• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo's Little Mac

NapalmBandit155

Smash Rookie
I have been watching ZeRo on YouTube and at tourneys for a long time now, and he just recently has picked up Little Mac. If you didn't know, ZeRo's Little Mac is godlike. He was even able to 3-stock MKLeo with Little Mac. I myself secondary Little Mac, and would love to get better at him. Do you guys have any Idea how ZeRo does it?? (Other than the fact that he's one of the best players in the world)

GhostM

Phantom
It comes from the fact that he's had plenty of tournament experience, which allowed him to improve his own skills. Although he didn't exactly play Little Mac, he was consistently playing with top players and got to experience the variety of playstyles that his opponents had, which helped him adjust his own playstyle and his ability to read and punish his opponents for the mistakes they do. Not to forget that consistent practice and attending tournaments can help develop your mental game and focus during matches so that you don't autopilot/get nervous often during the match. He's already used to a tournament-like atmosphere, so he knows how players react in certain scenarios.

I do feel like he could have a lot more potential if he continues to practice with the character offline, since online possesses a different metagame than offline. Little Mac is buffed online because of the fact that it's a lot harder to react to his moves, with his KO Punch being extremely difficult to react to. Not to forget that he's a fast character on the ground, which can be difficult to deal with because of the input delay.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
It feels like a Perfect storm of jank in the sense that Little Mac being low tier puts pressure on you because you don't want to lose to a low tier, Little Mac being buffed online and difficult to punish due to lag, matchup inexperience due to lack of high level macs, and to top it all off the fact that Zero plays mind games like an absolute troll. It must be a nightmare for other players, but provides some of the best content to come out of his channel lol

Mythical

Smash Rookie
I have been watching ZeRo on YouTube and at tourneys for a long time now, and he just recently has picked up Little Mac. If you didn't know, ZeRo's Little Mac is godlike. He was even able to 3-stock MKLeo with Little Mac. I myself secondary Little Mac, and would love to get better at him. Do you guys have any Idea how ZeRo does it?? (Other than the fact that he's one of the best players in the world)
I’ll admit, I main Little Mac and, not only can I say the character is bad, but I can also say the character has a degenerate play style

Top Bottom