• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Down B in air

Valciar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valciar
Hi All,

So I have a question about ZSS's down B and its that I notice that sometimes I can hit her out of it and sometimes I can't. One of my friends who mains ZSS tells me whenever I knock her out of that he relies on it to have priority and to be able to get that small hop as well after and just gets salty when I do. Anyway so my question is why am I able knock him out of his down B when hes recovering to the stage from the air? The most recent one I remember was a Luigi back air. Is it because he didn't press in time for her to do kick that you do during it? Its just something I think about and if I knew exactly how it works then it would be easier to understand. If someone could do an indepth description about it that would be great. Basically when you can knock her out of it, when she has priority with it and stuff like that. Thanks!

David Viran

Smash Lord
Down b has invincibility frames from about frame 3 to apex of the move. The kick on it is disjointed to hell also but you can jump and air dodge to force the exaggerated footstool thing that happens automatically. It makes it so she has to land before she can do anything unless she was high enough off the ground. When she uses down b she has to keep going the same direction she started with it but she can halt momentum and start gain momentum very quick. Most of the time you just want to force the footstool thing.

Valciar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valciar
Ahh see that makes so much sense!! Thank you! That would make a lot of sense because I always hit her on the second half of her jump with is from the apex to the way down id usually hit her in between that. Thank you for the info! :D

Valciar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valciar
Also meant to add that usually when hit her it will alot of the time hit back so its risky as hell, I may test out of they are any safe options for that with my mains.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
Her down b puts her in a bad spot if she uses it wrong. I don't know as much as other people do about frames and all that but I still have experience with it. Like David was saying, she get I frames within the first part of the move and then about when she reaches the top most of her jump she loses it, and like her up B, she becomes vulnerable. She also gets some landing lag so if you get under her and bait her to spike you, you can shield it and punish If I said anything wrong please correct me because I am not very good at all the technical stuff but yeah I hope I was some help

David Viran

Smash Lord
You can only sheild down b if it was used from the ground. In the air you can usually just jump out of down b before landing on the ground. You want to attempt to air dodge into her in the air to force a footstool. I think down b is best for escaping bad situations.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well if she downs b from about her shoulders length on the ground. she can jump or maybe a little higher then her hips.

Last edited:
Top Bottom