• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zumba-A Good Instructor for Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellylife

Smash Rookie
I read many of the reviews for this DVD prior to purchasing it, and against my better judgment assumed most people were just exaggerating or not used to exercising. I was already familiar with Jennifer Galardi having done one of her ab workouts on exercise tv on demand. In spite of wondering where the bloody hip hop was in the clip I watched on the internet prior to purchasing, I pulled the trigger on making the purchase because the structor is really good.

My first impression upon doing this DVD was that it was easy, slow and not in any way shape or form Hip Hop. Seriously... using the words "hip hop" in the title is like false advertising! Those words have no business being associated with this Zumba Fitness DVD or its content at all. But I let it slide because after completing the DVD (and the step guide) I was sweating, my abs felt tighter and I did feel as though I had worked out.

The structor is really good. The step guide is a huge asset to the DVD. I did the step guide before taking the plunge (per other reviews' advice) and it helped tremendously. She is easy to follow, the steps are relatively easy to do and to manipulate, and on the off chance you get lost or miss a step it is easy to catch up.

That is kind of where I run out of positive things to say about this DVD. I've said it before but I will reiterate... if you are looking for a true hip hop DVD, this is NOT the one for you! The music is so lame and is in no way hip hop at all. It sounds like some dude in his basement decided to try playing with a lame drum machine while using Tetris as his inspiration. It doesn't go with the name of the DVD, nor does it go with structor's style or the moves she's teaching.

There are like two random old-school "hip hop" moves she throws into her routines, but that is it. I'm sorry, but the box step and kick-ball-change do not constitute hip hop dancing. And just because she says things like "bring tha noise" and "I wanna see you partaaaayyy" doesn't mean the routines are hip hop related.

I read a review prior to purchasing this Zumba Fitness DVD that said something like just because she's wearing cargo pants doesn't mean it is a hip hop Zumba Fitness DVD. I now know fully what that person meant. I tried to like this DVD and still do throw it into rotation. But I find that every time I do it now, all I can do is focus on the absurdity of the difference between what is in the title of the DVD versus what content is actually on it.

Zumba Fitness DVD
The L Word DVD 1-6
Sc ubs DVD 1-9
Zumba DVD Zumba Fitness DVD
The L Word DVD 1-6 Scrubs DVD 1-9
Weeds DVD 1-5
Desperate Housewives DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 164 Discs
House MD DVD 1-6
Cold Case DVD 1-7
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
Lost DVD 1-5