• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 Southern Smash Circuit - Next Stop: LA - Last Smash

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Attention South Smashers:

There's a new circuit starting. Word about this got out about a month ago, but unfortunately the thread didn't get made in time for the first stop (INNsomnia V). The full details are ironed out and we're pushing forward at full speed.

Circuit Directors: PrinceZane, GAwes (aka Our Saviour Marth), Mankosuki, and Exarch

We're pushing to have at least 1 tournament every month starting in May and pushing through the end of summer/mid-fall (Circuit finals still TBA so show up to as many as possible!).

We're trying our best to schedule at least 1 tournament in each major area of the south. INNsomnia, for example, was in the Memphis, TN area. Therefore, we won't schedule another here until after a few other areas (Carolinas, Atlanta, FL, etc.) have been covered to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to attend as many as possible.

The list of tournaments participating in the circuit is being established and will be posted as they are confirmed.

Tournament directors: If you want your tournament to be considered, please contact one of the aforementioned council members ASAP.

Points will be earned based on tournament placement. Each tournament will follow the same point system and points will carry from one to the other. At the end of the circuit, the top players will be invited to the Circuit finals for a chance to claim Regional (and possibly National) Champion!

Point distribution is as follows:

Singles:
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 8
13th 4
17th 2
25th 1

Doubles:
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 6
13th 2

To answer the most common questions:
- People from out of region will get points
- I will try to have a link to the results of each tournament on here

(This post is still under construction)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Current Circuit Standings

Code:
[b][u]Singles Leaderboard[/b][/u]:

1.  Rice - 94 
2.  Forward - 75
3.  DaShizWiz - 60
4.  -Chad- -  58
5.  Chaddd - 38
6.  GA_Wes -  33
7.  KeepSpeedn - 32
8.  Darkrain - 30
8.  Lozr - 30
10. Reflex - 28
11. Iori - 24
12. Carter - 22
13. Tink - 20
14. Nite - 17
15. SheikSSBM - 15
16. Ram	 - 14
17. IHSB - 12
17. JMoan - 12
17. Lambchops - 12
17. Tope - 12
21. Kishprime - 10
21. Meep - 10
21. Moogle - 10
21. RockCrock - 10
25. 112	 - 08
25. X2X	 - 08
25. Boomstick - 08
25. Col-Bol - 08
25. DogySamich - 08
25. Exarch - 08
25. Jiano - 08
25. Linguini - 08
25. Mike_Falco - 08
25. Plank - 08
25. Sighrax - 08
25. SmashMac - 08
Next Circuit Tourney: Last Smash: Baton Rouge, LA - 9/22

Until furter notice, this post is still under construction. Still working on a system for doubles :( Don't panic, they WILL count (both past, present, and future tournies) so keep up the work!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
great idea zane. this will give me a reason to drive to different states now lol. maybe one day "House of Smash" will be included in the series.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
You guys have some good people trying to get this going for you. It's been great in the Midwest as it has focused attendance into one location very well, and I think you all will be surprised at how much people will travel to earn the elusive circuit points.

We are trying to hold one once a month until the end of the year, so please tell the Circuit crew if you feel that you have a good venue and housing situation!

Myztek

Smash Ace
Sounds interesting. I just wish we had faster, cheaper ways of traveling. If these are spread all around the Southern area, I know a good bit of people will have to miss out on a lot of them.

I'll just wait and see how it unfolds.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yay! Another good thing happening to the southern smash community! But um...

ircuit Directors: PrinceZane, GAwes (aka Our Saviour Marth), Mankosuki, and Exarch
Isn't GAwes like... moving to England to join the Beatles? ^_^

aaaaaaaaand, Sticky or its not important!! ^__^

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
complaining about not goin to all the tournies is like complaining about not goin to all the mlg events from last year.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Wow, sounds aweseome, FL must be included in this!

Then push for IC3s tourney ot be June 30th so it doesn't interfere with any other circuit dates and i'm sure it could be added as a good edition to the SFL portion of the circuit :)

Yay! Another good thing happening to the southern smash community! But um...

Isn't GAwes like... moving to England to join the Beatles? ^_^

aaaaaaaaand, Sticky or its not important!! ^__^
**** the Beatles. . . Rolling Stones bro, or Top Gear

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Dude, Eddie Izzard! Obviously > all British anythings...

Expect a possible rest-of-year calendar hopefully sometime next week. Or at least, what we have confirmed so far. This will give us (and you guys) a better idea of how this is panning out and when we have openings for more tournies.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
aight hold up a minute.

So am i misinterpreting what i'm seeing on the G4S3 thread, or did the midsouth tourney count as the first tournament for this circuit AFTER it happened?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, it was announced that it would be the first stop of the tourney, but the details of the circuit wasn't finalized at the time so the thread wasn't up...
That's kinda jacked up, imo. I'da actually skipped the stuff I had to go that weekend to go.

But oh well, live and learn D:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
When Wes leaves I'm sure it can be passed to another well known tourny director... perhaps Renegade Marth? Or X2X? I'm thinking of directors more along the lines of the larger and well known tournies, but meh just an idea.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Burgers. Ive been waiting for this thread to go up. I cant wait for the list to go up so I can see. This will turn out to be great!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I'm still waiting to hear back from some tourney directors. Please let me know ASAP in regards to your tourney being on the circuit so I can post. We're waiting on the next spot to fill :)

Thanks.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
no need to really...

SFL is dieing and CFL is closer for most of FL, plus giving opportunity for GA to come. CFL doesn't have much of a record for attending SFL tourneys when they do have them (and why would they, there's somewhere practically every weekend that they have very little to drive for) so the turnout would be small. Not to mention it'd be near impossible for Rice to make it all the way from NFL, and we all know it can't be a Southern Circuit tourney without him. ;)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Well, we've got a tourney in the carolinas planned, and a gigabits will be a stop, along with a few others. I'm just waiting on concrete dates and a "sure, i'd be glad to take part in the circuit" so I can get a schedule up for you guys. hehehe

<Edit>
MAJOR UPDATE:

Leaderboard updated (2nd post, page 1).

Is it really a surprise that an asian is winning this? Hahahaha.

Sah rang hae, Rice :)

-Chad-

Slackerator
Uh yeah, just because they weren't on the list last time doesn't mean they cant be on this time Zane *cough* Reflex should have 20 points *cough*

RAM

Smash Lord
are the points we recieve from teams added to our single points? or will there be a leadership board for Teams and Singles? MLG always just combined the points from each Singles and teams onto just one Leadership Board.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Sorry for mixup. Thats what I get for trying to be productive at 4am, ha!

Ram - Still talking about it. I like the combining idea, but if there's going to be a Nationals for singles and doubles, how can you tell who ranks where for doubles? So then we thought about listing doubles, but still in a "single" format. That way if someone changes partners, their points will carry with them and they won't end up twice on the list or something.

I'm pretty sure, it will end up being the 2nd option, I should know something soon.

Also, looks like next stop will be June 30th in Gainesville area, FL. This is not set in stone, just a heads up so you guys can start planning. I should be able to "officially" announce this by the end of the week (hopefully)

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah me too, NOOB1 should be the next stop due to it bieng an independent run tournament and probably having alot more space than the cramped Gigabits.
I agree with Ram.

RAM

Smash Lord
Also instead of Gigs we would'nt have to wait until the 30th of June but instead the 9th which earlier but still long enough to prep for that tourney. ( a month plus a few days give or take ) but it's enough and we would'nt have to wait as long.

Top Bottom