• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

drunkkunmonkey

Smash Cadet
add me to the player finder =]

Name: Kile Johnson
County: Atlantic count
City: Absecon
Contact Info: AIM- kilesabeast
College: ACCC
Additional Info- halo 2 (gt= finish h1m)
Crew: none

pockyD

Smash Legend
then make it a point not to live there (live across the border and commute daily lol) or just refuse to play with anyone that lives in PA period (like magus)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
~Possible updates to make~

Keitaro:
Crew - The Smash Affiliates
Other - My hair changes more than your sexuality

Mog87:
Crew - I.H.N.C

Teh Spamerer:
College - Rutgers New Brunswick

Whenever I find any other possible things to update I'll post um here. *trying to be helpful*

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Attention Smashers:

This tournament season for rankings will soon be over. September 22nd is the final day of tournaments eligible for this season's upcoming power ranking (one month from today). This means that between the 23rd and 26th, panelists will be discussing rankings for the new upcoming power ranking. September 27nd the official list will be released. The following weekends tournaments will then count for the following rankings list.

Rules for player eligibility:

1. All players must have at least 3 singles tournaments from this season (6/22-9/22) which they have entered in order to even be eligible for the list.

2. All players must have entered 2 in-state tournaments within the season in order to be eligible.

3. Players must be at least a part-time resident of NJ in order to be ranked as an NJ player. If you are a part-time resident, you must spend the majority of your time living in NJ. (For example, those who go to college in NJ but live out of state would be acceptable)

4. You cannot be on the NJ Power Ranking if you are ranked in any other state.

Rules for tournament eligibility:

1. The tournament must provide full results of its player's placings.

(expect rules to be added to this section after the current tournament season is over)

Eggm

Smash Hero
20$ mm? This can be at anytime in an NJ tourney.

Edit : I"m sure Sensei/ryoko would like one of those as well.

Edit : On top of that you beat LK too didn't you? Also, you beat me when i was yoshi one round at a 8 person RR that i didn't really care about AND i won the tourney.., and senesi's slightly better.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
OMG EL INSULTED ME!!!

MUST MM NAO!!!!

Rofl.

Relax dude. It's pretty much common knowledge that I think Reik and LK are above the rest in NJ overall, excluding M2K.

And I don't do MM's. I think they taint the spirit of the game.

Edit: Sensei and I are good friends. He won't flip just cause I said I can beat him in a videogame.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ok EL, your definitely right, lets see what happens on the NJ rankings list 9/27 when its released.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I would like to request to help make the next list if people are needed. I Have been runign my tourny/Biweekly for a good 3-4 months now and i have seen many matches there and results i beileve i would help alot with the new list.

JFox

Smash Hero
One of the in-state events should have been a circuit event, imo.
IMO the circuit idea seems extremely under-developed right now. Currently, your tournament is the only tournament that is a circuit tourney in NJ. Thats like saying "you must go to Smashacre to get on the list"

What other tournaments besides Smashacre are in the circuit? What deems a tournament "good enough" to be circuit? What is accomplised by being part of the circuit? How is the circuit helping the tournament community?

Perhaps when more tournaments become a part of the circuit, than it will be a requirement. It certainly won't be required for the upcoming list. But as I already stated, the circuit system is very under-developed and it wouldn't be fair to demand that of people.

Cheezit: I don't think you are able to be a panelist for the same reason that I wasn't- You can't have two people from the same crew (you and Inui) as panelists. Thats why Reik has to forfeit his position for me to become a panelist.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Cheezit's next event is currently the next circuit event that's going to be used.

I was also considering the South Jersey uplink tournaments, but they don't seem to be developed as of now. The only noteworthy tournaments in NJ are back and forth between Smashacre and Cheezit's once a month.

In this case, Cheezit's will be the September event and unless we can find a different location for October, it's back to Smashacre.

If you want other events to be used, I encourage you guys to make your own events, as I've encouraged everyone in the past. That's something that needs to be handled by the rest of the community. I really want there to be more variety in our state.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
JFox next cheezit is the 8th and is going to be the next circuit event for NJ if you would like to update the front page.

JFox

Smash Hero
Thanks Cheezit, will do.

I still don't exactly understand the purpose of circuits, and how they are different/better than non-circuits. If I am going to make it a rule that people HAVE to attend circuit tournies in order to be on a list that ranks who is good at smash, there has to be a legit reason. And so far I can't really see one.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The circuits should be viewed as something like the MLG of our state. It's the place to really show your skills - johns of sandbagging shouldn't exist in these tournaments. You either do good or you don't do good.

Yeah, the TV's at Smashacre were an issue. We'll arrange something in the future to get that fixed. But remember that the circuit is there to encourage more of the competitive spirit of the game, instead of just going to a tournament just because you were free that weekend. The end result of the circuit will be a final event with a larger prize based on the points you've received.

JFox

Smash Hero
I hear what you are saying, but keep in mind what these rules are for.

JFox's explanation of his rules-

#1 Three tournies in three months. That's not a lot to ask. This ensures that players are active so that we have plenty of tournament information to go by when creating the rankings list.

#2 Any less than 2 tournaments, and it would be too difficult for panelists to understand how you measure up with players that are within your state. I mean sure, we would know how you measure up with the players you play out of state, but that isn't enough to put together a list of purely NJ players.

#3 and #4 are really for the same purpose. The rankings are state rankings, and are than observed by the Regional rankings. There is no reason a player should be allowed to be ranked out of his/her own state, or on multiple lists. It isn't a logical idea, and taints the whole power ranking system.

How am I to really say to someone: "Well I can't gauge your skill because you didn't attend a tournament that was in a circuit." Than they would say to me "well I attended plenty of other tournaments, shouldn't those be enough to judge me off of?" And than I'll say "no because people might sandbag at those"

It just doesn't seem like it should be necessary to force people to attend circuits if there are still plenty of other large skale tournaments that I can use to gauge people off of, and they are just as valid as a circuit event.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yeah I understand.

The circuit is in its early stages anyway, so I'm going to develop it more to see if I can make it more important. Hopefully in the future it can be included as part of the criteria. The point of the circuit is to help our state community grow competitively, and it's always been my goal to bring us closer that way.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
quesiton. using mid or low tier characters has no impact on how many points you get from tournies does it?

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
rats. whatever, im going to make my way into the tourny scene soon. i've finally decked out my apartment completely. im still tryin to get inui over to practice with me this weekend that is if hes not working again :(

whats comin up? anything easy lol?

Cheezit

Smash Ace
. im still tryin to get inui over to practice with me this weekend that is if hes not working again :(
Lol relying on Inui is a Big No. I beileve When i joined THP he was gonna back my tourneys he is the only active member in THP who has not been to one lol.

Top Bottom