• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
College Finder

New Jersey Colleges:

The College of New Jersey

C-Bomb
DGMavn
Woodman

Fairleigh Dickinson University (Florham)

JFox

Kean University

JBLAZE

Monmouth University

FireWater
JusDBerube

Montclair State University

FlipNRed

New Jersey Institute of Technology

Tec0

Ramapo College

Daytripper

Rider University

ChumpMoney

Rowan University

LOL_MASTER
Slikvik
Xeorogue

Rutgers University

New Brunswick / Piscataway

doyoung2win
Mog87
teh_spamerer
Zero_KoH
Legendary Hero
Eazy/Dudu
Cowtipper9487
Pieman0920

Rutgers Newark

L5LM_GTLink

Seton Hall University

DCScribZ

William Paterson University

Sneak
wavedasher(PpS KoRoBeNiKi)

Pennsylvania Colleges:

Carnegie Mellon University

DickChang
pockyD

Drexel University

Cactuar
GOTM
PacmanOnCrack
ElChibo
Spencer Ragen (Meph)

Shippensburg College

Reik
Umbreon Mow
The Cape

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LK hasn't entered a PA tournament since uh....a Levittown thing a year and a half ago? He's completely irrelavant to PA's smash scene, and will remain such since he's not going to go west to Pittsburgh or anything. He's an NJ player, and his home is NJ. He's getting his car soon, and he'll be competing in NJ actively.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
awesome college finder njstaff.

ne of you tcnj guys wanna get together and smash? i wont be around monday but i dont have plans for the rest of the week and our classes dont start until the fourth

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
LK will probably be at most Jersey Tournaments. Or at least as much as Cactuar and I go to. But rules are rules.

We in Pa are going to put Reik and LK are our list in the coming months.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Last I checked, I was still in charge of NJ's list, not JFox or anyone else.................

I see no reason to put LK on PA's list if he's completely irrelevant to PA. Given a chance to go an NJ tourny or a PA tourny, he'd pick the NJ tourny, and he's going to actively compete in NJ and is in an NJ based crew. Going to college in PA =/= resident of PA.

ChumpMoney, I'm free during that day on Wednesday, and I think teh_spamerer can come over.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Last I checked, I was still in charge of NJ's list, not JFox or anyone else.................

I see no reason to put LK on PA's list if he's completely irrelevant to PA. Given a chance to go an NJ tourny or a PA tourny, he'd pick the NJ tourny, and he's going to actively compete in NJ and is in an NJ based crew. Going to college in PA =/= resident of PA.

ChumpMoney, I'm free during that day on Wednesday, and I think teh_spamerer can come over.
Spending 9 outta 12 months in a state usually constitutes a residency. Also, I'd rather go to an NJ tournament and I actively compete in NJ an and am a member of a NJ-based crew. So I guess I should be considered an NJ smasher too.

Eggm

Smash Hero
You should simply be ranked where you play, like velocity makes the effort go to each and every PA tourny on purpose cause he wants to be ranked in PA and stuff, I don't really care anyway tho lol, makes it easier for me to get the # 2 spot. :)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think NJ/PA's best would have a very good shot against MD/VA's best. M2K > All. Cactuar Dr. Eggman Sensei Reik Mow and LK aren't too shabby either

JFox

Smash Hero
Uhh, last I checked Inui, I have just as much say about the rankings as you do. And for the communities information, I have been pulling all of the weight around here. I have been archiving any and all tournaments that NJ players are involved in while you fell way behind to doing your part. AND I made the rules, which you and everyone else agreed to, until you realized that one of them was inconvient for your crew member. Its inconvient for my crew member too, but I'm not being a little girl about it. You are acting totally biased and trying to force change simply so that I can make an exception for your benefit.

Please Inui, propose a rule that would allow LK to stay with the NJ list. Be very clear and concise with this rule, just as I have with my own. I'd be happy to shoot it down for you will plenty of past examples of inconsistencies.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Do we really need concrete rules if everyone agrees on an exception? I mean if no one is going to complain in our community who cares? Who else besides us looks at it lol, Anyways we should seriously fuse the NJ/PA rankings that would be an awesome list to try and work our way up as a community, we could also compete for best region that way with md/va. xDD

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Do we really need concrete rules if everyone agrees on an exception? I mean if no one is going to complain in our community who cares? Who else besides us looks at it lol, Anyways we should seriously fuse the NJ/PA rankings that would be an awesome list to try and work our way up as a community, we could also compete for best region that way with md/va. xDD
That would be fair for pretty much everyone except For those in Central and Western PA. Those in shippensburg and Pittsburgh have their locals and for them to travel on a regular basis would involve upwards of 2 hours for ship and like 4 for pitt for our usual NJ tournaments.

For this to happen, we would need a few things. We would need a periodic tournament series in central PA. Somewhere like Lancaster or Harrisburg. We would need new interstate panelist, and the NJ guys may have to travel a little more than they are used to.

Eggm

Smash Hero
LOL @ pacman, and the things you mentioned don't seem entirely unreasonable, and we already have SORT of an idea where the pittsburg guys rank w/ us since they been playing w/ us all summer. xDD, oh and my eagles lost last night to pittsburg so i don't care about them. :(

We got mow's tourny too and if we had 1-2 more.. also velocity for interstate panelist sounds good.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Uhhhhh. I thought it was alreaady decided that where a person competes decides what list they are on.

So if Reik and LK compete in NJ and not PA then doesn't that justify what list they are on?

And wouldn't that make the most sense anyway?

But ummm ultimately. I don't think LK and Reik even give a ****.

And you know something else?

Neither do I.

*walks out of thread

w00tingspr33

Smash Rookie
update teh player finder! ^_^

Name: w00tingspr33
County: Somerset
City: Belle Mead (Montgomery)
Contact Info: AIM - w00tingspr33
Crew: None

edit: maybe i should've mentioned that my contact info is for AIM...

Scar

#HarveyDent
Eggm I think you might be on to something. It's a great idea ignoring the mechanics but Pakman makes good points. It's hard to unite us all like that without us actually being very united.

PA is a huge state, and it will be most difficult for Pittsburgh guys to go to NJ tourneys, and vice versa.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Uhhhhh. I thought it was alreaady decided that where a person competes decides what list they are on.

So if Reik and LK compete in NJ and not PA then doesn't that justify what list they are on?

And wouldn't that make the most sense anyway?

But ummm ultimately. I don't think LK and Reik even give a ****.

And you know something else?

Neither do I.

*walks out of thread
You sure cared enough about it to post about the issue, only to say you don't and "walk away." Don't care? Don't post.

</random Emblem Lord nitpick of the day>

Circuit Update. Check it out.

For the final event, only the top 15 singles players will be seeded into the bracket. During that same event, we'll be holding an Amateur Bracket where the winner will win the 16th slot of that bracket. The same applies for the top 7 teams, with an amateur bracket for that 8th spot.

And you heard it here. I'm adding $500 to the total pot. Now we're looking at money from the entry fees, the 10% cuts from the other events, and the bonus cash being added. Want to win that money and grab the NJ Circuit title? You better show up to these circuit events and get as many points as you can.

I'll post the point results from the last event later on.

Edit:

Inui, I was pretty sure I left JFox in charge of setting down the rules and managing the list. Who the heck called you in charge?

I agree with JFox. You don't change the rules at the last minute when you consented to them earlier. Maybe you should do better to actually think about what you're agreeing to.

Edit2 -

Point Standings

Current Point Standings:

Singles

Sensei - 51
Plank - 36
Lord Knight - 26
Chinesah - 21
Ryoko - 18
Sol - 18
Kaiser - 16
Vanz - 16
Reik - 14
phish-it - 14
Anden - 14
Eggm - 14
Emblem Lord - 10
Dot eater - 10
Inui - 10
Nintendude - 10
PockyD - 8
Grill - 8
TheNEWB - 8
Velocity - 8
HeartbreakKid - 8
Wesley - 8
LIBF - 8
Ky - 8
Doyoung2win - 4
Swfitbass - 4
Muse - 4
Atomsk - 4
Claws - 4
CWJAlex - 4
Copycat - 4
Max - 4
SO2 - 1
LRoy - 1
pikachunoob7 - 1
Bash - 1
Joe O'Brien - 1
Sneak - 1
Ame - 1
Pmac - 1
Keitaro - 1
Kira - 1
TKAI -1
ZeroK - 1
Athrun - 1

Teams

Reik - 46
Eggm - 46
Plank - 31
Chinesah - 31
Zero - 21
Blackanese - 21
Sensei - 16
Copycat - 16
Sol - 13
phish-it - 13
Keitaro - 13
HeartBreakKid - 13
Kaiser - 11
Anden - 11
Ky - 11
Nintendude - 11
Magus - 7
Inui - 7
Grill - 7
Vanz - 7
PockyD - 7
Wesley - 7
Lroy - 7
Muse - 7
Kira - 3
Athrun - 3
Swiftbass - 3
Emblem Lord - 3
Atomsk - 3
LIBF - 3
Ame - 3
SO2 - 3
Max - 1
Nexy - 1
Claws - 1
TKai - 1

If you have any questions, let me know.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
WoZ said:
You sure cared enough about it to post about the issue, only to say you don't and "walk away." Don't care? Don't post.
roflmao, I say stuff like that sometimes. uh ohz, I need to catch up in points. WoZ, did you add $500 to the prize pot of singles AND the prize pot of doubles or $250 to each? Also, who's in charge of keeping those 10% cuts from each circuit event pot?

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
It's going to be $250 into each event. I'm holding the 10% from the last event, while Cheezit is being trusted to get the 10% from his. This is also untouched from any sort of venue fee.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Whenever I post there seems to be this big fat ugly looking fly that buzzes around.

I have to wonder if this annoying creature has anything better to do then buzz around me?

Doesn't it have better things to do?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Uhh, last I checked Inui, I have just as much say about the rankings as you do. And for the communities information, I have been pulling all of the weight around here. I have been archiving any and all tournaments that NJ players are involved in while you fell way behind to doing your part. AND I made the rules, which you and everyone else agreed to, until you realized that one of them was inconvient for your crew member. Its inconvient for my crew member too, but I'm not being a little girl about it. You are acting totally biased and trying to force change simply so that I can make an exception for your benefit.

Please Inui, propose a rule that would allow LK to stay with the NJ list. Be very clear and concise with this rule, just as I have with my own. I'd be happy to shoot it down for you will plenty of past examples of inconsistencies.
No. I feel the same way about Reik, I just obviously feel more strongly when it comes to LK because he's probably my closest local friend. LK is completely irrelevant to PA's Smash scene, and PA's Smash scene is inactive in general. Ranking him as a PA Smasher because he goes to college in Eastern PA doesn't seem like the right thing to do if he's an active NJ Smasher. The same goes for Reik.

There doesn't need to be a rule. LK doesn't compete in PA. LK has always competed in NJ. He still actively competes in NJ. His home is in NJ. It makes perfect sense to rank him as an NJ player. The panelists should be able to think about things and make the right decisions without a bunch of rules.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
haha.

You can have that one since you more or less admit to being an insect.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
BTW Don't ever say you are attracted to me ever again. If you do then I gotta go get the can of Raid.

I could get a much sexier insect then you anyway WoZ.

No offense.

lol.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Superfly > Pile of garbage

Inui, we're not talking about how LK's been doing in the past. If he lives in PA and more than likely will play in PA, then he's going to be PA.

JFox

Smash Hero
No. I feel the same way about Reik, I just obviously feel more strongly when it comes to LK because he's probably my closest local friend. LK is completely irrelevant to PA's Smash scene, and PA's Smash scene is inactive in general. Ranking him as a PA Smasher because he goes to college in Eastern PA doesn't seem like the right thing to do if he's an active NJ Smasher. The same goes for Reik.

There doesn't need to be a rule. LK doesn't compete in PA. LK has always competed in NJ. He still actively competes in NJ. His home is in NJ. It makes perfect sense to rank him as an NJ player. The panelists should be able to think about things and make the right decisions without a bunch of rules.
Inui you are making far too many assumptions. LK is most likely not even going to be able to fit the criteria to be on the rankings at all, because he will be so busy with school. And arguing that he has and always will be an NJ player is senseless. Pretty soon he will be smashing with the PA players like Cactuar and Pakman, and many others. Its true, he might go to a few NJ tourneys, but its not likely that he will go to NJ exclusively.

Right now, both LK and Reik are considered NJ players and will be ranked on the NJ list. They have qualified, and have spent the majority of their time for this season in NJ actively competing. So why don't we just focus on ranking them for this season, and than we can worry about the next season in 3-4 months from now. We can see how their tournament activity is, and make a judgement call later.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

Inui Logic FTL.:laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Right now, both LK and Reik are considered NJ players and will be ranked on the NJ list. They have qualified, and have spent the majority of their time for this season in NJ actively competing. So why don't we just focus on ranking them for this season, and than we can worry about the next season in 3-4 months from now. We can see how their tournament activity is, and make a judgement call later.
Agreed. That sounds fine to me.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Why don't we just focus on ranking them for this season, and than we can worry about the next season in 3-4 months from now. We can see how their tournament activity is, and make a judgement call later.
Wow. Rational, thought out, and well articulated. You get a gold star.

JFox

Smash Hero
Sensei, I'm not sure if anyone's ever told you this... but those stars were so that ******** kids felt better about themselves. The more you had the more retared you were.

Lolz

Top Bottom