• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Your list is perfect, but Smooth Criminal made a comment about Bowser, so I'd like to make one about Zelda:

DO YOU WANT THE FOOT?!

Thanks! lol

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Lucas steps in **** and gets it all over his shoes and runs around in battle kicking magical mud a people. Zelda steps in **** and her shoe comes off stuck in the mud. Now what?!!!?

jk yeah, Zelda boot > Lucas boot...maybe, it's tough to beat Zelda but we don't know how the Lucas boot works yet :p

Zelda looks sweet, another top tier white trash ***** to join Peach :laugh:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Miciaiah. Hands down.

And Zelda doesn't have mary jane pumps anymore, she has boots. So if she stepped in mud, she'd be fine. Besides, she has the triforce of Wisdom. Does Lucas? No.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow Ethan rodgers wanting a girl instead!? wow thats a surprise! /sarcasm

But seriously BK > miciaiah

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
The characters I'd most like to make it are Ridley, Dedede, K Rool and Bowser Jr, and I reckon they all have a chance of making it in...
The 5000th Post!!!

Wow, pretty anti-climactic.

And do I hear rumblings of a Zelda/Lucas debate? Looks like it's time to...

GET IT ON!!!

The Categorys:
  • Paraphenailia
  • Originality
  • Nintendocity
  • Recency
  • Persona

Paraphenailia- Zelda

Assuming that Zelda has no Sheik (Then I would dispise her) then she's pretty well armed, and unique. Controlled fireballs that could be released or simply let out in bursts was a breakthrough and interesting move. The Nayru's Love is a slight spammer and the Faroe's Wind was the highest jump in the game. I don't know Lucas's moves (Dang Nintendo won't put his game in America!) But I do know Ness', and his seems quite similar. So, if I may say, Zelda wins this one.

Originality- Lucas

One word: Snakewhip.

Nintendocity- Zelda

Well, it's the Legend of Zelda, for cryin' out loud! It don't get more Nintendo than that.

Recency- Zelda

Zelda was in Twilight Princess, which has come out more recenly than MOTHER 3 (Nintendo, how dare you not bring it here!)

Persona- Zelda

Zelda has been in many a game-, some were quite good, while CD-i games were lame. But through and through there's been one thing the same: She's been a complex character from the very first game. Meanwhile Ness, though I never got the chance to play- he, like most heroes never would say- exactly what he meant in words, instead verbalizing with the clash of swords (Or rather, seeing as he never had that, would fight using a yo-yo or bat) So I think in this final round, that Zelda, yes Zelda wins this showdown.
:suess:

And the total is:

Zelda: 4
Lucas: 1

If anyone disagrees, by all means, educate me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Snake Whip could be an item for all we know...

...He could just end up a Ness clone

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, I got the 5000th post?!? I wish I'd realised sooner, then I could have made it more dramatic...

And personally, that kick of Lucas' (you know, the one that looks similar to Zelda's) looks very similar to one of Ness' old Melee aerials, his BAir if I remember correctly. If you ask me, that's yet more evidence he may be Ness' replacement...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Hopefully.
Hopefully indeed. Listen, I want Ness in. Period. Getting him replaced with someone exactly like him makes absolutely no sense in wastes energy reprogramming a new skin to go along with old moves when you can simply update the old skin. This whole Lucas replacing Ness thing is insane. First off, if I may quote:

Sakurai said:
While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!
Emphasis mine. Notice how he says 'is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!' This can be taken in two diffrent ways: One, Ness and Lucas will be battling, or Lucas has replaced Ness. I'm looking to the former. Look at the facts:

• Earthbound has had only one rep for a long time, Lucas might be a good partner for Ness to represent the franchise.
  • Ness is in the original twelve. The guys who started it all. I think that Sakurai respects that much, seeing as he kept Jigglypuff all this time.
  • Again, why replace a character with one exactly like him? It makes no sense. If you're going to keep the moves of Ness and slap them on Lucas, why not just make him a Ness clone and keep Ness? (Like Lukey said above.)

'Nuff said.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I forgot how that Rope Snake works again, can someone reinform me? Knowing what it does can help determine if it's an item or not..

Shuma

Smash Hero
Didn't Sakurai say not all of the original would come back? if so, Lucas can replace ness and leave the spot open for Claus.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Didn't Sakurai say not all of the original would come back? if so, Lucas can replace ness and leave the spot open for Claus.
No, Sakurai said that not all are coming back, and seeing that he kept Ice Climbers then I think he won't prune off any good characters, let alone the original 12. My guess is that he's only going to axe the unnessecary characters, like Dr. Mario and Pichu. The others, as I am pretty sure, are safe.

Why Claus? I mean seriously, if you're going to have two Earthbound characters, shouldn't they be Ness and Lucas? I mean, that's just common sense. Lucas seems to be diffrent enough from Ness to just be a clone, meaning that Ness will be in and Lucas will be an altered copy of him.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because Ness and Lucas basically have the same moves...and since Mother 3 already has another character and stage...Claus would be an awesome choice for a mother villain character...

...and he's awesome as hell

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Too bad Classic Megaman is better
They're probaly going to use an anaglamation of X and the Classic Megaman and not go with a set type. Although the Classic look will probably be used, just for the iconic factor.

To all said about Claus: Clause may be cool, but seriously, look at it from a marketing standpoint. You've "replaced" (Notice the quotation marks) Ness with Lucas and then add another Earthbound character? It would be much easier if they just had Lucas be a Ness clone and have Ness come back. It's that simple, I mean, why kack off one of the original twelve just to replace him with someone exacly like him, and then, to add insult to injury, add another character that isn't Ness. What an ouch to Ness fans. Listen, none of the original twelve have never been kicked off, and chances are that they never will, why? Because they are the founding fathers of the game, why kick them off, it will only offend.

'Nuff said.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Oh, did you hear Sakurai made an annoucement saying he is getting rid of clone characters? Oh yes so easy, and all the clues point towards Claus, with all the releasing of Mother 3 material, he's more original, and for you who haven't played Mother 3, he's made an emotional impact on me personally Ness could never.

And for your information it's not another "Earthbound" character. If you didn't know Earthbound is different then the Mother series. I hope they do add Ness, but after Claus.

Claus>Ness

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Oh, did you hear Sakurai made an annoucement saying he is getting rid of clone characters? Oh yes so easy, and all the clues point towards Claus, with all the releasing of Mother 3 material, he's more original, and for you who haven't played Mother 3, he's made an emotional impact on me personally Ness could never.

And for your information it's not another "Earthbound" character. If you didn't know Earthbound is different then the Mother series. I hope they do add Ness, but after Claus.

Claus>Ness
This is a prime example of ignorance in it's prime. Sakurai never made such an announcement and if you're going to "quote" what he said, you'd better have the evidence to back it up.

And even so, don't you think that all the MOTHER 3 stuff was pointing to Lucas? I think that Lucas would be enough representation for that prticular game, and Ness isn't going anywhere, no matter what symbol you place between their names (Seriously, the <> thing is so childish, no character is any better than another).

The last line is quite clearly an example of ignorance, as Tom has already pointed out, and I personally don't care what kind of emotional impact Claus made on you or how you feel it was stronger than all of the emotional trials and tribulations Ness went through in his game, it doesn't increase his chances one bit.

Ridley FTB!!! said:
why do people want ness to return do people even play as him.if so responed if not then ignore.
Again, the ignorance. Of course people play as Ness, why do you think he's on the character select screen? Listen, he's not like my main, but he is a good character (alibeit nerfed in Melee) and was in the original 12, and thusly deserves to stay around for the entire Smash series, for the rest of the saga.

'Nuff said.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Since everything that has to do with Mother in Brawl so far is about Mother 3, then it looks like there might be only Mother 3 characters. But anything can happen in the end though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Its time to revise your list again Wiseguy!! Marth's chances have risen dramatically!

Fire Emblem 1 is being remade for the DS. With a possible worldwide release!

The "face of Fire Emblem" is back! This time, looking less girly!
Seriously, MArth has double the chances of the Black Knight. He is the star of two games (the complete game, not 1 and 1/3rd another), and the star of a 3rd GAME! He was #1 on Sakurai's Melee poll with more votes then Dedede had. He's had his own show centering around him in Japan, and has his character model revamped. He now has light blue hair, and lighter clothes, while Ike has darker. He's more popular than Ike by a good margin in Japan, definitely. Otherwise Ike would have scored higher on Sakurai's Brawl poll then Marth on Sakurai's Melee poll.

And Wiseguy, again I say increase your character roster challenge to 42 or 43 characters, with the delay. Since clones could be gone, I think that we should expect abigger roster. Heck, the President of Nintendo stated part of the delay reason was to support abigger (playable) roster. I think now is the perfect time to increase the number. Now for more complaints...after this. ;)

Anyone who says Ridley should be just Boss should be hanged.

That is all.
^ YOU WIN the Noble Peace Prize *robs Al Gore and hands it to PrettyGoodYear*. Congradulations, you saved the enviornment RIDLEY! :chuckle:

Now for my complain list of Wiseguy's character predictions:

1.Mario series: I agree. No complaints. Both would be best, but I'm not willing to bet on it.

2.DK series: Same.

3.the Legend of Zelda series: Wind Waker Link is higher prioriety over Shiek and Minda, COMBINED! He's all but confirmed to replace/upgrade Young Link. It comes down to Shiek vs. Minda IMO. Or, we could havE BOTH!

4.Metroid: Nothing much, other then Dark Samus could happen, but I really have my doubts now.

5.Kirby: Anyone with complaints is crazy.

6.Star Fox: Wolf should be off the list, as Falco is higher prioriety. However, you could have both, with the 42 or 43 character roster thing. ;)

7.Pokémon: With the delay, the PT is a single character IMO> Plus Lucario is probably the most desired 1st/2nd party character, behind only Ridley, and competitng with Krystal. Also, Ridley is the most desired character for Brawl from wat I can tell, with Megaman trailing him. Well, from my SWF observations at least. ;)

8.Fire Emblem: No Marth=failure. You'll be wrong on that, I CAN GUARENTEE IT! Miciah has no chance really, and the BK has a chance, but lacks prioriety next to Marth. The main hero of 3 Fire Emblem games > The Villian of 1 1/2 Fire Emblem games. Marth is 4 times as important, and 10 times as popular. Almost everyone wants him back, and nerfed. Though he shouldn't be nerfed, seeing as how everyone looks like a top tier character now! :)

You also listed Roy as "Not Impossible". He is actually Probable, definitely. Seeing as how Sakurai isn't willing to dump characters that fast, Roy could very well stay. Plus, he could be a original character as well.

9.EarthBound/Mother: Ness still has a chance, seeing as how Lucas looks original. And we all know Sakurai loves originality. ;)

10.F-Zero: I agree, though I wish we got another F-Zero character! We should get like 3 in SSB4 (if there is one), definitely. Make up for Sakurai's retartedness. :(

10.Other Nintendo characters: Animal Crossing human...why not Miis=??? That dumb deconfirming thing is stupid, and if you believe that, you might as well believe that old Wind Waker Link, Ridley, and Bowser Jr. are confirmed in Brawl rumor. Simply put, Miis are the same thing, but with more upgradability, no stupid hats, and are much better. They have like 3 channels on the Wii dedicated to them, too. They're uber popular as well. Also, in Mario and Sonic at the Olypmics THEY ARE PLAYABLE! Why not Brawl=???

11.3rd Party characters: Megaman WILL BE IN BRAWL. We won't get any less than 1 more 3rd party character, I can guarentee you that. We have the most reconizable and popular (icon) 3rd party character in Sonic, so we need the 2nd most reconizable and popular (icon) in Megaman. Snake is somewhere near 3rd, fighting with Cloud, who obviously has no chance in heck. Add in that mysterious post saying "Prepare yourself" by Capcom the day after Sonic was confirmed on THEIR OFFICAL WEBSITE, and suspisious eyebrows get raised. I wouldn't be doubting Megaman if I were you. Almost everyone wants him, and he's the only real 3rd party character ICON LEFT! (Cloud is not a icon, since he only starred one game) :)

So ya, but other then that this is your best list yet Wiseguy. 9.2/10 Good reasonings, but some questionable missing charactesr, mainly Lucario. And somewat Megaman.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
8.Fire Emblem: No Marth=failure. You'll be wrong on that, I CAN GUARENTEE IT! Miciah has no chance really, and the BK has a chance, but lacks prioriety next to Marth. The main hero of 3 Fire Emblem games > The Villian of 1 1/2 Fire Emblem games. Marth is 4 times as important, and 10 times as popular. Almost everyone wants him back, and nerfed. Though he shouldn't be nerfed, seeing as how everyone looks like a top tier character now! :)
I have to ask; do you have any knowledge of Fire Emblem. If you think the Black Knight has a better chance than Miaciah then you are a fool. No only would Micaiah bring a refreshing light magic style to the barren sword fighting Fire Emblem roaster, she would old serve to promote sales of her world-wide game The Radiant Dawn. Unlike Roy Micaiah already has a fanbase in Japan so that would serve as testing grounds as to how well recived she is outside of Japan soil.

Marth, Ike and Micaiah is the perfect Fire Emblem roaster in my eyes. Her chances are very good. If for some instance she is not included I will be content with Ike as he is my favorite lord after Micaicah and Lyndis.

-Knight

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
11.3rd Party characters: Megaman WILL BE IN BRAWL. We won't get any less than 1 more 3rd party character, I can guarentee you that. We have the most reconizable and popular (icon) 3rd party character in Sonic, so we need the 2nd most reconizable and popular (icon) in Megaman. Snake is somewhere near 3rd, fighting with Cloud, who obviously has no chance in heck. Add in that mysterious post saying "Prepare yourself" by Capcom the day after Sonic was confirmed on THEIR OFFICAL WEBSITE, and suspisious eyebrows get raised. I wouldn't be doubting Megaman if I were you. Almost everyone wants him, and he's the only real 3rd party character ICON LEFT! (Cloud is not a icon, since he only starred one game) :)
I wouldn't call Mega Man the only 3rd party icon left if I were you...*points at his name*...

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
God, Sakurai is random. There is NO pattern. Good thing I stopped predicting updates ages ago. It never works.
7.Pokémon: With the delay, the PT is a single character IMO> Plus Lucario is probably the most desired 1st/2nd party character, behind only Ridley, and competitng with Krystal. Also, Ridley is the most desired character for Brawl from wat I can tell, with Megaman trailing him. Well, from my SWF observations at least.
Qft.
Now that Sonic, Lucas, Diddy, and Ike have all been confirmed, these are the MOST WANTED NEWCOMERS (that have a good shot):
Ridley
King Dedede (won Sakurai's poll handily, is almost never missing from anyone's Brawl roster, so nobody talks about him much, but he's still HUGE.)
Megaman
Captain Olimar
Lucario
Krystal

All of them are sure bets, except Megaman, and maybe Lucario.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
You know, I'm really, really starting to believe this thing is going to be bigger than 40 characters (at least if we're couting characters by the agreed "each original moveset is a character"/"development time" way).
Why? Lucas looks original. So we need to make room for Ness to stay.
I can't quite imagine Nintendo blowing their last glob of glorious 3rd-party news with Sonic 4 months before the game comes out. I think they're going all out, and Megaman is very possibly in as well, especially as something to throw out there closer to release date.
I feel that my roster list is, for the most part, necessary/"shoe-ins". Sure- maybe Isaac and Olimar could be removed to make way for Ness and Megaman, but they seem essential as well.

I think if we're talking 40 characters (because Sakurai has stated in interview that's how many he'd like to have), we should abandon the development time rule.
Otherwise, lists that don't exceed are likely to not be expansive enough.

Top Bottom