• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus in...

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
The GameStop Midnight Launch Tournament.
Since the first round is only a minute long verses, I've read in the general brawl section that everyone plans to choose Ike or someone with a great recovery.

If I'm not mistaken, items will be on. The Items you have to look out for are the super mushrooms, and well....anything to help keep on the stage.

I've been watching tons of ZSS videos, and it seems she's a great match against Ike. She starts off with some items to chuck. That's a great start as well, and she doesn't necessarily have the greatest recovery but she's got some punch to it.

Who feels she'll be a great choice in the first round?

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
From videos of ZSS vs Ike, she seems to have the advantage if you can do Claw combos. You've probably seen them but their under 1v1 or something of that nature. Over all I heard she lacks priority. I say use her if you like her, but don't expect her to have the edge on everyone. (from what I seen, she has problems with meta knight because her grab combos into aerials won't hit him. He is also as popular as Ike, so many people will probably play him.)

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
Yeah I definitly think zss is a good ike matchup, for a good projectile and great range. Metanight does seems like he could pose a problem, but there is always the flip kick spike if he trys to edgeguard you >_>

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Yeah, She does have some drawbacks. Of course, if the matchup is against a metaknight, i'll have to make a guess itf they're just a casual player.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Meta isn't too bad as long as you space your Forward B. You can kill him really easily with upairs, and your downB recovery can sometimes spike a edgeguarding meta (although it'll be highly unlikely).

Never, EVER fight Ike in battlefield as the platforms will decimate you if you are ever above him. Zamus's dair is almost completely useless against Ike. She doesn't have any good moves that covers below her.

Ike's jabs are ridiculous, and a good Ike player would rely on the jab combo to rack up dmg and kill you with a bair/upair. Always watch out if he does nair, since he can instantly do a jab combo upon landing with 0 lag.

Against Ike, I usually counterpick with Lucas and camp him with PKfires. Zamus's blaster isn't too campable and can be punished.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
You could always use Samus and drop your suit after your 1st kill for a mobility boost. Or transform after you ARE killed since Zamus is great at finishing with plasma whip. If your opponent SD's though, it's game over for you.

What do you think? Begin the game as Samus and fight. If having troubles switch to Zamus.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You could always use Samus and drop your suit after your 1st kill for a mobility boost. Or transform after you ARE killed since Zamus is great at finishing with plasma whip. If your opponent SD's though, it's game over for you.

What do you think? Begin the game as Samus and fight. If having troubles switch to Zamus.
Having attempted to drop my armor pieces mid-battle as Samus, I HIGHLY recommend that you DO NOT DO THIS. You waste valuable time (aside from the fact that its almost impossible to do on the first try), and the transition animation is about 3-4 seconds, leaving your opponent to just stand and charge a smash waiting for you.

Tristan Darkshade

Smash Cadet
If your opponent selfdestructs, you'll gain a point. There's a lot of videos, and it seems you only need to land one hit period to gain a point when the opponent dies. At least in a 1-vs-1 scenario. Basically it's whoever hit the opponent last before said opponent's death. That'll show 'em

Gum

Smash Journeyman
items on, 4 player brawl, wiimotes only, time limit, built in tourney system. pretty gay all in all...but im still gonna go ZS and just evade my *** off.

Kips

Smash Ace
Well the Armor Pieces pretty much destroy anyone who isn't Zelda in my opinion, just because I saw a video of Zelda reflecting armor pieces and actually racking up damage instead of Zamus doing the damage-racking. Yeesh!

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
I don't use the armor piece because
1. Just a personal feeling that I start with an unfair advantage
2. Good opponents can use the suit against you and you'll probably end up hurt more than him/her
3. Makes the first stock really boring to watch

You SHOULD use the suit though, its broken as ****.

Top Bottom