• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noir's Advance Technique/Reseach and Discussion.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
2 + 3. I would think it depends on the move. But I haven't found any move that can fast fall/move during Nb use. So I would gladly say "no" to that.
Yea, I asked because from all the fox/falco vids I've seen I've never seen anyone look like they've even tried to change their momentum in air while shooting their layzarrr.
Though I have seen ivysaur able to move back and fourth while in the air and using rasorleaf (is that side or neutral b?).
Bleh whatever, I just hope you post more vids soon, olimar looks hawt to use.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you have some extra time, could you play around with Pit...maybe put a match online. I want to see how a good pit would look.

Thanks.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Also, pivoting DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT exist in Brawl -- at least not in its Melee form. This is coming from someone who used it quite extensively in Melee.

In Melee, the very nature of Pivoting (and its subsequent benefits) was predicated on being able interrupt a dashdance mid-animation into a Neutral Stance that gave access to various NS attacks seamlessly. Pivot does NOT do this in Brawl.

All Brawl allows one to do is F. Smash near the end of a DashDance or during an initial change in DashDance direction. No matter how hard I tried, I could not perform a Tilt, Standing Neutral or any other type of Smash attack from this mechanic. Basically, it seemed impossible to go into Standing Neutral from this mechanic.

Sorry if that ain't clear, it's 6 in the mourning here.

-SynikaL

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Also, pivoting DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT exist in Brawl -- at least not in its Melee form. This is coming from someone who used it quite extensively in Melee.

In Melee, the very nature of Pivoting (and its subsequent benefits) was predicated on being able interrupt a dashdance mid-animation into a Neutral Stance that gave access to various NS attacks seamlessly. Pivot does NOT do this in Brawl.

All Brawl allows one to do is F. Smash near the end of a DashDance or during an initial change in DashDance direction. No matter how hard I tried, I could not perform a Tilt, Standing Neutral or any other type of Smash attack from this mechanic. Basically, it seemed impossible to go into Standing Neutral from this mechanic.

Sorry if that ain't clear, it's 6 in the mourning here.

-SynikaL
Sorry to break it to ya, but I have in fact done a Dtilt on rare occasions on trying to do a Dsmash. I can also Dsmash, but the timing is pretty hard/very strict. You have to dash dance back and forth and then Dsmash. If you read my section, you'd understand.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
It's already been confirmed that there is no light shield. The reasoning behind this is probably because the Wiimote button to shield is not analog. Thus, if there was analog shielding, users of the Wiimote would be at a disadvantage (not like they aren't already...-_-). Sorry to burst your bubble (or shield, in this case :laugh: )
Oh i already knew that, which is why I suggested a non analogue way, it works in melee with no analogue input. Now I know that doesn't work either, I was just covering all bases.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Is it possible for ROB to waveland by using the thrust from his Bair?

If Lucas can do PK Waveland, then I don't see any reason why ROB couldn't do a Bair waveland.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
It's already been confirmed that there is no light shield. The reasoning behind this is probably because the Wiimote button to shield is not analog. Thus, if there was analog shielding, users of the Wiimote would be at a disadvantage (not like they aren't already...-_-). Sorry to burst your bubble (or shield, in this case :laugh: )
If we're going with this reasoning, that would logically mean that there is also only one walking speed in Brawl, because otherwise you could do something with other controllers that cannot be done with the wiimote only. Someone should test this?

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Is moonwalking still in?
I second this question, If I can moonwalk with falcon just like I could in melee it be AWESOME.

P.S

Awesome work spending your time into Brawl research, well it's either that or play with all the useless modes we'll just end up using for like a week, but anyways thanks a mil

^____________________^

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Could you check the high gravity mode, someone made a thread saying that it played better using high gravity...but if you looked into it it'd be much more reliable.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
If we're going with this reasoning, that would logically mean that there is also only one walking speed in Brawl, because otherwise you could do something with other controllers that cannot be done with the wiimote only. Someone should test this?
I' ve heard from several news sources that you simply double tap to run or fall through platforms with the wiimote. I believe it but I guess if you want confirmation someone is actually going to have to use the wiimote for a round :laugh:

obviously double tapping for running makes more sense than working some way to light and heavy shield. I'm still dissapointed that it' s out though, they could have just implimented it with the GC controller, or mapped light shielding to A on the Wiimote and heavy to B on the Wiimote and then had you press both for a grab. That would have been cool to custom map it on the GC controller like L = light shield and R = heavy.

*sigh* Oh well.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Also, Power Sheilding seems to be gone in all its forms. Even reflecting projectiles.

-Syn

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
I just thought about that, actually. Didn't remember to try. I'm getting the game later today, so I'll try it then.

*edit*

There is an actual sound effect when you PS, but no actual game play effect, so it may have changed. In the 2-3 days my friends have been playing, no one has gotten it to work though.

-SynikaL

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
yeah :laugh:

also it doesn't have anything to do with advanced techs, but....

what is up with crawling? How do you do it? what is it good for? and WTF?
yes I am quoting myself, in addition

what kind of attack do you do if you attack from a crawling position? do you just stand up or do you do a unique attack? What about jumping from a crawling position? shielding from it? grabbing from it?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Zero Suit Samus does have three jumps. Her third jump is her Down B. She can even use her tether recover after it. You then have a ground jump, mid-air jump, Down B jump, and then Up B for tether. Please be sure to include this.

DBurke

Smash Cadet
I really havent seen much tripping in gameplay vids.

but in this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3W_AxqxSE

you tripped three times in 50 seconds.

dont you think that that hints at tripping not being random?

*hopes*
No. Sadly, me and friends made several characters start a dash animation and come to a stand still right after, start the dash again, stop, start, stop, etc. I've done this in one direction many times and in alternating directions. It seems that there is a random chance at the beginning of a dash that you fall. I couldn't find any other correlation since all I was doing was using the control stick to dash in one direction, wait until the animation was over and do it again. :(

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
O
My
God

I can think of only one reason this was added.
Suariki Knew about Fox Trotting.

they really couldnt see how they could disallow it, so they made tripping specifically to nerf the completive community.

think about it, the average person will almost never trip.
but in order to fox-trot, you have to renew your dashing animation continuously thus increasing your probability of falling on your face.

W
T
F

/conspiracy mode

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wow. Tripping is stupid. I REALLY hope there's a way to avoid it and it's not random.

EDIT:
But in your Marth fox-trotting video, of all the times that Marth started his dash animation I don't think he fell ONCE. What's the deal? Goofy characters like Mario and Yoshi can trip, but high tier characters won't?

Broken?

DBurke

Smash Cadet
Wow. Tripping is stupid. I REALLY hope there's a way to avoid it and it's not random.

EDIT:
But in your Marth fox-trotting video, of all the times that Marth started his dash animation I don't think he fell ONCE. What's the deal? Goofy characters like Mario and Yoshi can trip, but high tier characters won't?

Broken?
That's a good observation, but I don't think it varies from character to character. We tried many and they had relatively the same trip rate. I think he just got lucky. Tripping doesn't occur too terribly often, but enough to throw your game off or make you lose a stock pretty easily. A complete rough estimation my friend threw out about he probability of it happening was 1 in 100 dashes. That could be pretty far off of the actual probability since we didn't test it throughly, but tonight I will test the probability to give you better numbers.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
Also, Power Sheilding seems to be gone in all its forms. Even reflecting projectiles.
-Syn
while i havent seen full reflection, i have definitely seen deflection of projectiles using a shield, so powershielding (at least in some form) is in.

i'll post the vid link if i find it.

also, are you SURE thats a float cancel? i cant tell, it might just be that the lag from the fair is low. keep in mind that float cancelling implies that there is no lag due to the move whatsoever, only standing lag ie when you float cancel you see the same animation as you would if you had just jumped and landed. i'm not saying its definitely not a float cancel, but its really hard to tell from that video especially when others saw the FC is gone but there is a low lag fair

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
The moves looks fantastics, and not glitched anymore.

Awesome.

Nana walking and charging smash made me lol

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^If we did that we'd get a lot of casuals flamming us on smashboards. I'd rather avoid that.

The best option would be to have an official advance techs topic like in the melee section and sticky it. That way we don't lose the thread in the massive amount of new threads created everyday (most of which are pointless or repeats of other threads.)

Top Bottom