• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS down b kick/hooligan kick?

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
After watching Shuffle V, I began to wonder if anyone knew that the down b kick can be combo'd into reliably and kills earlier than bair. I never once saw Oro?! use it (this is what prompted me to post this). After a string of uairs/nairs I saw Oro simply go for another nair/uair to put the opponent off stage/above them when he could have got a down b. The startup of this move is super strong and is safe to combo into on stage/off stage if you b reverse it.

I'm not 100% sure that its earlier than bair, but it is certainly within 5-10% of it (a ZSS player I know swore it was earlier but the KO data i have says otherwise).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Oro usually goes for it, but a lot of his opponents were DIing out/punishing him for it for trying.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's quite good, but using it definitely requires a lot more awareness than it would first seem. I think once we get better at DI manipulation and yomi, it'll start to come back, it'll just be more of a combo-video worthy thing. Like Falcon combos into knee.

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
I played a lot of awkward weight/size/fallspeed characters at Shuffle. It's pretty reliable against every fastfaller to be honest.
Yeah I gotcha. I definitely agree you have to intimately familiar with the MU to get it reliably.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Or just you can use it against a recovering opponent who is slow to recover. Just jump cancel it and tether back after you hit (or miss).

radiogiraffe

Smash Rookie
Dair to down b kick is a true combo with di or not. If they fail to di just dair again. It's a great option especially because zss' down b kick has set trajectory so no matter where they di you can follow up and hit them off stage no matter which way zss is facing. This is usefull when you are unable to land a bair. You can even follow up if they di off stage if you save your jump. It's zss' best hit confirm move. Good if you use dair OoS a lot.

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
Dair OoS isn't very safe, and I'm kind of doubting dair to down b is a true combo. Do you have a video of it?

radiogiraffe

Smash Rookie
Just go into training mode and test it yourself. I think dair is the only way to truly combo into down b kick. No other moves have enough hitstun to count as a consecutive hit in training even with bad di.

Top Bottom