• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZS Samus's overpowered?

Dude759

Smash Rookie
Maybe its just me but it feels like ZS samus's whip move is a little to much, as its got quite the range, and is a fast attack.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
She is op, the second she comes on the stage I just can't stop staring at her. She is just to damn distracting. They need to nerf dat ass and dem *******.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
"Whip move" is not exactly descriptive. Her UpB? SideB? Neutral aerial? Grab? I hope you're not talking about the grab because it's the slowest one in the game.

Of all these, I assume you mean either SideB or UpB.
SideB is a pretty good move, but it's not so fast that it can't be dealt with, and if you hold your control stick away from ZSS (i.e. try to move away from her) while it's hitting you, it doesn't pull you in. This is called Directional Influence, or DI, in case you're not familiar with it. It's a good combo starter, but it's not hard to avoid.
UpB is quite fast, but you shouldn't usually be directly above ZSS anyway. Even if you do get pulled down by it, you can always tech when you hit the ground, mitigating the disadvantage. Unless you're offstage, in which case, good luck.

Oniperson

Smash Cadet
Agreed, We cannot allow this... this BEAST of a harlot to plague our minds and our wangs any longer.

We cannot sit idly by as this harlequin pays a visit to every young mans heart who happens to pop in a copy of brawl, just to leave the poor fellow pondering his feelings in the ethical conundrum that typically follows falling in love with a video game character model. How many hearts must be broken, how many would-be lovers lives must go unsatisfied, how many families must be torn apart until this sex goddesses appetite for love, loss and depression is satiated. I propose we set off on a quest, a crusade if you will. We. The Smash Community. We will scour countryside, mountain ranges, lakeside lagoons, ocean floors and even urban developmental communities if we have to, all with the goal of finding out why the piss they thought they would put a character with the same amount of strait up sex appeal as the Koreans do nonsense in a Nintendo game. Or a real life look alike. Then after that we could all share.

But yeah, about her forward smash, doesn't it hit behind her too?

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it hits behind her.

Kally Wally pretty much nailed it. It's a really easy move to jump over or shield as well. On hit and in general as a tool it is certainly great but it is by no means overpowered.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Maybe its just me but it feels like Fox's Up Smash is a little to much, it kills really early and is a fast attack.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
That's the best/funniest speech I've read in a while, Oniperson. Great twist ending.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Have you tried pressing any of the various shield buttons? Like foreal I dare you to pick ZSS against my Ganon.

Maybe its just me but it feels like Fox's Up Smash is a little to much, it kills really early and is a fast attack.
Pikachu's is stronger.

Top Bottom