• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zinthachu

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been uploading videos from our Oklahoma tournament, OHSNAP2, and got to some vids from low tier of my Pikachu playing. I didn't get to play Pika much, as while I won the first round, I had to fight FastLikeTree in the second round (:urg:) and low tier was single elimination. However, I felt pretty good in my performance for not practicing/using Pika much, so I thought that I'd post the vids here for kicks, advice, comments, etc..

Zinth (Pikachu) vs. Marc (Ness) 1
Zinth (Pikachu) vs. Marc (Ness) 2

Don't know why I didn't wear my tag, normally I do, but no matter. I also recorded my fights against FastLikeTree, but those were recorded on VHS tapes rather than camera tapes, and the tapes were still in the VCRs when everyone took their stuff and left :urg: So I'll have to track down the right person until I can get those up. Anyway, let me know what you all think.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, like I said, I hadn't played with Pika in a long time, and even then I hadn't played with him much, so I don't really have any of his advanced quirks and tricks down yet, and thus killed myself whilst recovering a lot, lol.

Pikachu's the only low tier that I've actually been able to stick with, lol, so I'll probably somewhat frequent these boards.

Thanks for the responses, further ones would be greatly appreciated ^^

SatanX

Smash Apprentice
nice pika. good mind games wit tha dash dancing and wavedashing

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
That's a fast pika, I enjoyed the match. Not much I can say, but what was the Dark comment in the 2nd vid when you were playing on FD?
That was actually "Dart" (a player in our state who's known for spamming B moves more than could be believed), not "Dark". The conversation in which that comment was made was as follows:

King Gt (to me): "Gosh, you're almost as annoying as Dart."
Me: "I'm better than Dart dude, I don't need to be annoying."

All Dart does is spam thunder jolt :laugh: Anway, thanks for the comment :)

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
You Dash Attacked a lot at the wrong time. In shields, randomly =P
Randomly Usmashes ar better ^-^

also, don't roll INTO enemy's =P
I saw you do that a couple of times, roll into grabs or attacks.
And as for the recovery. I have seen better yes, but you are very inventive with it. Your opponent was suprised by you and where you were =P

That were mostly the bad points in your game, but overal you have a good pikachu imo =)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice :) Haha, some of those dash attacks may have been failed pivoted fsmashes, but then again they may have all been meant to be dash attacks. I do also seem to still have some bad habitual rolling in my system. And yes, my recovery with Pikachu sucks right now, lol. I haven't really played Pika much though, so I'll be sure to improve on all of those things in time.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Zinth i Challenge you to a pika ditto!!!!!

Me (the best pika in texas) vs you.... er somthing...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Zinth i Challenge you to a pika ditto!!!!!

Me (the best pika in texas) vs you.... er somthing...
Lol, ok then. Just... as soon as either you guys come up here or us guys go down there :p Whytf weren't you guys at OHSNAP2? You'd better make OHSNAP3! Infact I'd recommend anyone in this thread to go to OHSNAP3!

Pika pika pika.

Top Bottom