• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Well i dont wanna doa nother thread topost this thingy... but wanna know what you think about it!. I concur with some additions by wiseguy but ill add some of mine and take some of his!

1-Mario,
2-Luigi,
3-Peach,
4-Bowser,
5- Bowser Jr.

6-Link,
7-Zelda (sheik is at the end of the list...sorry)
8-Ganondorf,
9-windwaker Link
10- Midna/Wolf Link

11-Pikachu,
12-Jigglypuff,
13-Mewtwo,
14-Pokemon Trainer

15- Samus
16- Zero Suit Samus,
17-Ridley

18-Kirby,
19- METAknight,
20- King Dedede

21- Fox McCloud,
22-Krystal,
23- Falco

24- Donkey Kong,
25-Diddy Kong

26-Ike,
27-Miciaiah
28-Marth

29- Captain Falcon

30-Lucas,
31-Ness

32- Yoshi

33- Wario
34- Ashley

35- Pit,
36- Ice Climbers,
37-Mr. Game & Watch

38-Captain Olimar,
39-Tom nook or Villager

40-Snake,
41-Sonic

43-Isaac

44- Sheik

If i would need to take some out.. they would be Bowser Jr , windwaker , Ness and tom Nook---- making the list down to 40 players!

What do you think about it?
Nix Sheik and Ashley and inject Megaman and you've got a good list there.

My reasoning for no Sheik: Sheik would have been introduced with Zelda, hoping that Sheik will magically appear is simply a pipe dream.

My reson for no Ashley: Music does not proof make. It has been made clear that Brawl will be a total musicaholic. Ashley's theme is one of the only catchy WarioWare themes, next to Mike's Theme.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well i really forgot megaman!!.

About sheik... Eiji Onouma confirmed her and Ganondorf so meh... she is very in i think :/ altho i hate her.

Well i have to admit tht ashley is a personal desire... but im very sure that the song is not justa random song thrown in the fray. Its too fishy to be that way..even when we all know the game will have a lot of songs from different games!.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i like the idea of ashley getting in brawl, as for sheik, theres a possibilty of him getting in there too. i thought the list was great, especcially with ness and isaac included in there. still no one seems to care for sukopon anymore. he would be an interesting character to be put in. but incredibly odd.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Link isn't the reasoning behind TP's plot... so is G-Dorf the main character!?
But Geno is playable, while Ganondorf is not. Mario's quest was merely to rescue or find Peach, while Genos was to find the even Stars, and when he met Mario, he only had two. Geno was the main part of the stor y plot, gameplay, and adventure from after the finding of the 3rd of the Seven Stars, on to the final boss fight. Again, play the game, it's much diffrent.

Proof Shiek Still has a chance: Have we seen Zelda's dB, and is Zelda playable in the demo=?? NO, and NO!

And Wiseguy, I suggest you increase your challenge to 42 or 43 characters, with clones taking either 1/3rd or 1/4th the time, seeing as how Brawl is getting delayed 2 months, 3 weeks. And the President of Nintendo said that he wants to please everyone with Brawl with a big (balanced) roster, and to make everyone happy at Nintendo's 2007 Fall Press Conference. ;)

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Proof Shiek Still has a chance: Have we seen Zelda's dB, and is Zelda playable in the demo=?? NO, and NO!

And Wiseguy, I suggest you increase your challenge to 42 or 43 characters, with clones taking either 1/3rd or 1/4th the time, seeing as how Brawl is getting delayed 2 months, 3 weeks. And the President of Nintendo said that he wants to please everyone with Brawl with a big (balanced) roster, and to make everyone happy at Nintendo's 2007 Fall Press Conference. ;)[/QUOTE]

well its nice to see some one this late, hope your night is going well.

Anyway, i think the amount of characters in the game should be fourty five. sure that would mean adding 20 or more brand new characters and some people wouldnt play all of them. but sakurai plans on making this game one of a kind. with the addition of sonic and snake in the game, people will be buying a wii just for this. nintendo will be making a lot off this game, so the delayed release is good in a way.

it got me dissapointed mostly because i was going to stay home from school the day it comes out but now it releases on a sunday, but oh well a game is a game.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
This thread is great, nice read.

Links won't work for me though.

Comments: Simply put, Solid Snake is the single greatest videogame character of all
time. Period. Some of you might disagree with that, and you would be wrong. If you
don’t agree, then go out and buy Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes before reading any
further. If you’ve already played it and you still don’t agree, then you are beyond
help.
Amen!

You can’t begin to imagine my excitement at the very idea of playing as Solid Snake in
Brawl. From the looks of it, Snakes’ moveset consists mainly of strong physical attacks
as well as the odd explosive (we’ve already witnessed his killer rocket launcher in
action and we haven’t even seen any of his special attacks). Metal Gear Solid 4 may be
a PS3 exclusive, but long after Sony fanboys have tired of this final installment of
the Metal Gear series Wii owners will still be having a blast playing as Snake in Super
Smash Bros. Brawl.
I will have both games!

Tire of MGS4 & MGO? No thats not possible.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I pray that this is merely coincidence. I hate Sheik. He/she/it/potato was a bit of a waste of a spot. Yeah, we may haven't seen the Down B, but who are we to say that we haven't already? Perhaps in the fray of battle she did a move that we all assumed was a smash or something, no I really hope Sheik isn't in and Ojima was hinting at Sheik's inclusion. Not confirming. You can send in character information and have it be turned down.

And Wiseguy, I suggest you increase your challenge to 42 or 43 characters, with clones taking either 1/3rd or 1/4th the time, seeing as how Brawl is getting delayed 2 months, 3 weeks. And the President of Nintendo said that he wants to please everyone with Brawl with a big (balanced) roster, and to make everyone happy at Nintendo's 2007 Fall Press Conference. ;)
Good point, this delay can't jus be Sakurai putting in more of his favorite stickers.

well its nice to see some one this late, hope your night is going well.
It's 1:10. I'm totally wiped of all energy, and yet, I'm still here. If by good you mean uneventful then yeah, I'm good.

Anyway, i think the amount of characters in the game should be fourty five. sure that would mean adding 20 or more brand new characters and some people wouldnt play all of them. but sakurai plans on making this game one of a kind. with the addition of sonic and snake in the game, people will be buying a wii just for this. nintendo will be making a lot off this game, so the delayed release is good in a way.

it got me dissapointed mostly because i was going to stay home from school the day it comes out but now it releases on a sunday, but oh well a game is a game.
Fourty-five seems a bit too optimistic, I think that if they had 24 in the last game, then add 12 and you get 36, add 6 more for good measure and you've got the perfect game. (In a perfect world there are 50 characters). I want Brawl to knock Halo 3 off it's plump, Mircosoft branded @$$ and take home the Game of the Century award.

Elysium

Smash Lord
If were talking about the third third party spot and only bomberman and megaman are being brought up, I thought Simon was still in the running or did that theory get blasted in the couple days I missed?

As for Megaman, are we talking about retro, X, or newer-NT Warrior Megaman? Imo MM X beats the others, but I have my doubts since he kinda conflicts with everyones favorite female bounty hunter...

Despite what my local game crazy guy says, I don't think Bomberman would be a good choice as a pc. There are far more interesting and sought after characters before him...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually its Classic only possibly X but no others... and yhea he has a blaster he must be sooooo similar to Samus! Just like Mario and Falcon. Remember they both have fists so they must be clones!!

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I made this list:

1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) Bowser
5) Geno

6) Link
7/8) Zelda/Shiek
9) Ganondorf
10) Midna or Vaati

11) Pikachu
12) Jigglypuff
13) Mewtwo
14/15/16) PT

17) Kirby
18) Meta Knight
19) King DeDeDe

20) Fox
21) Falco
22) Krystal

23/24) Samus/Zamus
25) Ridley

26) Donkey Kong
27) Diddy Kong
28) K.Rool

29) Ike
30) Miciaiah

31) Captain Falcon

32) Lucas
33) Maskman

34) Yoshi

35) Wario
36) Ashley (personal wish, Sakurai said that there will be unexpected/unpopular chars)

37) Pit
38) Ice Climbers
39) G&W
40) Sukapon

41) AC Villager or Tom Nook

42) Isaac

43) Snake
44) Sonic

EDIT: 45) I don't believe I forgot the greatest Nintendo char ever: Captain Olimar
__

Runners up: (no order)
Bowser jr
WW Link
Lucario
Wolf
Marth
Black Shadow
Flint / Kumatora
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Felix
Lip
Megaman or Bomberman

I know that there are more than 40characters on my list. But this game has been delayed to add Sonic. So there must be more than 40Chars.

Maggirus

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yeah, I made this list:

1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) Bowser
5) Geno X

6) Link
7/8) Zelda/Shiek X
9) Ganondorf
10) Midna or Vaati X

11) Pikachu
12) Jigglypuff
13) Mewtwo
14/15/16) PT

17) Kirby
18) Meta Knight
19) King DeDeDe

20) Fox
21) Falco
22) Krystal

23/24) Samus/Zamus
25) Ridley

26) Donkey Kong
27) Diddy Kong
28) K.Rool X

29) Ike
30) Miciaiah

31) Captain Falcon

32) Lucas
33) Maskman X

34) Yoshi

35) Wario
36) Ashley (personal wish, Sakurai said that there will be unexpected/unpopular chars)

37) Pit
38) Ice Climbers
39) G&W
40) Sukapon X

41) AC Villager or Tom Nook

42) Isaac

43) Snake
44) Sonic
__

Runners up: (no order)
Bowser jr O
WW Link O
Lucario O
Wolf
Marth O
Black Shadow
Flint / Kumatora
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Felix
Lip
Megaman or Bomberman O

I know that there are more than 40characters on my list. But this game has been delayed to add Sonic. So there must be more than 40Chars.

Maggirus
Get rid of Sukapon, Maskman, K. Rool, Vaati, Ashley, and Geno and put in Ness, Marth, Mega or Bomberman, Bowser Jr., and WW Link.

My reason for no Sukapon: As far as retro characters go, he's practically unknown. At least Pit, Ice Climbers, and GaW had huge fanbases world-wide. Sukapon's just the joker in the deck, a nutty character that people slaps in for zest. If you want a retro character, take a look at Baloon Fighter.

My reason for no Maskman: Getting rid of Ness would be like getting rid of Cat Falcon, and replacing him with a secondary character like Maskman is cruel and unusual.

No K. Rool: DK's series just got Diddy, why add two new characters to a franchise? Plus, I'm not seeing enough potential in K. Rool to consider hinm a worthy canidate.

No Vaati: He's never seen 3D. He's only been n a few games that made mild sales and isn't as recognisable or as popular as say Midna or WW Link.

No Ashley: I've already done this song and dance.

And finally, No Geno: He's waaay too unlikely. Megaman or Bomberman is ten times more likely.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
My reason for no Sukapon: As far as retro characters go, he's practically unknown. At least Pit, Ice Climbers, and GaW had huge fanbases world-wide. Sukapon's just the joker in the deck, a nutty character that people slaps in for zest. If you want a retro character, take a look at Baloon Fighter.
Well I wanted to add Balloon Fighter instead of Sukapon, but then I decided to add him. I don't know why.

My reason for no Maskman: Getting rid of Ness would be like getting rid of Cat Falcon, and replacing him with a secondary character like Maskman is cruel and unusual.
Well, I think Ness won't be in Brawl. Lucas is Ness, they have similar abilities in their games.

I've seen this and yes if Ness would be in Brawl he only would be luigified. But most people are only interested in Mother3, it's the popularest game in the series and the newest.
So I predict that another Mother3-char will be in Brawl. And Maskman is the best one because of the story.
DK's series just got Diddy, why add two new characters to a franchise?
Why should Sakurai not adding two new characters from one franchise? Kirby will have (very) likely two new characters + K.Rool is a perfect villain and yes I think he will be playable.
No Vaati: He's never seen 3D. He's only been n a few games that made mild sales and isn't as recognisable or as popular as say Midna or WW Link.
There're many characters who haven't been 3D before Melee, but you're right Vaati isn't a good choice for a playable character.

No Ashley: I've already done this song and dance.
It's my personal wishchar. So.... ;)
And finally, No Geno: He's waaay too unlikely. Megaman or Bomberman is ten times more likely.
... well

Maggirus

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't want to argue, really, I hate arguing, but I actually had a reason for saying that Simon deserves the last spot. It's because the Castlevania series and their characters are just not receiving the attention they deserve while almost every game and most characters are superb and excellent in my opinion. People just throw it aside as "another 2D game" and go play stuff like ZOMGZ GOD OF WAR THIS IS HARDCORE (get the joke?) and et cetera et cetera. I just get pissed off when such great games/characters get swept aside so easily. In that sense, I believe Simon or any other Castlevania character deserves to be in this game just as much as Mega Man does. Ok I'm finished here telling why I said Simon deserves. As for the argument of whether he will be in the game or not, I'm neither supporting nor denying it. There, I cleared it all up. Have fun!

Oh and I was going to say something: No to Bomberman, no to Pac-Man and no to Sora. Bomberman and Pac-Man would just lack the awesome depth that other characters (i.e. Mega Man and/or Simon) can have and just ruin the whole game, not to mention that they would waste the extra spot(s). As for Sora...come on...spikey haired, emo teen with a stupid costume and a stupid voice that fights with a big key...I can't think of anything worse to ruin the game! If Sora is confirmed I will commit suicide. Once again I am just stating my opinion, I don't want to argue so please don't answer to this part.

Also I would love Brawl to kill Halo 3. I want Brawl to show everybody in the world what a REAL game is. And as that other guy said, I want it to receive a Game of Century award except that...I want it to receive a Best Game of Forever award. Heck if I had enough money I'd make a huge monument just to honor Brawl!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well really the last spot would still be in favor of Mega man even if Snake wasn't owned by Konami... but if Snake wasn't in the game I would be all for Simon but sadly the spots are limited and he just falls short of Mega man.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Well really the last spot would still be in favor of Mega man even if Snake wasn't owned by Konami... but if Snake wasn't in the game I would be all for Simon but sadly the spots are limited and he just falls short of Mega man.
That sounds...sad...and half true...I think I'm gonna cry...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Well I wanted to add Balloon Fighter instead of Sukapon, but then I decided to add him. I don't know why.
Yeah, I'd like to see what they do with such an inventive character like BF, if he makes it in (Which is likely, seeing as he was this close to being in Melee).

Well, I think Ness won't be in Brawl. Lucas is Ness, they have similar abilities in their games.

I've seen this and yes if Ness would be in Brawl he only would be luigified. But most people are only interested in Mother3, it's the popularest game in the series and the newest.
So I predict that another Mother3-char will be in Brawl. And Maskman is the best one because of the story.
Wait, wait, wait. MOTHER 3 is the most popular game? It hasn't even hit American shores! I'm thinking that it's not like Sakurai to bust up the original twelve just for fan service to the Japaneese. If there's going to be two MOTHER characters, they'd be Ness and Lucas, just to add variety.

Why should Sakurai not adding two new characters from one franchise? Kirby will have (very) likely two new characters + K.Rool is a perfect villain and yes I think he will be playable.
I'm liking how the DK franchise is getting some much deserved love, but K. Rool seems to be a little much. It's not that I don't like him, but I'd prefer to see Ridley in the game than K. Rool. I wouldn't mind if he got in the game, but if his inclusion means the sacrifice of a better character like Ridley, Olimar, or Midna I'm going to be pretty mad.

There're many characters who haven't been 3D before Melee, but you're right Vaati isn't a good choice for a playable character.
Exactally! I don't see what these people see in Vaati, but all I see is AT at best.

It's my personal wishchar. So.... ;)
Yeah, I admit Ashley would be an interesting character (Although I was kinda thinking of Mona or Jimmy T.) but the likelyhood of her inclusion isn't likely.

... well

Maggirus
Nice touch. Reminds me of what someone else is always ending comments with. :chuckle:

'Nuff said.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Its time to revise your list again Wiseguy!! Marth's chances have risen dramatically!

Fire Emblem 1 is being remade for the DS. With a possible worldwide release!

The "face of Fire Emblem" is back! This time, looking less girly!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
...Yea...

Anyways, I know believe that the FE lineup in SSBB will be:

Ike
Marth
Micaiah

With Black Knight as possible Boss.

Who agrees?
Interesting, very interesting. Michiah would make an interesting new addition, possibly like a cross between Zelda and Marth. It would be a new kind of interesting female character, unlike Zelda, Samus, and Peach she'd be unique. I also can see BK being in the SE.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Interesting, very interesting. Michiah would make an interesting new addition, possibly like a cross between Zelda and Marth. It would be a new kind of interesting female character, unlike Zelda, Samus, and Peach she'd be unique. I also can see BK being in the SE.
Plus, if fits perfectly, look at this chart:

------------------------------------------

As seen in the gameplay videos, Ike is a slow character. And reports says that can deal an insane amount of damage in a few hits.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Dragons people! Dragons will be the SE bosses of FE...Why do I have to keep repeating this? It's so obvious....or am I kidding myself? ;_;
oh yea, that too! I forgot... :embarrass

But then again, the final bosses in FE are not always dragons.

FE8 - A dark being
FE9 - A king
FE10 - a dark goddess (I think, don't spoil!)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The final boss are not always dragons, but you still fight dragons in almost every game. (And they do have a role in all of them) They not only lend themselves to actually being bosses better than a human sized character, but they also represent the series a lot more. (And heck, there are more of them as final bosses than any other type)

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The final boss are not always dragons, but you still fight dragons in almost every game. (And they do have a role in all of them) They not only lend themselves to actually being bosses better than a human sized character, but they also represent the series a lot more. (And heck, there are more of them as final bosses than any other type)
Actually i agree. Dragon are a very reoccurring enemy in the FE series. And since Castle Siege is a generic FE stage, why not have generic FE boss.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
That's true. Maybe the boss for FE will be the Dark Dragon. But I don't know if that was the final boss for FE1.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Anyways, I think the playables will be Ike, Marth, and Micaiah.

Some AT may include Mai (FE9-10), Sheeda (FE1), Lyn (FE7), Mist (FE9-10), and Soren (FE9-10). Maybe Ephraim (FE8) too.

Bosses may include Dragons, and maybe the Black Knight.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I think most ofd us agree that Marth, Ike and Miciaiah will be the ones for the rosyter of Brawl.

Its common sense... as marth well is marth and should be in. Ike is in already...and Miciaiah is the girl of the last installment of FE.

When addindg a character, you need to take in consideration is marketability also. Because of that i added players like Micaiah, Midna and Ashley... they are characters in current important games of Nintendo. Marketing guys Marketing. And they also fit in thje category of awesome characters. So IMO this will be trhe FE roster-

Black knight... well maybe as an assist trophy.... i dont think he will make it as a boss... as the bosses of the SE seem to be weird aliens.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
GodzillaSmasher said:
I know you already have Sora, but I'm gonna give you a Sora Moveset.

Standard Special Move: Ice Spell- Sora uses the KeyBlade to fire Ice Blasts straight in front of him.

Side Special Move: Sonic Burst- Sora uses the Keyblade's magic and strikes forward very quickly.

Up Special Move: Lightning Spell- Sora uses the lightning spell to strike the enemy closest to him.

Down Special Move: Fire Spell- A circle of fire surrounds Sora, stiking enemys near him.

Final Smash: Trinity- Sora stabs the ground, and magic trinity energy spouts out of the ground, harming everyone on the bottom level of the stage.
................................................................................................................................................................

Top Bottom