I'll definitely pay em.

GoldenGlove and Pice, I'm awaiting our MMs.
Also, Kash, IT'S FREAKING SLIRAOBE. Just for that, I'll mess up your characters so bad they'll have a sex change. :psycho: :cool:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm sorry, I always want to say Silraboe >.<! Forgive me, oh powerful Sliraobe that I'm gonna own in a MM.

Man, I got my new hours for summer. THEY SUCK! I'm working every other day. Sunday, then Tuesday, then Thursday, then Saturday, etc. That's some bull**** right there. I'm gonna ask if I can get Sun-Tues or Sun-Wed instead. If not and I have to work Thursday I won't be there until about 6 PM. Don't start teh tournies withoutz me =(

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Dang, that sucks =/. Definitely try to get your hours changed. If you can't, we may have to start the smashfest later. If we start at noon and then wait til 6 to start the tourney, everyone's gonna be way too tired of smashing to do well.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'd request the day off, but I already requested July 7th off, so I doubt they'd do that. I'm positive I can get my hours changed. I'll talk to my managers about it tommorrow.

Hmm, do your best Kash. In any case though, we'll still see you there, if a bit late. "Es ist ihm mir gut" ~Translation~ It is all good. We won't start the tournies without you, don't worry.

Erich's got a definite yes on going, so yay!!! See you all there, in about 3 weeks.

Let's see here, we've got:

T.V's:

Erich-1
Kash-3
Sliraobe-1
Steven-1

GCN's

Erich-1
Davis-1
Sliraobe-1
Sinz-1
Steven-1

Does 5-6 of each sound good Steven? Or should we get more?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I'm bringing one TV and one GCN. 6 of each should be ok, we've made due with less in the past after all. However, as always, the more the better.

Btw Erich, do you know if Paul is coming? If so, we need to do a crew battle.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Hell yes I'm coming. ;)
June 21st is a good date btw, being the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER and all. I'll hafta show up at about 2:30 ish.
I'm DEFINITELY bringing a GCN and 1 TV.

At ninjamonkey I'm just planning to play Smash anyway, and I'll definitely pay em.

GoldenGlove and Pice, I'm awaiting our MMs.
Also, Kash, IT'S FREAKING SLIRAOBE. Just for that, I'll mess up your characters so bad they'll have a sex change. :psycho: :cool:
sure thing man...what did we say....5 doallers was it? how bout we amp it to ten since there is no entry fee?

ana a crew battle would be awsome.....lets hope i can get off work for this event

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, here's a list of stuff they have.

* Coke/Pepsi : $1.25
* BAWLS : $2.50
* Energy Drinks : $2.00
* Tea or Water : $1.00

* Mini Burgers : $1.50
* Chimichanga : $1.50
* Hot Pocket : $1.50
* Dish Pizza : $2.50

You can also you bring your own food if you want, but you have to buy drinks from them.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, I kinda agree. But then, sales from food/drinks is the only profit they'll be making off us, so w/e. Plus, you can bring your own food if you so desire.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I kinda agree. But then, sales from food/drinks is the only profit they'll be making off us, so w/e. Plus, you can bring your own food if you so desire.
kool i didnt no we could do that thks

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, here's a list of stuff they have.

* Coke/Pepsi : $1.25
* BAWLS : $2.50
* Energy Drinks : $2.00
* Tea or Water : $1.00

* Mini Burgers : $1.50
* Chimichanga : $1.50
* Hot Pocket : $1.50
* Dish Pizza : $2.50

You can also you bring your own food if you want, but you have to buy drinks from them.
^Self-quoting ftw

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
>.>
<.<
This is weird. I could have sworn I made a post saying we should give 10% of the pot to Ninja Monkey (because we are more than likely going to have a tournament) just to reinforce to them that these monthlies are a good idea, even though they told us to keep it... maybe I did it in a different thread by accident?

Top Bottom