• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 12: Can someone get Skler a ride? June 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
So far, we're currently in the planning stages. Most likely, it's going to be held at Maiden Games, sometime in June that doesn't conflict with other tournaments. Discuss.

Date

Saturday, June 9th.

Maiden Games
148 Main st Suite 101
Biddeford, ME 04005
(207)-282-3450
maidengames@gmail.com

(Note that Mapquest seems to disagree with this location...you can just type "Maiden Games" in Place Name and find it)

This location is around 45 minutes - 1 hour south of previous Maine Smash Tournaments.

Schedule

Most likely the same as last time:

10:00 AM: People can start showing up, setting up cubes/TVs, play friendlies, money matches, etc.
Noon: Low Tier Tournament starts
End of Low Tier: Teams Tournament Starts
End of Teams: Food Break
End of Food Break: Singles Tournament Starts

We'll try to get everything finished by 10PM, as that is the default closing time. However, the store owner has said that the person working there will stay until midnight for an additional $25, and until 3 AM for another $25 on top of that (although the 3 AM push will be unnecessary)

Entry Fees/Prize Split
There will be a $3 hosting fee.

Singles Entry: $10
Teams Entry: $5 per player
Low Tier Entry: $5

Prize Split is 60/30/10 (1st place gets 60% of the pot, 2nd place gets 30%, 3rd place gets 10%)

I understand that there was some dislike of the high prices of last time's tournament, so I'm willing to accept feedback on it.

Rules
- All tournaments are double-elimination, which means that after you lose your first match, you enter into a losers bracket, and play against other people who have lost. If you've lost in the losers bracket, however, you're out of the tournament. The winner of the losers bracket plays against the winner of the winners bracket in the finals. The losers bracket finalist needs to win two sets, however, as the winners bracket finalist has yet to lose a set.

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and Dave's stupid rule (which are explained below). ALL finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before the first game starts, after both players have double-blind picked their characters, a player may strike a stage. It may not be used in the entire set, which applies to both the opening random stage and counterpicks made.

- Pause Rule: Pause is turned off in teams, to prevent accidental pausing when stock stealing occurs.

- Stage selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles:: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Stages banned for Singles and Teams: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Onett, and Kongo Jungle (DK Rap)

- For teams play, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- List of characters allowed in low tiers tournament: Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda (no Sheik), Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Wobbles Infinite is allowed. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

- Bring your own controller

- As per request of the people working at Maiden Games, there is to be NO SWEARING. Just try to make the tournament enjoyable for everyone, which includes people not participating.

- Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warmup time.

Set-ups available:

TV:
1. Dazwa
2. Banks
3. Emacee
4. RedSoxFan
5. ZoSo
6. Maiden Games
7. Maiden Games
8. Maiden Games
9. Skler

Gamecube/Smash
1. Keto
2. Banks
3. Larx
4. Emacee
5. RedSoxFan
6. ZoSo
7. Skler

Relevant links:

MST12 Tia Page: http://tia.nealpro.com/tia/ttournament.aspx?id=172
MST12 MaidenGamesForums Thread: http://tinyurl.com/yslysj
Maine Player Finder: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105330
Maine Power Ranking Discussion: http://tinyurl.com/yquhoa

Skler

Smash Master
Is that some sort of hideous pokemon?

I guess I'll take RPI to this and bring two setups. Pup n' Suds will be repping teams as usual with team low tier and friends. Also, expect my Link to make an amazing comeback after getting 9th at MST11. A comeback like first or something.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I'll most likely go to this if it doesn't interfere with a Lacrosse game.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Did no one else hit up the sushi place but me?
Smooch...sushi is gross. I dont want to start breaking out the sushi johns but i will. The only good asian food is thai (chicken pad thai preferably) and chinese. Sushi was just invented one day by a guy who broke his microwave and was too lazy to cook some fish, so he wrapped it in some rice to conceal the gross taste. I vow to make 100% promise to go to this with a pube and setup if banks makes me a sig like he said he would.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Smooch...sushi is gross. I dont want to start breaking out the sushi johns but i will. The only good asian food is thai (chicken pad thai preferably) and chinese. Sushi was just invented one day by a guy who broke his microwave and was too lazy to cook some fish, so he wrapped it in some rice to conceal the gross taste. I vow to make 100% promise to go to this with a pube and setup if banks makes me a sig like he said he would.
phailure.

I'd just like to point out to whoever we played in teams... I think it was maybe the fake match... about stage striking:
"- Random Stage Striking is allowed. On the first game of the set, both players may temporarily "ban" a stage from the random list (don't actually change the options), and it cannot be played in the first game. It is still open for counterpicking. "

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa...

Sushi sucks.

I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa. I am Dazwa...

Banks

Smash Hero
Uh ok, pat i'll make you a sig eventually once i get off my lazy e-***.

as for the date, i don't really know when the other tournaments are going on and if I'm going or not v_V I'M CONFOOZED

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
This sat: MLG Grassroots NY
May 12: ???
May 19: Something RedSoxFan apparently plans on running
May 26: Evo East

By the looks of it, there's probably no room except for next saturday, and that's just too soon. Perhaps pushing it into June will allow for out of staters to plan ahead to come to this. Maybe.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to see if I have a race the weekend we have this, so keep us posted w/ the date

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
May is definitely out of the question. May 5th/12th are both too soon, not to mention May 5th is MLG Grassroots NY. May 19th is RedSoxFan and something else MattDotZeb mentioned. May 26th is Evo East. And that's all the saturdays in May.

June 2 - Smashtality III
June 9
June 16 - *Pound* 2
June 23
June 30 - NYST "12"

Banks

Smash Hero
Is everyone here going to EVO east. need ride i think, MORGAN NEIL JINJO HELLO LOLOLOLOL

Skler

Smash Master
This should be...June 9th? That seems a long way away. Where is Evo East?

The tourny on the 12th sounds good though, if its in northern mass!

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Im going to EVO east because its gonna be the **** and I want to get owned in tekken 5. This will also be the **** as well. Crew battles request.

Banks

Smash Hero
I say we just play all big blue and forget about stages. thats the fairest way obv. spambump101

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
You mainers missed a hot mlg tourney. All these NJ/NY/MD guys talking like they the best. New England had to win and represent without you. For shame.

Skler

Smash Master
No way, big blue is fairer. Flat zone doesn't let you fight at all, you are always running away from falling tools. In big blue it's all about fighting and skill and fighting with skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom