• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus >_>

OverLade

Smash Hero
I know this is gonna sound weird...I have a strange ZSS fetish....lol kidding.

I seem to have serious trouble fighting good ZSS players. My local handy match up chart says it's in my favor. I really Disagree. Hell, ZSS is harder for me than snake. And while these players are good, I've been able to beat them with my other good characters.

It seems like everything I do gets outranged. ZSS's Fsmash, dash attack, and Forward B seem to outprioritize anything I try, and her Usmash and UpB stop my Dair approaches. I've tried Nado, it's usually shielded since I have to keep my distance away. And the pieces are annoying too >_>.

I lost the Brawlcentral tournament to a ZSS player...and it doesn't seem like things have changed much.

Anyone had a similar experience? Any advice? Counterpicks for ZSS?

Amide

Smash Lord
Approach diagonally, get a little in front, ZSS will forward special. Above, ZSS will Up special or USmash. ZSS can get gimped, remember that.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Corner her. If there's anything a ZSS player hates, it's not being able to create a perfect distance between her and the opponent. Atleast vs. characters with potentially dangerous close-range attacks like MK. And than all it'll take is one good approach to get her off the edge, and from there it's just outright gimping.

I mean, that's the really broad version of it- but ZSS' advantage is definitely spacing. Limit it, and you limit her options just as much as yours are already.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Approach diagonally, get a little in front, ZSS will forward special. Above, ZSS will Up special or USmash. ZSS can get gimped, remember that.
Gimpy ZSS isnt easy. She has that spike, and it's not worth approaching since it's a sex kick >_>. If you touch her during it, you're dead. Since I hahd that bad experience, I havent risked it.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy ZSS isnt easy. She has that spike, and it's not worth approaching since it's a sex kick >_>. If you touch her during it, you're dead. Since I hahd that bad experience, I havent risked it.
Keep in mind that an edgegrab overrules ANY tether recovery, even if they've latched onto the ledge. Dimensional edgehogging can also help for gimping ZSS, since it doesn't leave you vulnerable to that spike from her ↑ B. As far as that "sex kick" is concerned, if she can reach the stage without having to tether, simply back away & hit her during the landing lag.

OverLade

Smash Hero
>_> Good ZSS players dont fall for that.

If you wait for them on the stage, to punish the landing lag, then they'll tether. If You try to gimp them, they'll use their Down B's additional jump, and you can't risk attack them when they do so. ZSS can only be gimped if she's too far away to land on the stage itself.

Top Bottom