• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Sounds like he has some potetnial. But, in Mother were to get 2 reps I think F-Zero would have to get two as well. And who is there other than that accused Black Shadow?
The only ones I can think of is either Blood Falcon or Rick Wheeler (who's really turned from an anime character to an official Nintendo character, kinda like with Strider Hiryu and Capcom).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only ones I can think of is either Blood Falcon or Rick Wheeler (who's really turned from an anime character to an official Nintendo character, kinda like with Strider Hiryu and Capcom).
Blood Falcon should be nothing more than an alternate costume for Captain Falcon...He IS a literal clone of him

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Blood Falcon should be nothing more than an alternate costume for Captain Falcon...He IS a literal clone of him
I know that quite well, just suggesting an important character in F-Zero other than Black Shadow.

But if he WAS in, I don't think he'd be too much of a clone of Captain Falcon. Yeah, he IS a clone in the storyline, but he's also a more power based one, which is shown in the machine he pilots in races. I could see him adopting Ganondorf's old moveset with some major tweaks.

Still don't want him in, though.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Concerning Animal Crossing, the series already has more representation in SSBB than FE did in SSBM. It being a rather popular series, would you rather it have just one object of representation if it meant no character? Is it really that bad to have only more than most of the other Nintendo series represented in the game instead of more than everything else+1?

It's the same thing with the Mario series. It's probably going to have more characters than any other series (or at least tie for it) but is that such a stab in the back compared to more+1 or 2? Ya, they had a certain number in the last game but they brought back character specific entrances so maybe they weren't happy with all of their decisions.

Concerning the Pokemon Trainer, yes, he is three characters in the sense that it's three movesets to animate but the stamina system seems to force you to switch between and use all of them instead of sticking to one. So, while hitting A will do something different depending on how many times you've hit down+B in the match, the stamina system will probably restrict you from saying that you main any on of the Pokemon over the others. So...it is three characters but probably in a much less of a sense than that Zelda and Sheik are two characters (and maybe even that of Samus and ZSS).

...For the forty moveset challenge it should be three characters 'cause the whole thing about it being forty is because of time estimates and for the series and actually playing them it should be one since they're a interdependent set under the command on one person. And it's my guess it'll only be the Pokemon Trainer on the victory screen maybe with all or whatever Pokemon he had out less...though I don't consider this much of a factor. <_<

(Woot for for firmware update giving keyboard support. <_<)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The characters being restricted to a certain number isn't ONLY about time constraints...it's also about balance and a lot more other reasons...

Shuma

Smash Hero
IF there's someone as important as Black Shadow is deathborn, not Blood falcon.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The characters being restricted to a certain number isn't ONLY about time constraints...it's also about balance and a lot more other reasons...
Ya, the more characters there are, the more time they'd need to spend trying to balance them.

Then there's the whole "they added this many last time so they'll add that many this time" noise that only works because of the fact that the development time seems/seemed pretty close to that of the last game.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
I'm very, very glad that you (WiseGuy) or somebody else has acknowledged Simon Belmont as a possible 3rd party character. I'm a huge, huge, huge Castlevania fan and I just get all tingly when I think of the Chronicles Simon duking it out in Brawl with his awesome theme (Theme of Simon) playing. I just hope that your prediction is true and Simon is in the game, or else I will kill Sakurai and myself!

............Ok I was kidding in the last part, but still, I think Simon DESERVES to join the awesome Brawl roster, making this nearly perfect game 100% perfect.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But the thing is that there is 1 other that deserves it more than him... MEGA MAN!!

Now if Snake wasn't in the game then Simon would defiantly have a chance but sadly there likely isn't going to be 4 third party characters and adding 2 Konami ones would not go down well for Nintendo's relationship with Sega and Capcom...

O yhea i cant wait for the next Golden sun game.... sadly they haven't even started making it yet : (

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
But the thing is that there is 1 other that deserves it more than him... MEGA MAN!!

Now if Snake wasn't in the game then Simon would defiantly have a chance but sadly there likely isn't going to be 4 third party characters and adding 2 Konami ones would not go down well for Nintendo's relationship with Sega and Capcom...

O yhea i cant wait for the next Golden sun game.... sadly they haven't even started making it yet : (
Again, this is a total opening for the whole Bomber v. Megaman debate. I've provided all of the information I've got to say in this debate, but apparently no Bomberman fans have come out of hiding.

Yeah, it's a sad fact, but we're most likely only getting one more third party rep. Who's it gonna be?

As grammatically incorrect as that last part is, I totally agree.

Conker1

Smash Ace
1) Yeeeaaahhh... I can see how AC characters wouldn't be as prone to violence as, oh say, Mr. Game & Watch. I mean we wouldn't want to compromise the believability of a game like Smash Bros.

2) Like Falcon Master pointed out, the Franklin badge foretold the arrival of Lucas. Checkmate.

3) You can think what you like, but saying that it's "likely" sounds like an overstatement. I've yet to hear a good reason for why an AC villager couldn't be playable.
1)Fine, whatever. Fact is, AC characters are mostly pacifists, G&W never had a personality to begin with.
2)The Franklin Badge meant nothing, Earthbound/Mother has already appeared in the Smash series and was already likely to reappear in some form. The Animal Crossing series was never in Smash until Smashville was shown.
3)I just really think that Smashville is a better representative for AC than a character. It's the best way to represent it.

Also Bomberman>>>>>Megaman
Also also, thinking Black Knight or Michahahaia has a better chance than Marth is odd. But you've been wrong so many times before, I'm glad you left Marth off, it means he'll definately be back.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Bomber man > Mega man?

And i thought that post couldn't get any more ******** until this "Michahahaia".

Seriously what on Earth could make you think that Bomber man is better than Mega man? apart from total ignorance to the Mega man franchise and extreme fan-boyism of the Bomber man franchise.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
1)Fine, whatever. Fact is, AC characters are mostly pacifists, G&W never had a personality to begin with.
2)The Franklin Badge meant nothing, Earthbound/Mother has already appeared in the Smash series and was already likely to reappear in some form. The Animal Crossing series was never in Smash until Smashville was shown.
3)I just really think that Smashville is a better representative for AC than a character. It's the best way to represent it.

Also Bomberman>>>>>Megaman
Also also, thinking Black Knight or Michahahaia has a better chance than Marth is odd. But you've been wrong so many times before, I'm glad you left Marth off, it means he'll definately be back.
1) I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to put Ac in Smash. The Smash series has become more than just a fighting game, it's became a who's who of who's in the best game, weather or not they've brandished a weapon before in their life.

2) I'm thinking that Ness isn't going anywhere, see below.

3)Well, maybe you're right, maybe that's just the stuff that comes with the PC turf, we'll just have to wait.

Really? Bomberman is greater than greater than greater than greater than greater than Megaman? I'm sorry, but if that isn't a huge overstatement, I don't know what is. Megaman has a lazer cannon, plasma sword, about a bijillion diffrent powers, half of which have no relation to robots whatsoever while Bomberman has a bijillion diffrent bombs. I think their pretty equal.

Here's where number two comes in: I seriously doubt that they'll take off the only person in a category and replace them. Same goes for FE characters. Why would they have Marth and Roy and then take them out and replace them for the next game? It makes no sense! Same goes for Ness, why get rid of the only character in the Earthbound category just to replace him?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hell yeah, Geno & Megaman for Brawl!
^ WIN.

Face it, Bomberman isn't that cool. Megaman has outsold Bomberman three fold. Bomberman hasn't even sold 10 million units, and is a class D character, and series. The classic (and X) Megaman series (Megaman) is both class AAA. Therefore, Megaman is the next logical choice. As for Geno, he's the dark horse character for Brawl. Starts and small, BOOMS with popularity, and the next thing you know he's confirmed.

I saw another Fire Emblem for DS pic that had Marth and Sheeda together on it.
Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of before.
Sheeda as a potential Marth clone?

Marth is as likely to return as Captain Falcon. I said it.

Certainly not in place of him, but could be a good last-minute character addition.
And easier to do than Micaiah...
Awesome! Smashboards is up and running!

By the way, this video put a smile on my face:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_2159361.html

Not only are Ike's standard attack EXTREMELY similiar is a certain other lord I could mention (hint: tiara), but the colour scheme on that alternate costume looks pretty... familiar.

What does this mean? Maybe nothing.

Or maybe...

just maybe...

I was right. *smug satisfaction*
YA...right. He looks more like Link. his nAir is original, his uB is original, his dAir is original, his nB is original, his uB is original. He's going to be original. His land A moveset is very similar to Link's, though it's definitely not as clone moveseet (or anywhere near it). It's definitely not very much like Marth, especially with the attack's effects and all.

Face it, Marth's all but confirmed. In fact, I'll bet he's in the game. I'll BET IT! He's going to be in Brawl. End of story. Roy is a diffrent story. Having Miciah on your list was wrong enough, but Black Knight over Marth=??? Ya right...BK has a chance, but Marth is the top pririety. Marth WILL BE IN BRAWL. He's as safe to assume as King Dedede. Ike's moveset is way diffrent from Marth's.

Seriously, Sakurai cares more about his little island then the rest of the world when it comes to smash. He added three total Japan-only characters (though Marth will soon make it two, with his new game...it's two currently if you count Roy's cameo appearance in the first worldwide FE game), and NO WESTERN-ONLY CHAREACTERS. Well...unless you consider Diddy Kong that. Prioritey is Marth over Black Knight, any other FE character, any Star Fox character outside of Fox, any Kirby character, and any other character in anything other then a flag ship Nintendo series. (The big 5) He's going to be in Brawl, PERIOD.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ugh, why does everyone feel that Geno's getting in Brawl? His chances are slim to none. Like I have said: Even Banjo has as good a chance of getting in as Geno. Let's face it.

He's third party. Nintendo would have to go to Square and fork over some major dough. I mean, it's Square and wether they've made games for Nintendo or not their loyalty lies with the guys who give them the most money. It'd actually be easier to get Megaman or Bomberman then to try and coax Geno out of Square (and Sony's) claws.

He's retro and a secondary character who's only been in one game. Why would Nintendo shell out the big bucks that only a small fraction of people will recognise? If you see the sillouhette of Megaman or Bomberman anyone can recognise them, Geno, not so much. Geno is a has been. He had his minute in Nintendo's limelight and it goes to a worthier canidate, like Megaman or Bomberman. Heck, Pac-man has better chances then him, at least Pac-Man's recognisable. If you go out and ask someone randomly outside, heck ask some teenaged boy who's holding his DS if you want an advantage. First ask him: Who's Megaman? Duh! He'll answer perfectly, maybe even give a little back story. Now ask him who Geno is. Chances are he'll come up with a blank, why? Because he's less known then Tingle, that's why! He's only been in one game, and yet you feel he's worthy of Brawl? I think that the spot should go to someone who actually deserves it, like someone who has his own game

'Nuff said.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace

yeah sega and kunami(sp) got their reps
we need capcom and some other huge company to come in...

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ugh, why does everyone feel that Geno's getting in Brawl? His chances are slim to none. Like I have said: Even Banjo has as good a chance of getting in as Geno. Let's face it.

He's third party. Nintendo would have to go to Square and fork over some major dough. I mean, it's Square and wether they've made games for Nintendo or not their loyalty lies with the guys who give them the most money. It'd actually be easier to get Megaman or Bomberman then to try and coax Geno out of Square (and Sony's) claws.

He's retro and a secondary character who's only been in one game. Why would Nintendo shell out the big bucks that only a small fraction of people will recognise? If you see the sillouhette of Megaman or Bomberman anyone can recognise them, Geno, not so much. Geno is a has been. He had his minute in Nintendo's limelight and it goes to a worthier canidate, like Megaman or Bomberman. Heck, Pac-man has better chances then him, at least Pac-Man's recognisable. If you go out and ask someone randomly outside, heck ask some teenaged boy who's holding his DS if you want an advantage. First ask him: Who's Megaman? Duh! He'll answer perfectly, maybe even give a little back story. Now ask him who Geno is. Chances are he'll come up with a blank, why? Because he's less known then Tingle, that's why! He's only been in one game, and yet you feel he's worthy of Brawl? I think that the spot should go to someone who actually deserves it, like someone who has his own game

'Nuff said.
That's a pretty good point there.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Some of your opinions are good, but some are not at all. You honestly think they'll keep Jigglypuff and take out others from Melee like Marth? No way.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We don't know her chances. We do, however, know that Sakurai doesn't value the original 12 as much as us, seeing as he wanted to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee, he very well could have done so in Brawl. (though I hope not.)

hojiky

Smash Cadet

'Nuff said.
Okay this argument is officially: ********, stupid, lame, and unsupported. Why? Most people had never heard of (1) Ice Climbers, (2) Game & Watch, (3) or Marth and Roy. They were in Melee. Many people had never heard of (1) Ness, (2) c. falcon until they were in the original smash brothers. Most people had never heard about (1) Pit and to a lesser extent (2) Lucas. They're in Brawl. Didn't we already establish that sakurai likes retro/unknown characters?

It doesn't matter if the character isn't recognizable by every random kid on the street. All that matters is: Does sakurai think that they'd be a cool character. Personally, having only played a small portion of Super Mario RPG, I have no idea if Geno or Mallow would be a good character, but the fact that they're not recognizable is a stupid reason for arguing against them.

Bastante dicho.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Okay this argument is officially: ********, stupid, lame, and unsupported. Why? Most people had never heard of (1) Ice Climbers, (2) Game & Watch, (3) or Marth and Roy. They were in Melee. Many people had never heard of (1) Ness, (2) c. falcon until they were in the original smash brothers. Most people had never heard about (1) Pit and to a lesser extent (2) Lucas. They're in Brawl. Didn't we already establish that sakurai likes retro/unknown characters?

It doesn't matter if the character isn't recognizable by every random kid on the street. All that matters is: Does sakurai think that they'd be a cool character. Personally, having only played a small portion of Super Mario RPG, I have no idea if Geno or Mallow would be a good character, but the fact that they're not recognizable is a stupid reason for arguing against them.

Bastante dicho.
If I'm not mistaken, most if not all those characters you mentioned were retro. The others you mentioned were popular/recognizeable in Japan.

hojiky

Smash Cadet
If I'm not mistaken, most if not all those characters you mentioned were retro. The others you mentioned were popular/recognizeable in Japan.
Geno is retro and all characters/games are popular somewhere. Japan is definitely a huge somewhere, but I just don't believe the "i don't know who they are so don't put them in brawl" argument.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

'Nuff said.
In that case, Tingle should be over Geno??

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Whoah, woah, woah. You may like Geno, but ********? Personally I think I took in all the factors and thought on a higher level than petty insults. Now, a response:

He likes retro characters, yes, but retro characters are a select few. Did you notice that all of the retro characters were popular heads of franchises, or in lamens terms (to simplify things for you) had their own games.

That and the fact that why would Nintendo shell out money for characters that few people knew? Sure he likes retro characters, but with third party characters he has to pay through the nose to get it, all of the other retro characters were Nintendo owned (simplified: they cost nothing).

You're not getting it do you? Those random people on the street are the majority of customers. Less appeal to the customers means a wasted spot for Nintendo. It doesn't matter if Sakurai eats, sleeps, and breaths Geno. Money is the number one thing when making a game. Sakurai's opinion comes second, but money always comes first. Such a financial blunder is most likely not to happen.

Bastante dicho.
I too speak Spanish, and a poser is a poser no matter what language they speak. You sir, cannot be a 'Nuff saider simply due to your ignorance of the fact. The fact that you know how to use Google Translator does not make you any less of a 'copy-cat'.

'Nuff said.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I would fully support Geno IF he wasn't a 3rd party character. It seems silly to waste a guest spot on someone who's part of the Mario series.

That being said, PHOENIX WRIGHT FOR BRAWL

hojiky

Smash Cadet
Whoah, woah, woah. You may like Geno, but ********?
The argument is ********, not you. And I said that I have no idea if Geno would be a good character. Couldn't care less one way or the other if he got in. I'm just sick of the same old argument.

He likes retro characters, yes, but retro characters are a select few.
Did you notice that all of the retro characters were popular heads of franchises, or in lamens terms (to simplify things for you) had their own games.
Okay I get it. "********" = technical foul. I'm just sick of the same argument repeated over and over. And the fact that retro characters are few is much of the reason that they're there in the first place. Mini surprises.

You're not getting it do you? Those random people on the street are the majority of customers. Less appeal to the customers means a wasted spot for Nintendo.
Didn't stop them before. Plus, a new popularity surge for the retro characters means more reasons for Nintendo to make new games based on old characters. I wouldn't call it a wasted spot at all.

It doesn't matter if Sakurai eats, sleeps, and breaths Geno. Money is the number one thing when making a game. Sakurai's opinion comes second, but money always comes first. Such a financial blunder is most likely not to happen.
Having re-read your original post, I'll concede half of your point. Megaman >> Geno. I just really don't like the "not recognizable" argument.

I too speak Spanish, and a poser is a poser no matter what language they speak. You sir, cannot be a 'Nuff saider simply due to your ignorance of the fact. The fact that you know how to use Google Translator does not make you any less of a 'copy-cat'.
One needs only one year of high school Spanish to be able to say "enough said." Google has a translator? Nifty.

Assez dit.
Genug hat gesagt.
Abbastanza detto.
Достаточно сказанный.
十分なものは言いました。
足夠說。

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
The argument is ********, not you. And I said that I have no idea if Geno would be a good character. Couldn't care less one way or the other if he got in. I'm just sick of the same old argument.

Yeah, the retro is only part of it. If he was only retro and was owned by Nintendo I'd say go for it, but he's not.

Okay I get it. "********" = technical foul. I'm just sick of the same argument repeated over and over. And the fact that retro characters are few is much of the reason that they're there in the first place. Mini surprises.
I know retro is good, but retro and third party is too much.

Didn't stop them before. Plus, a new popularity surge for the retro characters means more reasons for Nintendo to make new games based on old characters. I wouldn't call it a wasted spot at all.
Well it's more the fact that, yet being a third party and retro makes him near impossible.

Having re-read your original post, I'll concede half of your point. Megaman >> Geno. I just really don't like the "not recognizable" argument.

One needs only one year of high school Spanish to be able to say "enough said." Google has a translator? Nifty.

Assez dit.
Genug hat gesagt.
Abbastanza detto.
Достаточно сказанный.
十分なものは言いました。
足夠說。
Nice.

'Nuff said.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Retro characters will only be emphisized from Nintendos history. Unfortunately 3rd Parties are not Nintendo. They won't bring Earthworm Jim into Brawl just because he's retro from an important Sega game. They'll bring in someone who appeals to everyone, (Sonic) from the gamers in the Sega vs Nin wars to now. A Char that's still EVERYWHERE! Snake is an exeption to the everywhere statement as he was freinded in so to speak. But he is retro and popular and appealing on all fronts. Like a Megaman would be. Yet MM is everywhere as Sonic is. This concept works not only for characters within companies but also companies within an industry.

This is just a tid bit that applies to the topic, everything else is true too from above.

For the record, extra 3 months = extra 3P in ssbb *crosses fingers dreaming*

MM and BM for Brawl

PS Spanish, ****, I can't follow. Portugese is like someone PK Flashed spanish in a Mach Tornado while Flutter Kick Dair Spiked it.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Now, I hate to crack up this can of worms, but... Megaman or Bomberman? Who will win the coveted third third party spot?

Now I know that Megaman has enough gadgets to put Samus' Power Suit look like a giant tin can, but Bomberman already has some cross over with Nintendo and probably be easy to program. Who will win?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Hydde´s Prediction

Well i dont wanna doa nother thread topost this thingy... but wanna know what you think about it!. I concur with some additions by wiseguy but ill add some of mine and take some of his!

1-Mario,
2-Luigi,
3-Peach,
4-Bowser,
5- Bowser Jr.

6-Link,
7-Zelda (sheik is at the end of the list...sorry)
8-Ganondorf,
9-windwaker Link
10- Midna/Wolf Link

11-Pikachu,
12-Jigglypuff,
13-Mewtwo,
14-Pokemon Trainer

15- Samus
16- Zero Suit Samus,
17-Ridley

18-Kirby,
19- METAknight,
20- King Dedede

21- Fox McCloud,
22-Krystal,
23- Falco

24- Donkey Kong,
25-Diddy Kong

26-Ike,
27-Miciaiah
28-Marth

29- Captain Falcon

30-Lucas,
31-Ness

32- Yoshi

33- Wario
34- Ashley

35- Pit,
36- Ice Climbers,
37-Mr. Game & Watch

38-Captain Olimar,
39-Tom nook or Villager

40-Snake,
41-Sonic

43-Isaac

44- Sheik

If i would need to take some out.. they would be Bowser Jr , windwaker , Ness and tom Nook---- making the list down to 40 players!

What do you think about it?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno is the main character of Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars. (hint: He's the reasoning behind the Seven Star part) I know, I actually PLAYED THE GAME. [end rant]

Top Bottom