• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zodiac

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Has anyone seen this? It came out recently, it has Jake Gyllenhall and it's about the Zodiac serial killer during the 1960s/70s.

I'm not normally into movies like this, but I went with my friends and I ended up liking it very much. It was done extremely well, great acting/script/cinematography. It's not exactly a horror movie, more of a creepy suspenseful movie, with some murder scenes. Still, there's a lot of dry humor and wit that manages to keep things light but also serious.
It's long (almost 3 hours) but worth watching.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't going to see it, but then I saw a little segment on it during America's Most Wanted, so I decided to check it out.

I was pretty satisfied with the film. I knew it was going to be really long, and it was going to be a "patient" film, and I liked it. My father said he started getting bored at the last hour of the film, but I thought it was pretty cool. It was like Hollywoodland, where the man is going crazy trying to find out who the guy was. I know a lot of people were dissappointed with it because they probably thought it was going to be faster paced.

I don't know about that whole, using handwriting to delve into the psychology of the guy, doesn't make sense to me. What's to say one guy can't simply change his writing to fool them.

Funny thing is, I don't think this is a real spoiler, but at the end of the movie, the second picture the man points to, looks a lot more like the actual police sketch of what the zodiac was believed to look like. I believe what they did was hire an actor to play that man, and at the end, they had him point out the picture of the actor, but also had himpoint out that other picture, because it was probably what the real guy looked like.

I like how they used the real audio to. That was cool.

You just know now, that cartoonist guy is going to be getting prank phone calls of people pretending to be the zodiac.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Saw it last week, really enjoyed it. The first half was really awesome, while the ending felt just a bit drawn out.

My friend and I were wondering the whole movie if it was the real audio. So it was, ZM? That's crazy cool.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly, I still think it was the tandem of Vaughan/Marshall and not just one, lone killer.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
Honestly, I didn't think this movie was that great. The issue for me was the fact that the most interesting character in the movie was the Zodiac himself, except he never (as far as you know) actually shows up on screen. All the action revolves completely the Zodiac.

Aside from the Zodiac, there was no other plot... which is fine. Essentially what the movie was was a list of facts from the case. To me, it was just as interesting to read up on the case as it was watching the movie. See, i read up on the case before watching the movie (about a year before), and the movie provided absolutely nothing new for me.

So here's my advice, if you know nothing about the Zodiac, and don't feel like reading up on him, go watch the movie. The Zodiac is probably one of the most interesting killers of our century. He had no real motive, except perhaps self entertainment or fame. However, if you wanna take half an hour to search for facts on him (Wikipedia has a lot), the movie is just two and half hours of that.

Top Bottom