• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero to Hero?

Chazore13

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3222-6708-2108
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I have some questions.
I've been casually playing SSB since Melee and have always enjoyed my time playing the games. I want to eventually play competitively or just well enough to look like a noob on For Glory. I am trying to main Fox (and I have read pretty much every post in his character forum), but I can barely scratch my opponents (usually lvl7+ cpus) before I'm blown off the stage. I guess my biggest question is where do I start? Should I go into training and practice, if so what should I work on?
Again sorry if this in the wrong place or if there is a thread already like this. Also this isnt just a Fox related post (I would have posted it there).This is more or less regarding general skills regardless of character.
I also dont know too many terms outside of L-cancel and shffl, so I guess this is more basic than the stickied advice post. >.>

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
I suggest playing real people..computers only counter your control inputs.

tomCat

Smash Rookie
Just remember that your win rate doesn't really matter. Especially after you've played like 1000 matches and finally reach a level where you're winning them all.

Then your rating will improve, surely.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
You can also spar with people in here to help improve yourself. We're a friendly community.

And yeah, don't let your w/l ratio get to you. It's only a number and pretty soon, you'll see yourself improving.

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Yes, sparring with people here gives you a good idea of where you are and where you want to be.

Snoop

Smash Rookie
When me and my friends first started getting really good was when we started blocking. No one blocked in my group of friends because we thought that was boring. Blocking and rolling and not getting hit are WAY more important that dealing damage. Just try especially not to get hit instead of hitting your opponents. Hit them when they royally mess up or when you have an opportunity where you can hit them without getting hit yourself.

Kane49

Smash Rookie
I started by playing lvl 9 CPU's and it might have hurt my learning curve quite a bit.
For example the Ai can not handle successive forward dashes like at all while on for glory people will punish you hard or they recover in exactly the same terrible way multiple times which lead to me developing bad habits like forwards smashing when i know the KI will 100% run into that

Last edited:
Top Bottom