• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noir's Advance Technique/Reseach and Discussion.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Reverse Jump Naming

"Reverse Jump / Jump back towards (Naming in progress)"

Reverse Aerial Positioning or RAP

So you would RAP your B-airs. Lol.

Or you can add Enhancement to it, and then you've got a truly great name for such an awesome technique.

Also it could be:

Special Momentum-Retaining Aerial Repositioning Technique or SMART

Aerial Repositioning/Reversal Technique or ART

Reverse Aerial Mechanism or RAM

Hopefully you'll like one of those, or they'll give you an even better idea. Let me know if you want me to keep working on something.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i saw in the wifiwars youtube video profile they named the turn around in the air to keep the momentum to do a bair (i pretty much think its it)

they named it moonwalking... like the moonwalk to edgegrab in melee... find the profile link and youll see what i mean

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea, I saw that video.
I told them it was RAR.
Dunno if they saw.
Probably not =.=...
-DD

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the delays if anyone cares. I'm a full time student and on top of that, my main computer isn't working, so I'm on an old laptop right now >_>

How convenient, huh?

Anyways.

Is it possible for ROB to waveland by using the thrust from his Bair?

If Lucas can do PK Waveland, then I don't see any reason why ROB couldn't do a Bair waveland.
It doesn't work the way you're thinking. ROB doesn't slide when landing from a Bair.

Could you check the high gravity mode, someone made a thread saying that it played better using high gravity...but if you looked into it it'd be much more reliable.
This isn't melee 2.0, this is brawl. The game will be played as it was meant to be aka no mods.

On a side note, some characters do not gain altitude with their secondary jumps(mainly people with second jumps), thus making high gravity only for ****s and giggles.

Peach can clearly float cancel in brawl. This thread is lies.
That is true^

Peach can still FC.

-Syn
*sigh*

As I've said before, Peach gets VERY LITTLE landing lag with all of her aerials(except for landing with Fair exactly after the crown shine comes out, but pretty rare, has to be like frame perfect). Even if float canceling WAS in, it wouldn't even matter...

yes I am quoting myself, in addition

what kind of attack do you do if you attack from a crawling position? do you just stand up or do you do a unique attack? What about jumping from a crawling position? shielding from it? grabbing from it?
While crawling, your Dtilt will come out. If you keep trying to do it, oddly Ftilt will come out afterwards. So if you want to crouch while doing Dtilt continuously, you must delay the time between pressing the A button again.

You can Jump from a crawling position and shield. Attempting to Z grab will make your Dtilt come out. Technically, you'll had to shield grab.

while i havent seen full reflection, i have definitely seen deflection of projectiles using a shield, so powershielding (at least in some form) is in.

i'll post the vid link if i find it.

also, are you SURE thats a float cancel? i cant tell, it might just be that the lag from the fair is low. keep in mind that float cancelling implies that there is no lag due to the move whatsoever, only standing lag ie when you float cancel you see the same animation as you would if you had just jumped and landed. i'm not saying its definitely not a float cancel, but its really hard to tell from that video especially when others saw the FC is gone but there is a low lag fair
Thank you.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141501
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141451

Seriously man, if this is a research project, then you should take information from other sources. Add these techs to your list. We need a way to keep it all organized so we don't lose this information later.
Compiling all of the things found on this board is a lot of work, as well as testing them, too. Most of these people who have brawl have been playing the game for days straight. Who knows, maybe they're just more creative than me, too. The ones I find interesting, possibly useful, etc. I will post and give credit, but this is not a thread for ALL advance techniques and i cannot test and update the second I see it, but i'll try my best to >_>

here are two vids I made of a peach edge strat and a new turnip dash glitch I found earlier today, borrowed my friends video capture card and recorded

Turnip Glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7sP_pzAggQ

Edge Lure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHt3VIJBh-E
First one is extremely legit. Very good find. I'll give you full credit if you don't mind me putting that on the first page.

You should note that this works with every character and lightly throwable items. Sliding distance depends on the character. I don't know exactly what though. I tried this with metaknight and literally went half way across FD. I tried Pikachu and he barely even moves.

So if JC is out, how is this Fox doing that infinite wallshine?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNrzSVih5DY
Simply keep pressing down B

The Niagara Crew here is discovering so much its unbelievable.
Thank you and thank you. You should possibly start your own thread if you haven't already.

Other interestings to note from being asked here and from recent discovery.

- Yoshi can egg cancel on the ledge, but due to not being able to ledge hop until your ledge invulnerability frames end, it is pretty slow

- Tried to Isai drop/Shield drop. I THINK I shield dropped once, but other than that, I did not Isai drop and cannot shield drop on command, so thus I can't prove whether they're in or not. I couldn't do it in melee so... sorry x\

- Samus's grapple cannot extend through melee's way. If it is still in through other means, i don't know. On a side note, Samus can grapple the ledge 3 times before you touch the ground. After that, it will fail.

- Pikmin buds grow into flowers eventually after staying on screen for a certain amount of time. Not sure if it affects damage/knockback. So far, it does not affect SideB damage.

- Peach cannot float cancel AGAIN. Her aerials simply have very very little landing lag.

- On battlefield, on the side platforms, you can have Nana be on the side platform and Popo can be under it. Video will be posted later. Could possibly be a very good edgeguarding technique, guarding both the ledge roll and jump.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I dont see how I would go about starting a new thread with this one already up.

You can put my stuff on the first post though :)

Also the AMC and Inifate Wallshine were also from our crew.

AND I just figured out how to cancel the slide animation with a smash attack.

Video in minutes.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
That was disproved by the topic creator and myself. Ike's Fsmash is weaker due to using it 3 times in a row. I have tested this myself. Try it in training mode where the Fsmash's power and damage won't get lowered and you will always get the same results.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I just realized. The Peach throw thing (ITP also came out with his own discovery of it, calling it the Glide Throw, and saying that it works with every character with any item) is actually just a dash throw. Shield + attack is throw item, so if you press A early enough, instead of doing a roll you're obviously going to throw. Something like this might have been in Melee, but harder to do since Melee is faster.

Edit: Slide Cancel also looks like a modification of the Fox Trot.

SynikaL

Smash Lord

Niko_K

Smash Master
ITP Stated that he did not discover it, some japanese pro apparently did, but I too discovered earlier today and didnt post the video until tonight due to a lack of capture card *borrowed a friends*

EDIT: Yes you can air dodge towards characters, if you air dodge diagonally down before their attack you can dodge their attack and follow up with a shield grab or attack.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
The "slide cancel" is using the initial frames of the dash that's going the other way to Fsmash. Basically just using the dash dance/pivot.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
ITP Stated that he did not discover it, some japanese pro apparently did, but I too discovered earlier today and didnt post the video until tonight due to a lack of capture card *borrowed a friends*

EDIT: Yes you can air dodge towards characters, if you air dodge diagonally down before their attack you can dodge their attack and follow up with a shield grab or attack.
Oh, whoops, he did say that. **** memory.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Well we have another of ike AMC'ing meta knights (forward B ?)at 180 and surviving....Miller will upload it tomorrow

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
I've tried various characters and percentages. It does not exist x__x

If no one's gonna believe me on things then just forget it dude...

Float canceling exists.

Lcanceling exists.

Fox is top tier.

DJC exists.

>_>

gnosis

Smash Lord
Since it seems tripping -is- entirely random, just a small chance occurrence whenever you tap forward on the ground, I'd like to ask your opinion on it.

Do you think it's detrimental to the point that people should be worried, or is it an annoyance that you can get used to?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Don't you think we'll have to get used to tripping if it's random and can't be turned off?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Don't you think we'll have to get used to tripping if it's random and can't be turned off?
If we wanna play the game, yes. I was asking if it was bad enough to be game-breaking, at least from a competitive standpoint. I also wasn't asking you :D.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Tripping seems to be as detrimental as an exploding capsule falling in front of you. -_-

Say it was the final stock for both characters. Ike vs Fox. Ike uses a Fsmash, hoping to KO Fox quickly. The Fox player sees an opening and goes in for a grab, but just as he starts to run, he trips. The Ike player's smash attack hits and KOs him, causing him to lose the match.

Ech...oh well, I'm sure we'll just get used to it.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Tripping seems to be as detrimental as an exploding capsule falling in front of you. -_-

Say it was the final stock for both characters. Ike vs Fox. Ike uses a Fsmash, hoping to KO Fox quickly. The Fox player sees an opening and goes in for a grab, but just as he starts to run, he trips. The Ike player's smash attack hits and KOs him, causing him to lose the match.

Ech...oh well, I'm sure we'll just get used to it.
The potential solution is that approaching on the ground is now a risk-reward scenario... you -probably- won't trip, but if you do...?

The game is presenting aerial approaches as a safer alternative in situations where tripping could be deadly. I'm not really wondering if people can 'get over' the annoyance, I'm wondering if it's feasible to play in a way that overcomes it.

edit: Probably should of been more clear about this in my first post.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The potential solution is that approaching on the ground is now a risk-reward scenario... you -probably- won't trip, but if you do...?

The game is presenting aerial approaches as a safer alternative in situations where tripping could be deadly. I'm not really wondering if people can 'get over' the annoyance, I'm wondering if it's feasible to play in a way that overcomes it.

edit: Probably should of been more clear about this in my first post.
Yes. I assume that gameplay in Brawl will be a lot more defensive rather than offensive like it was in Melee. Players will fight knowing that there will be certain inconveniences that could happen at any time. Somewhat like the Pokemon Diamond metagame with its critical hits and status effect moves.

Perhaps this also means that certain items WILL be allowed in competitive play, since the luck factor in tripping may have to be accepted?

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I've tried various characters and percentages. It does not exist x__x

If no one's gonna believe me on things then just forget it dude...

Float canceling exists.

Lcanceling exists.

Fox is top tier.

DJC exists.

>_>
what about wavedashing?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Now if we could find out what causes tripping...maybe we can tech roll it? XD
Indeed. But the saddest thing about tripping is that it really does seem to be random. :/

Oh, and Niko. Wow, I mean. you're like discovering advanced techs for Peach by the minute. Why is she so special that she gets so many character-specific techs? T_T I wish I had the game so I could muck around with Lucas! Bah!

lol. The fact that I'm Australian doesn't help either. I am so going to mod my Wii and import the US version when it comes out.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Question about the tripping animation/instance itself, it seems like characters who trip are placed in a state similar to the knocked-down state, where they are temporarily invulnerable, if that's the case, is it even possible for tripping to actually cause you to get smashed/etc.? It seems at worst it just loses you your opportunity to attack and you just have to roll or attack out of it, and have (almost) no time where you are non-invul.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Glide throw is more or less a use of the game's throwing mechanic. Shield + attack is throw item. Your original glide throw is more or less a dash attack from the standing position. Your Reverse Glide Throw actually looks useful. But any character should be able to use these same techniques with a throwable item, not just Peach.

Top Bottom