• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus MU Guide: Dealing with Sonic

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone. I made a Sonic MU guide for ZSS players with the help of two notable Sonic mains from the UK. I hope this is able to help fellow ZSS mains in the MU.

If you have any advice on the MU that I do not have written down in the document feel free to share and I will add it. Thanks :). I plan to try and do a similar guide for the Cloud MU if people find this guide of use.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T444wnkBbkgmQ12JcOQ_JZ0NKD4dHJK-m-phi-GOmFM/edit

skoolzout1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skoolzout1
3DS FC
0018-2889-0858
Really good stuff in here. I learned a lot of things that sonic players look for that I never really realized when playing them.

The only thing I wish was added in here would be something along the lines of Tuen's OOS list, where he compiles a list of sonics moves and zss's moves and he goes through which moves have a frame advantage OOS for example, because sometimes it's really hard to know what you have time to punish with, and what moves of sonics are even punishable. Unless of course you just try and die in the matchup a few hundred times.

Anyways thanks for posting! Appreciate all the work you've done here

Last edited:

TwizzyBomb

Smash Rookie
Great info here thanks dude!

"Paralyser will straight up beat Spin Dash and Spin Charge." says it all in my experience in this mu.

IMHO zss wins strongly, the paralyzer beats sonics favorite bait tool. A zss can literally camp as far as lazer will reach and shoot him. Most moves hitboxes can trade/beat paralyzer but not sonics down or side-b

So you can play around this advantage and then read his mix-ups from there.

Top Bottom