• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Down Smash Video is complete!

XAV

Smash Rookie
Here it is: http://youtu.be/ZnOD2YMSXOQ

I've worked on this project of the course of three weeks! Let me know what you all think and if I missed anything Q.Q Sorry if it's kinda long lol I wanted to get the most out of the video I was making. Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Great stuff, especially the dSpecial section.
So in your opinion, if we can't see a DI pattern, which version will get us the spike most of the time? What you see in tourneys is usually the dash away > jump > dSpecial. Since we can influence the trajectory, do you thing this is the most reliable version?

XAV

Smash Rookie
The dash away > jump > dSpecial is very reliable, but at times platforms can cut off the trajectory of the spike and it doesn't always work at lower percents. Hands down it has to be waiting for the opponent to reach the apex of the down-smash. This takes a while to adapt to and can result in over shooting or undershooting the down b., but once mastered the results are amazing. Thanks again for enjoying my video and I hope you've learned a thing or to lol Only reason I 'm so knowledgeable is due to the fact being ranked best ZSS in Illinois :p

And yes dash into reverse flip kick spike works! I've had it done to me multiple times and I've performed it on a ZSS player named Disorient!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
The dash away > jump > dSpecial is very reliable, but at times platforms can cut off the trajectory of the spike and it doesn't always work at lower percents. Hands down it has to be waiting for the opponent to reach the apex of the down-smash. This takes a while to adapt to and can result in over shooting or undershooting the down b., but once mastered the results are amazing. Thanks again for enjoying my video and I hope you've learned a thing or to lol Only reason I 'm so knowledgeable is due to the fact being ranked best ZSS in Illinois :p

And yes dash into reverse flip kick spike works! I've had it done to me multiple times and I've performed it on a ZSS player named Disorient!
Gratz on that I am like arguably by results 2nd best in southern ontario @BreaD- don't worry bro we are like Tied for second ;).
Uhh and the Dash away > jump cancel down b Spike has been around since brawl but this is a tighter window. I am still tinkering and wondering if there is anyone in the cast we can air release to jump cancel flip jump spike for free ;). That video if anything will help ingrain what the spike looks like for some of the Zss's out there.

Iridex

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChrisA.123
Great video! must of taken ages to make. In the Down B section, what do you mean by 'dash cancel'? is that just done by jumping or is it another imput? and what do find is the best way to hit down smashes?

David Viran

Smash Lord
Great video! must of taken ages to make. In the Down B section, what do you mean by 'dash cancel'? is that just done by jumping or is it another imput? and what do find is the best way to hit down smashes?
Just cancel your initial dash with jump is what it means. The best way to hit dsmash is to either read a ledge option or frame trap like air dodges into the ground.

NoahHasDiabetes

Smash Rookie
Crazy good video, man. I'd love to see more of how you utilize the rest of ZSS's moveset. Again, amazing stuff! Learned a ton so thank you!

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Very good video. Watched it when it got uploaded and learned a lot of new stuff I didn't know then.

Top Bottom