• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Kill Set up - first hit fair

Simbada

Smash Rookie
General:
ZSS's first hit fair has tremendously low KB even at high percents (100 up to 185%) and will launch foes at about a 25 degree angle where they'll be unable to jump and only be able to tech providing you didn't already connect them with the run up up b :p. this has it's limitations.

The process:
How it works is you'll hit the opponent with the first hit of fair while they're on the neutral and if they hit the stage floor, you can instantly run and follow it up with up b. This has high potentiality to true combo if you connect it with forward momentum. Although if you don't have forward momentum they can tech it and you can tech chase. And some characters can also be jab locked whenever they land with an uncharged laser (and/or ftilt?) depending on their hurtbox size. If they are hit off stage then you can potentially follow it up with up b with proper spacing other than that you're left with some potential edge guard set ups.

And if you catch them off a short hop, they're allowed to either air dodge, double jump, or get out a special/attack (providing it's quick enough), and if there's a platform behind them they will be knocked on top of it providing it's at the right height.

This can't be DI'd. (might be able to smash DI it)

You can even carry opponents across the stage with this providing their hurtbox when knocked down is big enough to connect with first hit fair again. (and if they never heard of a tech before)

Moving on... Each character has to reach a certain percent before they'll be knocked flat on the ground otherwise they'll sent away to land on their feet. Here's the character's percents I've labbed out already. I'll add more in the future:

Set up Percent+ (not exact;intervals of 5)
  1. Captain Falcon: 85%
  2. Pikachu: 70%
  3. Mario: 80%
  4. Luigi: 80%
  5. Peach: 80%
  6. Bowser: 95%
  7. Yoshi: 85%
  8. Rosa: 75%
  9. Bowser jr: 85%
  10. Jigglypuff: X
  11. Wario: 85%
  12. G&W: 75%
  13. Donkey Kong: 95%
  14. Diddy Kong: 80%
  15. Link: 85%
  16. Sheik: 75%
  17. Zelda: 70%
  18. Ganondorf: 90%
  19. Toon Link: 80%
  20. Samus: 85%
  21. ZSS: 75%
to be continued...

Optimal way of connecting and use:
You want to connect the hit from behind the opponent considering how you'll be at grab/jab range with everyone. Or through a read (possibly after conditioning). I.e. spot dodge, tech chase, punishing a laggy move, etc. And you want to have forward momentum to secure the kill.

Great for moving platforms and bringing your opponent closer to the blast zone.

Other potential use:
I think because heavy characters take so much percent before they can be knocked down it can lead to a possible grab at the early 90's and below.

Limations and Flaws:
Currently to my knowledge, will not work with Jigglypuff. And this move is super precise.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
YOu can actually true combo this without bothering waiting for techs or tech chases at absurd percents

Simbada

Smash Rookie
YOu can actually true combo this without bothering waiting for techs or tech chases at absurd percents
Thanks for mentioning this, I tested it out and you're right. I edited the post to accommodate this new information

Top Bottom