• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of reasons why you should give Lucario a try: (BLOODY 'ELL UPDATED!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
List of Reasons why you should give Lucario a try:

DISCLAMIER:
This is by no means a "stop using Pit and play Lucario!" thread. It's really to show the qualities of playing Lucario and demonstrating how much potential he really has. If you want to bash, though, feel free to do it. Forums ARE about discussion, after all.

This is dedicated to everyone who goes around screaming "he's Mewtwo 2.0" and "man lolcario sucks" after playing him for two minutes in training mode without even trying to search him up before. If you have anything to add to this list then feel free to do so.

Updates in green.

1. He's freaking unique
Lucario has a special trait called aura that increases his attack depending on the damage taken. The exact numbers are still uknown but the general consensus is that every 50% damage taken increases the attack power of all of his attacks by 25% (excluding dash attack and back throw). This effectively means that being at 100% while the opponent is still at 50% isn't a really bad thing: the extra damage can quickly even the odds. Name another character who can say this.

2. Combo, combo, COMBO!!
Lucario has one of the best combo potentials in the game. Period. His air attacks are all quick to load and can usually be linked to one another, even with a fully-charged aura sphere (which could effectively KO a semi-damaged opponent). Even force-palm can chain heavy characters up to 60% before they can shake you off.

3. It's not that bad that he's replacing Mewtwo
And I mean REPLACING, not as a clone character. Let's be frank: Mewtwo was out of place in Melee (and man, you really need to be terrible to be out of place in smash bros...). He was big, but still easily launched. He had slow smash attacks and an odd neutral b that would sometimes miss entirely, and a simply out-of-place look in him.
Lucario, on the other hand, does him justice: he's floaty, but at least he's harder to hit. His moveset is strong, and his aerial game keeps your opponents in their toes. I say thanks Mewtwo, but maybe you should step out now.

4. Extremespeed is the best edgeguard juker around
"Bububut it dosn't do damage..." Who cares? Is Ike getting ready to f-smash you back to doomsday? Curve the recovery and go for the ledge instead. Someone edge-hogged you in final destination? Wall cling the wall beneath him and afterwards go for the stage itself. With a few exceptions (coughcoughpitcough) you can hardly go for a better recovery move.

5. Take that f-smash back. Counters destroy.
"HA!! Marth and Ike's counter are better!!" Oh are they? Sure they don't need as much timing, however they don't have a great KO potential unless the opponent is close to the edge. Lucario's double-team sends the opponent upwards, which means you can get a star ko easily independent of the stage, this includes normally annoying ones like shadow moses and bridge of eldin. Also double-team gets aura boost: with 130% you can easily KO an opponent who is still at 80% damage. So what if the timing's off a little? Practise makes perfect.

6. He's the king of comebacks.
Everyone's seen them. Matches that seemed lost suddenly took a turn for the best. Players managing two KO's in the last instant of a battle. The thing is that Lucario players see this all the time: Louie get's aura boost just by staying behind stock in a match, and that adds up with the normal aura boost from damage. This means that you have a HUGE chance of comeback if you use this correctly. My favorite saying when I'm in the verge of losing is "never say never".

7. Mindgames: so little used, so much potential.
Lucario has an insane amount of mindgame use. All of his attacks have disjointed hitboxes, and with it a good amount of priority. AS can keep charging for how long you want, keeping the opponent on his toes. Or you can just charge it halfway and make people forget it is already pretty big. Or charge it halfway and when it looks like you're going to throw it just keep charging and punish the guy. Double-team can be used for approaches. Jab can chain right into force-palm grab, and lots of others...

8. Air combat (can't get much better than this)
Count with me: we have one quick and linking air attack (front air), one with decent knockback and great priority (neutral air), an excelent juggling tool that just leaves opponents at our mercy (up air), another one that is surprisingly quick and equally painful (back air), and, the coupe d'gras, a ridiculously strong attack with insane speed that actually stops all momentum in the fall (doun air, we sing you praises). Good enough: oh yeah don't forget these are all with disjointed hitboxes. Bring it all up and you have a ridiculously powerful air fighter with few to match. What do you make of that?

9. Find your playstyle, don't adapt it.
Ganondorf absolutely must stay in ground-style battle in order to win. Game & Watch can't play defensively in no way or he will face KO. Samus depends in ranged battle. Metaknight needs to go all-out in order to KO opponents, while Peach needs mindgames with her hovering abilities to gain the upper-edge. However, there is nothing of the such with Lucario. He has great ground battle and combo abilities, an excelent air moveset, nice mindgame potential and can be a great character to play defensively. This means that no Lucario plays like the same, and a really good player can actively change their battle style midway through a battle, thus confusing the opponent entirely. You think you know how all Lucario users fight after playing twice with them? Think again.

10. Slow ground combat?
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean bad ground combat. Grab attacks are good and can be adapted for the situation, forward smash has MORE range than Ike himself, and all tilts deal good damage in comparison to other character's tilt attacks. Add it in to force palm chain grab and you have a nice moveset for ground fighters.
Or, just force the opponent into air combat and finish him there.

11. Oh, not KO'ed yet? Let's fix this situation, shall we? (or: the Art of Gimping)
Why edgeguard, when there is a much better option at your disposal? Lucario has been blessed by the traits of slow fall, amazing recovery sweetspot and quick aerials, so why put them to waste?
Launch the opponent off the screen, and and instead of watching them using their moves to recover jump out of the screen and go after them yourself. Lucario's already demonic down-air can become even more deadly in this situation: by stopping all momentum he can time the exact moment to hit you away from the ledge. Even if he does miss, Extremespeed is perfect to edgehog the ledge.
I dare you to see an Ike or Wolf user do this on a daily basis.

12. Aura Sphere. Versatility: Eleven
Lucario has one projectile that works for three. Aura sphere can be a devastating mid-long range projectile, a great edgeguarding move, and a nice mindgame tool.
For one, it charges up roughly half the time of Samus's Charge Beam. However, the damage depends once again on your aura. At zero % it deals 13 damage. Nice considering Samus deals 26% with a longer charge time. At 120% watch it grow bigger and deal 20% instead. Now face a Lucario at 170+% and watch the Aura Sphere grow bigger than himself and deal 26%.
Even if the damage is bad, spamming Baby Aura Spheres is great for stopping charging attackers and making them commit mistakes. Sometimes your opponnet might miscalculate and roll towards you, is a perfect distance to get chain grabbed by Force Palm...
Also, it is possible to charge the AS in midair without launching. The opponent is falling back to the stage? Jump and charge. You will either disrupt his return or get a nice star KO for your trouble.

Special thanks to NESSBOUNDER
13: Lucario is a top tier killer.

Is snake bothering you? Well Lucario can chain throw him to 70% at the beginning of a stock, then throw him over the edge and gimp him. Metaknight giving you a hard time? Lucario's range and spacing can deal with him. Marth? Lucario's lingering hitboxes give his sword a run for his money. Lucario has almost no bad match ups against the current top tier characters. If you're looking for a counterpick that can deal with a range of opponents, then he's your Pokemon.

14: Lucario doesn't suffer from any character-specific gimps. He can't be infinited by anyone, and isn't subject to any unfair glitches on his side. He can't even be chain thrown effectively by Falco, although Dedede is still a problem. Still, that's one less thing to worry about!
[/COLOR]

Special thanks to Trapt497
15: F-smash is even LONGER than you might think...
You think only the blue flame part of the attack will hit you? Think your safe from f-smash? Think that approaching down at an angle will keep you safe from u-smash? Think again. There is even a wider hitbox than the aura displays. Just watch Azen's video's, the way we has mastered the forward smash is truely amazing. Other examples of lingering hitboxes are f-air (there is a period where the f-air will actually hit if the opponent is slightly below you), and b-air (awesome killer, and the wide hitbox makes this move better than some people give it credit for).
I wish people would look beyond the "LULZ POKEMAHN!!" idea and gave Lucario a try. He's one hell of a character.

Milln

Smash Champion
List of Reasons why you should give Lucario a try:

This is dedicated to everyone who goes around screaming "he's Mewtwo 2.0" and "man lolcario sucks" after playing him for two minutes in training mode without even trying to search him up before. If you have anything to add to this list then feel free to do so.

1. He's freaking unique
Lucario has a special trait called aura that increases his attack depending on the damage taken. The exact numbers are still uknown but the general consensus is that every 50% damage taken increases the attack power of all of his attacks by 25% (excluding dash attack and back throw). This effectively means that being at 100% while the opponent is still at 50% isn't a really bad thing: the extra damage can quickly even the odds. Name another character who can say this.

2. Combo, combo, COMBO!!
Lucario has one of the best combo potentials in the game,.Period. His air attacks are all quick to load and can usually be linked to one another, even with a fully-charged aura sphere (which could effectively KO a semi-damaged opponent). Even force-palm can chain heavy characters up to 60% before they can shake you off.

3. It's not that bad that he's replacing Mewtwo
And I mean REPLACING, not as a clone character. Let's be frank: Mewtwo was out of place in Melee (and man, you really need to be terrible to be out of place in smash bros...). He was big, but still easily launched. He had slow smash attacks and an odd neutral b that would sometimes miss entirely, and a simply out-of-place look in him.
Lucario, on the other hand, does him justice: he's floaty, but at least he's harder to hit. His moveset is strong, and his aerial game is pretty strong. I say thanks Mewtwo, but maybe you should step out now.

4. Extremespeed is the best edgeguard juker around
"Bububut it dosn't do damage..." Who cares? Is Ike getting ready to f-smash you back to doomsday? Curve the recovery and go for the ledge instead. Someone edge-hogged you in final destination? Wall cling the wall beneath him and afterwards go for the stage itself. With a few exceptions (coughcoughpit) you can hardly go for a better recovery move.

5. Take that f-smash back. Counters destroy.
"HA!! Marth and Ike's counter are better!!" Oh are they? Sure they don't need as much timing, however they don't have a great KO potential unless the opponent is close to the edge. Lucario's double-team sends the opponent upwards, which means you can get a star ko easily independent of the stage, this includes normally annoying ones like shadow moses and bridge of eldin. Also double-team gets aura boost: with 130% you can easily KO an opponent who is still at 80% damage. So what if the timing's off a little? Practise makes perfect.

6. He's the king of comebacks.
Everyone's seen them. Matches that seemed lost suddenly took a turn for the best. Players managing two KO's in the last instant of a battle. The thing is that Lucario players see this all the time: Louie get's aura boost just by staying behind stock in a match, and that adds up with the normal aura boost from damage.

This is all for now, and I didn't even get to mindgames and air combat either. I wish people would look beyond the "LULZ POKEMAHN!!" idea and gave Lucario a try. He's one hell of a character.
Quoted for Truth and linked to in the Guide.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Number 6 is so incredibly true. How many Lucario's haven't been losing by 2 stocks just to come back and win it? (assuming a 3 stock match)

Reason number 7. You charge an aura sphere, it's about the size if Lucario's head. You wait for a bit, and take some damage in that time... then watch your opponent go OMFG at the aura sphere which is now the size of bowser.

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
GG Tallen. :)
Reason 7.5: If you B-Stick at all Lucario's Neutral B-Stick (a.k.a Aura Sphere) can be a great and effective mind game and/or defensive maneuver. Rivals Lucas' in practicality imo.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Amen on my knees tallen, Lucario really deserved more respect then he has been given. mostly cuz he is a pokemon. this is one pokemon that you dont wanna **** with out of all of them. also about reason 6: yes, yes absolutely true, i was fighting one of my friends 1v1 he was being marth, me Lucario. well actually it was a 4 player FFA but it was ultimatly me vs him. anywho i was at 134% with 1 life left and he was at max(3) lives left and 32%. my attacks were doing so much damage and knockbacking so much i ended up winning.
Kudos to this thread, all of you reasons are 100% true

Eizon

Smash Rookie
This thread wins. And pokeymanz are awesome, why would being a Pokemon be a bad thing? :ohwell:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Let's not forget about his massive range and how he breaks broken characters.
Meta Knight - will leave Lucario at a high percentage for a long time for high power
Snake - Chain grab to 90%, Aura Spheres go through his grenades and mortar
Pit - Fair effectively neutralizes the arrows
Wolf - Double Team his blaster to get closer and closer and punish
Any other threats that I haven't pointed out?

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
Truer words have NEVER been typed :p

Yeah, i was on the TL boards just now and guess where they put us on their tier list?...

Wait for it...NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE MIDDLE TIER >:(

oh and of course they were at top tier >_>:mad::mad::mad:

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Isn't the tier list about how easy a character is to play, meaning any noob could just pick up the char and play, not necessarily who the best char was. Even so, if they place it like that, they shouldn't be losing to Lucario ;)

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
*bows* thank you all, but I have only one request. two actually. aight three.
1) Spread this topic out. I can't post this in the other character boards or anywhere else, so we really need a mouth-to-mouth sort of communication so people get our point.
2) ADD YOU OWN THOUGHTS. I'm not by far the ultimate master of truth: we need to make a HUGE list like this so people finally pay attention. If it weren't for all the pokemon/furry hate out there there would be many more Lucario players around.
3) I'm only human XD stop kneeling before me and get to work...
kudos for comments, i'll be editing page one with more info as it comes.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
one other thing he has is insanely high wall kicks, which means if he wall sticks the edge of the stage he has a pretty much guaranteed chance of coming back

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
one other thing he has is insanely high wall kicks, which means if he wall sticks the edge of the stage he has a pretty much guaranteed chance of coming back
oh snap i forgot of that o.o gotta turn the pc off now but i'll update it next.
Either way, updates stuff in green. feel free to contradict me in any way you like.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Another thing: his SPACINGS, his grabs put him perfectly in line to pummel the opponent, and his push from most attacks means that ur opponent will find it hard to approach/punish u. He has benefits of having good priority, and nice disjoints. Look at his tilts, and u will see what I mean, it's like fighting a wall. Also, he can switch styles of play, and is one of those few characters that holds versatility as one big plus. I mean, if you've seen the "how do u play Lucario" threads, you will see that many play him differently.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if you've explicitly said this, but the variation in how he's played is huge. Being able to switch my style in the middle of a fight is a huge advantage- some of my friends get extremely confused when all of a sudden they're completely unable to predict what I'm doing. Then they start predicting, and I switch again. The adaptability of his moveset is amazing, at least in my opinion.

Browny

Smash Hater
mind games ftw hahaha

gotta love how the diddy boards for example, just cant get enough of diddys mindgames. which consist of throwing bananas. i dont think ill ever be able to deal with the torment of not being able to grab the banana and throw it back at them /sarcasm

get lucario high % and aura sphere is just hilarious. once the enemy has a taste of the first one, watch them pull thier hair out and be forced to roll dodge spam when they cant risk making one mistake. works quite well against the likes of pikachu, if he misses with thunder, dsmash or pretty much all of his specials, hes toast.

nah seriously, lucario is incredible at annoying opponents.
first time i played him in a competitve match my opponent got so angry stating how i was untouchable, he was playing MK of all things lol. and my brother is the same, he hates it when i use lucario coz he always says its no fun to get beat out of every single attack, and says the same things.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
NO LUCARIO SUCKS!!!!! HE'S SLOW AND HE'S A POKEMAN!!!!! DON'T PLAY HIM MAIN YOUR OWN GUY!!!!!:mad:

I don't understand why you guys want everyone to play as lucario. IMO Playing Lucario is a unique trait to those who've mastered him. If everyone started playing him.....well than he's not unique to anyone anymore.

I will admit thought this thread is all true...true. I agree 100% with everything in this thread. Make me appreciate Lucario even more:chuckle:

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
indianunit has a point. It makes sense that when few people play Lucario, he will be more unpredictable in tournaments and the like. Maybe someone here remembers how the Melee metagame totally changed after Sheik's chaingrab was found out? A lot of people started playing Sheik back then (also because of her easiness to pick up). Suddenly people started playing a lot more evasive and on the lookout for grabs against Sheik, and eventually even people who just got into the Smash community would know not to get grabbed by Sheik. Had the chaingrab not been found out until say, 2007 (yes, IF), then Sheik would probably dominate every tournament right now.

Considering this, it might not be a bad thing Lucario isn't TOO popular. If a revolution would break out this instant and everyone started to play Lucario at least as a secondary, I can guarantee you that people will get the hang of him. And seeing as Lucario isn't exactly instant Top Tier material (not saying he's bad) like Meta Knight is, this would only be bad.

Tallen: Kudos for writing this anyway, I appreciate your efforts. At least this will show people why Lucario is by no means a crappy character, but will always stay as one of it's own kind.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Hmm another thing I've forgotten about since I never really play with items.
Your opponent getting predictable items like spicy curry, some pokemon/assist trophies ect... can be a good thing. Gives you a free counter... a counter which kills at 100% on average if your at 100%

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I agree that it would stink that a lot of ppl start going to Lucario for little reason beyond a high tier and good bonuses, besides, we might catch "the Ike ********** ****************** ************* ************* **** syndrome" from other joiners. But yes, I agree that Tallen has outdone himself in making an effective "anti-Lucario bashers" thread.

Eizon

Smash Rookie
While we don't want to get stormed with a massive influx of new Lucario players, trying to get more people to at least try him out isn't so bad. More people to potentially contribute can be nice, and I wouldn't mind a bit more activity on this board personally. Anyways, to Tallen: Keep it up, I like the idea. I'll throw something in if I think of something, but alot of what I'd say is already up there.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
indianunit has a point. It makes sense that when few people play Lucario, he will be more unpredictable in tournaments and the like. Maybe someone here remembers how the Melee metagame totally changed after Sheik's chaingrab was found out? A lot of people started playing Sheik back then (also because of her easiness to pick up). Suddenly people started playing a lot more evasive and on the lookout for grabs against Sheik, and eventually even people who just got into the Smash community would know not to get grabbed by Sheik. Had the chaingrab not been found out until say, 2007 (yes, IF), then Sheik would probably dominate every tournament right now.

Considering this, it might not be a bad thing Lucario isn't TOO popular. If a revolution would break out this instant and everyone started to play Lucario at least as a secondary, I can guarantee you that people will get the hang of him. And seeing as Lucario isn't exactly instant Top Tier material (not saying he's bad) like Meta Knight is, this would only be bad.

Tallen: Kudos for writing this anyway, I appreciate your efforts. At least this will show people why Lucario is by no means a crappy character, but will always stay as one of it's own kind.
Nice point, however the entire thing isn't entirely about having people begin to play as Luc, but to respect him as a character. I've had this since the original Smash Bros.: noone would play as jigglypuff because she was, well, jigglypuff.
I'm pretty sure Lucario isn't top/godly/Chuck Norris tier but I was just hoping people would stop criticising him for what he is. Pretty much everyone just don't stop bashing him for replacing Mewtwo (even though I haven't heard a hoot of Ike replacing Roy, funny don't you think?), and I hate the fact that 90% of the tier lists so far have placed him mid/low tier when someone who actually tries him for a change notices how powerful he can actually become.
Oh yeah, the hellspawned tier lists. It's just annoying that new players will gaze adoringly to the high tiers and completely ignore mid/low tiers. Add that to the already unpopular characters profiles (Ganondorf and Bowser are good examples) and you will see hardly anyone using them. Coen, did you notice how many Ike and Marth players are online? Think it's a coincidence that they are usually placed among the top tiers? High-ranked characters end up being the most played, and that leads to more metagame that makes them even higher. That is why I don't stand tier lists, even though I know they exist (the Tier Wars are over, after all)
Either way, I guess I'll keep updating this. There might be good info to anyone who might be interested in using Louie.
More power to us all!! We'll see what happens in a few year's time...

Xfactor777

Smash Cadet
no way lucario sucks **** he gets as strong as wolf or fox at like 100 damage and when your doing good at 100 you get koed 2 seconds later

Eizon

Smash Rookie
no way lucario sucks **** he gets as strong as wolf or fox at like 100 damage and when your doing good at 100 you get koed 2 seconds later
Ignorant posts like these are EXACTLY why this thread was made.

Milln

Smash Champion
*jumps on the bandwagon*

Lawl at people that know nothing about characters they don't play. =3

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tallen: You're making quite a noticable point here about how popularity can affect tier lists. I want to know which tier lists you are talking about though, since the tier lists I've seen in the Back room coming from experienced players (although a tier list still can't be put together accurately) generally do not have Ike up at top tier. Bottom of the High tier at most. Chillin started the whole thing about tier lists back there, just to have people's first opinion on how the tiers should be.

You can't blame new players for picking high tier'd characters though. I have to use another Melee example for this: Did you see the character diversity among players from 2005-now? It's all Sheik, Space animals, Marth Peach, an occasional Falcon and ICs and very few Docs and Puffs. Around 2006 there was even a Space animal burstout, with at least 70% of all players playing Fox or Falco. These were the characters who had a shot at winning a tournament, although half of these chars were only good enough to place top 10. Other characters simply couldn't win a tournament, even if the player controlling the character was very very talented.

It's all quite logical.

Now, when you're new to the competitive scene, find out about advanced techniques, start watching vids and looking at tournament results, the logical choice would be to go and play high-tiered characters, if you actually want to compete in tournaments. Thus as lot of people switch to high tier chars. Like I said, around 2006 Fox and Falco were so popular with all their advanced techniques, smooth combos and fluent overall play but most of all potential that nearly everybody competitive played at least one of them. People like DaShizWiz, who entered the scene quite late, but still managed to make their way to the top wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for their choice of character (Falco in this case, and <3 ShizWiz). Just a little Smash history for you guys.

So yes, characters are also high on the tier lists because of popularity, but potential is also a deciding factor. Don't know why I wrote this all :p

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Tallen: You're making quite a noticable point here about how popularity can affect tier lists. I want to know which tier lists you are talking about though, since the tier lists I've seen in the Back room coming from experienced players (although a tier list still can't be put together accurately) generally do not have Ike up at top tier. Bottom of the High tier at most. Chillin started the whole thing about tier lists back there, just to have people's first opinion on how the tiers should be.

You can't blame new players for picking high tier'd characters though. I have to use another Melee example for this: Did you see the character diversity among players from 2005-now? It's all Sheik, Space animals, Marth Peach, an occasional Falcon and ICs and very few Docs and Puffs. Around 2006 there was even a Space animal burstout, with at least 70% of all players playing Fox or Falco. These were the characters who had a shot at winning a tournament, although half of these chars were only good enough to place top 10. Other characters simply couldn't win a tournament, even if the player controlling the character was very very talented.

It's all quite logical.

Now, when you're new to the competitive scene, find out about advanced techniques, start watching vids and looking at tournament results, the logical choice would be to go and play high-tiered characters, if you actually want to compete in tournaments. Thus as lot of people switch to high tier chars. Like I said, around 2006 Fox and Falco were so popular with all their advanced techniques, smooth combos and fluent overall play but most of all potential that nearly everybody competitive played at least one of them. People like DaShizWiz, who entered the scene quite late, but still managed to make their way to the top wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for their choice of character (Falco in this case, and <3 ShizWiz). Just a little Smash history for you guys.

So yes, characters are also high on the tier lists because of popularity, but potential is also a deciding factor. Don't know why I wrote this all :p
my internet wasn't working yesterday... dammit. btw I was needing some sleep when I mentioned Ike up there. I guess I didn't notice what I was typing XD. Take Ike off and put in Sheik or whoever you like.
This is why I don't like tier lists in the first place. A story I tell some times around here is that one of my friends used to play with Mewtwo since the first day he unlocked him (back when Melee had only just launched). He'd go to practice, try loads of different strategies, use the most of his superior wavedashing, and loads of other stuff. He practised like crazy and he'd still beat the crap outta me loads of times (I used to play Samus a lot). However, when the first tier List pointed him out into bottom tier, he just looked at it, shrugged, checked to see where Samus was and quickly scanned the top tiers, only to call me for another match soon afterwards. He continued with Mewtwo because he liked him (die-hard Pokemon Red fan XD), and he would always work to make the best out of him. Note: I have never, ever seen another person use Mewtwo without placing their token on random.
I know for a fact that people who want to fight competitively would need to pick high-tier characters, and I see nothing wrong here. I just don't like the idea that people will ignore low-placed characters for the simple fact that they are, well, low tiered, even if they will never fight competitively. Among friends what really counts is really having fun. One buddy of mine always said: "If you're not having fun, then you're not playing right", wich in a nutshell means pick any character and go have some fun. Screw tiers, they spoil people into thinking "he's bad because he's mid!!"
One last thing on tiers: Peach was initially called as mid tier. Only when people began to win tourneys with her did she get any attention. The result is that she began to be used by many more people, which developed loads of metagame that raised her tier even more.
Sorry for ranting. There are just some things I wished to get off my chest. I just wished so badly people saw things my way.

Milln

Smash Champion
He's also cooler, literally. Blue is a cool color and actually can make a room colder or feel colder if the walls and ceiling are painted blue. =3

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
He's also cooler, literally. Blue is a cool color and actually can make a room colder or feel colder if the walls and ceiling are painted blue. =3
Not always. It depends. When it comes to fireworks, blue can be most easily produced via copper halides, such as copper chlorate (CuCl2), which burns a deep blue-green at room temperature. However, blue stars (Class B and Class O stars, although Class O stars are better examples due to Class B having very short relative lifespans despite their power) are MUCH MUCH hotter than red stars or yellow stars, emitting most of their light in the UV spectrum.

...In short, let's just average out "cool" and "hot" and say that Lucario is officially "lukewarm."

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not always. It depends. When it comes to fireworks, blue can be most easily produced via copper halides, such as copper chlorate (CuCl2), which burns a deep blue-green at room temperature. However, blue stars (Class B and Class O stars, although Class O stars are better examples due to Class B having very short relative lifespans despite their power) are MUCH MUCH hotter than red stars or yellow stars, emitting most of their light in the UV spectrum.

...In short, let's just average out "cool" and "hot" and say that Lucario is officially "lukewarm."
Lucario has a switch on his hands. When he's losing, he's emitting aura to own everyone, when he's winning, he has the awesome turned on, and either way, it ends up making him uber!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
my internet wasn't working yesterday... dammit. btw I was needing some sleep when I mentioned Ike up there. I guess I didn't notice what I was typing XD. Take Ike off and put in Sheik or whoever you like.
This is why I don't like tier lists in the first place. A story I tell some times around here is that one of my friends used to play with Mewtwo since the first day he unlocked him (back when Melee had only just launched). He'd go to practice, try loads of different strategies, use the most of his superior wavedashing, and loads of other stuff. He practised like crazy and he'd still beat the crap outta me loads of times (I used to play Samus a lot). However, when the first tier List pointed him out into bottom tier, he just looked at it, shrugged, checked to see where Samus was and quickly scanned the top tiers, only to call me for another match soon afterwards. He continued with Mewtwo because he liked him (die-hard Pokemon Red fan XD), and he would always work to make the best out of him. Note: I have never, ever seen another person use Mewtwo without placing their token on random.
I know for a fact that people who want to fight competitively would need to pick high-tier characters, and I see nothing wrong here. I just don't like the idea that people will ignore low-placed characters for the simple fact that they are, well, low tiered, even if they will never fight competitively. Among friends what really counts is really having fun. One buddy of mine always said: "If you're not having fun, then you're not playing right", wich in a nutshell means pick any character and go have some fun. Screw tiers, they spoil people into thinking "he's bad because he's mid!!"
One last thing on tiers: Peach was initially called as mid tier. Only when people began to win tourneys with her did she get any attention. The result is that she began to be used by many more people, which developed loads of metagame that raised her tier even more.
Sorry for ranting. There are just some things I wished to get off my chest. I just wished so badly people saw things my way.
I was a Mewtwo user way back when T.T. The tier list, at the same time urging me to practice as Falco and Marth back then, also made me work even harder as Mewtwo (I loved his UpB, it was the King Mindgame technique). Overall, Mewtwo was all about tricking the opponent. Plus, he had teh psychic with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom