• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Online and Coping with Laggy games

Rdavis

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I've recently found out that ZSS might be my best character to use, as offline I can dominate just about anyone and come out with low percentage and hardly any trouble against any character.

Online though, it's a different story, I win most of my games, but it feels like a cheap win, like if I abuse someone's tripping, or if I end up winning because they can't get back to the lip with a low percentage because of their lag.

Is there a good way to cope with lag? I know this is like asking is there a way to find the fountain of youth, but I'm really interested in what people do online that might make it seem like you're actually winning because of skill and not because someone else died due to lag.

Any advice? Thanks.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I rarely lag online I can hardley see the difference unless the button lag is like 3 seconds apart which is a rareity.

Rdavis

Smash Rookie
Well, when I play against my friend in England, we lag considerably, even when I play my friend in Canada (East Coast USA here), it lags quite a bit, almost a second from push to action. I have a hard time stringing together combos because it's like I have to act a second ahead of time and that's really crippling for a combo-heavy character like ZSS (At least how I play her), it's really hard to get Utilt + UpB combo'd together properly, especially when the lag is so heavy that by the time I've gotten out of Utilt, I have to wait a second for an action and most of the time I get hit or it's too late to use any moves. It's not so hard to use heavier characters online as it seems to be using light, combo-heavy characters.

I just wish I knew what I was going to do when it comes time for me to play against someone seriously and it's over the internet, since I haven't met any real 'serious' players in Delaware.

Top Bottom