• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Troubles

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
i have encountered a person who plays ZSS pretty well and i feel like i can beat him its just i have zero knowledge of the character so he destroys me when we play. i play marth

1) is there a certian way i should approach her

2) what should i look out for/avoid

3) what are good stage picks against her

4) any additional info on the matchup would b great

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Approach: From below if possible, you will out range her and it's your best bet. SHFFL nairs/fair to combat her SHFFL nairs are a good idea too. Being too aggressive against her will get you grabbed, so bait with some good dash dancing until she hopps up to do something the u-air or fair or U-Tilt/F-Tilt! U-tilt/F-tilt is your friend in this MU.

Watch out for: lasers, being directly above her, d-smash edge guarding (if you don't sweet spot the ledge on your dolphin slash, you're gonna have a bad time)

Good stages against her are ones with non-flat main platforms, like metal cavern, skyloft, rumble falls. Her laser/grab game will suffer. Warioware/FD/PokemonStadium2 are bad as a good ZSS will pillar combo the crap out of you. Smaller stages like Yoshi's story and even battlefield can be good, she still has platform pokes but marth has good coverage as well.

When she swings in for the ledge with a tether, you can drop-bair from ledge to gimp her. And if she tries to flipjump back onto stage, jump and Shield Breaker. Standard marth d-tilt/f-smash edge guarding won't work very well (or at least shouldn't)

Last edited:

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
Approach: From below if possible, you will out range her and it's your best bet. SHFFL nairs/fair to combat her SHFFL nairs are a good idea too. Being too aggressive against her will get you grabbed, so bait with some good dash dancing until she hopps up to do something the u-air or fair or U-Tilt/F-Tilt! U-tilt/F-tilt is your friend in this MU.

Watch out for: lasers, being directly above her, d-smash edge guarding (if you don't sweet spot the ledge on your dolphin slash, you're gonna have a bad time)

Good stages against her are ones with non-flat main platforms, like metal cavern, skyloft, rumble falls. Her laser/grab game will suffer. Warioware/FD/PokemonStadium2 are bad as a good ZSS will pillar combo the crap out of you. Smaller stages like Yoshi's story and even battlefield can be good, she still has platform pokes but marth has good coverage as well.

When she swings in for the ledge with a tether, you can drop-bair from ledge to gimp her. And if she tries to flipjump back onto stage, jump and Shield Breaker. Standard marth d-tilt/f-smash edge guarding won't work very well (or at least shouldn't)
thanks man i will definatly keep this in mind

Top Bottom