• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus' 0-Death combo from Brawl works on Robin

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Personally, I don't find this all that bad. It takes skill to continue it and it takes skill to even get it started. Plus the range you have to be in is so strict that Robin players have a good chance to punish after the attempt.

Thoughts?

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I think it hurts Robin's matchup with ZSS a bit, but nowhere near enough to be considered ban-material. Every character has terrible matchups. Plus if the attempt whiffs, Robin can easily punish, since he/she's more or less a zoning character, anyway.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
well, I think it's patched, now. I've heard something about it and I can't pull it off. Although maybe I'm doing it wrong.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It is not patched, just not easy.

There's a slightly easier way to time the second d-smash. Once Robin gets locked you can shoot another paralyzer and then immediately d-smash. The paralyzer doesn't hit, but it makes it so the d-smash activates as they're standing up making it impossible to miss.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Well, then I must be doing something wrong. I've downloaded a patch (no idea what it did) but whenever I perform this, I jump into the air with B just like when you try it on other chars. The footstool after the stun works just fine but after, I just make a full jump. I can't seem to cancel it, even though I'm using 25% speed. I doubt it's possible to do B much faster.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What move are you starting it with?
Be aware that d-smash has two hitboxes, and the further one will never allow this to work.
Try starting it with a fully charged paralyzer, that gives you the most time to get the footstool.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
well, like I said, the footstool is not the problem. But after the footstool, whenever I press B, I just make a full jump and then the shooting action is being performed.

You know? When you do it on other characters. I simply jump up into the air. I don't 'cancel' the footstool when I'm doing it on robin.

edit: yup, I'm just jumping into the air like what would happen when you perform it on another character. I looked it up and I've already seen several guys saying it was patched.

@ NickRiddle NickRiddle : have you already downloaded the patch? v1. something. If you did, can you still do that?

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Any chance you could record what is happening? I DLed the patch and it still works fine for me.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Well, I could, but that would mean a lot of work, as I need to fix my camera, then make a replay, make a video, and then upload it.

It's just like what happens when you perform it on any other character.

I pick zero suit samus. I choose robin as opponent in training mode. I change speed to 1/4.

I walk towards robin, do downsmash and stun him. While he's stunned, I quickly turn around, do a short hop on him, press jump again and then spam B.

I end up doing a full footstool, like what happens when you do it to any character. I make a full jump into the air, and the neutral B is being performed at jump height above the opponent.

If you still don't know what I mean I'll try and upload it. or am I doing a footstool wrong or something?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If Robin moves any distance upwards after the stun you will do a full footstool.
It means you're doing it too slowly.

A couple of solution:
Start it with Robin at a higher %.
Use a fully charged paralyzer as the stun lasts longer.
Do it faster (which isn't really helpful advice)

I can put up a video today detailing how exactly I do it if you would like.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that would be great. And no, robin doesn't move any distance upwards after I stun him.

I'll see if I can get a video myself because I find it very strange.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
The best way to learn this i feel like because i hate the circle pad is to not bother turning around just footstool and breverse the laser saves you time i guess.
even with the saved time I still can't do consistently zzz.

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Well, making a video myself isn't going to work I'm afraid. Can't get the cam to work. Guess I'll have to buy a dazzle after all (I was already thinking of buying one).

I don't know what it is. Knowing myself, it could be that I'm doing something very stupid, but as far as I can tell, it just works like you'd do it on any other character. No matter whether what I do. If I try what pichuthedk said it won't work either. Just whenever I footstool, I make a full jump everytime. Unless you're supposed to tech it (?) whatever, but I just jump entirely into the air.

Top Bottom