• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's combos

Arcalyth

GLS | root
So are you asking how Zelda's comboing works?

She thrives on the low-percent game. Use ftilt, jab, and her throws. At middle percents, you can start using her aerials and Din's fire to great effect. At high percent, most of her combo setups stop working, but Din's Fire becomes borderline OP.

She doesn't have many autocombos like, say, Sheik or Falcon. Most of her combos are situational (like most of her moveset). Some bread and butter tools are ftilt, usmash, nair. You can also link hits of the various spacings/timings of her fair and bair. If the opponent gets knocked back too far away for a good followup, Din's Fire and Farore's Wind will help you maintain momentum.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
she has a few auto combos. dtilt to utilt combos once the dtilt strats to pop the opponent into the air. air-nayru land cancel > ftilt works up to mid percents on most characters. dthrow combos to stuff from low to mid percents. The opponent can DI but you should be able to react to the DI. Out of dthrow you should be able to get a bair or a dash attack. fthrow is another di dependent combo tool. its her fastest throw and combos to a fair if the opponent is expecting a down throw.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
How would one DI OUT of Zelda combos. Specifically combos that end in fair/bair that kill me at 55 or 60%

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I can't get the land-cancel down, tips?
I don't really know what you mean

But maybe you could provide me with some insights. At what percentages roughly is a Zelda trying to fair or bair you? Like what true zelda setups are there to bair/fair?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
So are you asking how Zelda's comboing works?

She thrives on the low-percent game. Use ftilt, jab, and her throws. At middle percents, you can start using her aerials and Din's fire to great effect. At high percent, most of her combo setups stop working, but Din's Fire becomes borderline OP.

She doesn't have many autocombos like, say, Sheik or Falcon. Most of her combos are situational (like most of her moveset). Some bread and butter tools are ftilt, usmash, nair. You can also link hits of the various spacings/timings of her fair and bair. If the opponent gets knocked back too far away for a good followup, Din's Fire and Farore's Wind will help you maintain momentum.
No, I know how her combos work, but I need to know what combos to use. Just something as simple as: Dash attack-up smash: works at mid-low percent, if DIed away can be followed with uair/fair.

Something like that; the combo, how it works, and any info you can think of about it.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I don't really know what you mean

But maybe you could provide me with some insights. At what percentages roughly is a Zelda trying to fair or bair you? Like what true zelda setups are there to bair/fair?
I accidentally replied to your comment instead of someone else's.

That I know of: all of her throws except b throw; grab-release; d tilt; f tilt; u tilt at low persent; u smash; out of shield. Zelda's always want to land one, even at low percents it can lead into free damage and a kill with setup dins. The more time you let her breathe the worse the trap is going to be.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
When I play other Zeldas (one of which plays in tournaments), the combos I've practiced don't work (well, some of them), because I practiced them on people who didn't DI well.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
If they DI too far away for a real followup then going back to the FW/DF game is pretty much your only option. Just like any character, you must press your advantage after a hit by maintaining stage control. If you're in control, you'll get your followup in a few seconds.

GleXx

Smash Rookie
NNID
GleXx76
Hi i keep seeing players using farore's wind to edge hog teleporting from the stage straight onto the ledge and also once on the ledge letting go and appearing grabbing it again and so fast I'm wondering if anyone knew how in the world they are doing that if they are canceling it and such also how you let go of the edge and instantly fly up and use her lightning kick. I just started using Zelda and some of these inputs can be tricky at times lol. :zelda:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Hi i keep seeing players using farore's wind to edge hog teleporting from the stage straight onto the ledge and also once on the ledge letting go and appearing grabbing it again and so fast I'm wondering if anyone knew how in the world they are doing that if they are canceling it and such also how you let go of the edge and instantly fly up and use her lightning kick. I just started using Zelda and some of these inputs can be tricky at times lol. :zelda:
For grabbing the ledge, you have to start it in the air at a certain length from the ledge (requires practice).
For the edge let go regrab thing you just have to be fast on the controls and let go immediately up b.
For the fair thing just let go of the ledge, air jump, fair.

To practice the teledash go one battlefield in training mode spawn a smoke bomb, activate it, grab it, the. Teledash from platform to platform, then you can see where you teleport.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
For the ledge cancelled farore, you need to be within a certain distance ABOVE the ledge in the air. Use a FW and aim it at the ledge. Once she disappears let go of the control stick. If timed right, she will do a "no poof" ledge grab. Like DarkSS said, it takes a bit of practice, but can make for a suprising and safe edgehog.

For the farore ledge regrab, simply let go of the edge, and the jump and farore immediately. If you're using un-changed controls, the jump can be done WITH the farore via tap-jump. If you have tap jump off, you'll have to use a jump button and then use up b.

for the edge hop Lightning kick, simply let go of the edge (To be specific, move your stick away from the edge style, it won't work as easily if you move the stick down, as you'll fast fall.) and immediately jump and kick. It can also be done with any other aerial move too, not just FAir.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
For the ledge cancelled farore, you need to be within a certain distance ABOVE the ledge in the air. Use a FW and aim it at the ledge. Once she disappears let go of the control stick. If timed right, she will do a "no poof" ledge grab. Like DarkSS said, it takes a bit of practice, but can make for a suprising and safe edgehog.

For the farore ledge regrab, simply let go of the edge, and the jump and farore immediately. If you're using un-changed controls, the jump can be done WITH the farore via tap-jump. If you have tap jump off, you'll have to use a jump button and then use up b.

for the edge hop Lightning kick, simply let go of the edge (To be specific, move your stick away from the edge style, it won't work as easily if you move the stick down, as you'll fast fall.) and immediately jump and kick. It can also be done with any other aerial move too, not just FAir.
What are some good low-damage Zelda combos?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ DarkStarStorm DarkStarStorm ; VS who? Do you mean like, medium weights? (Or something else.) There are a lot of different weight specific combos (Of course) but if you give me a general weight or even a specific character I can go find the combos that work for that weight/char, and what %s they work too.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
@ DarkStarStorm DarkStarStorm ; VS who? Do you mean like, medium weights? (Or something else.) There are a lot of different weight specific combos (Of course) but if you give me a general weight or even a specific character I can go find the combos that work for that weight/char, and what %s they work too.
Any weight, just list what and how.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Any weight, just list what and how.
Uhh, that might take a while, considering I'm very meticulous about these sorts of things, but I can get started on it, and I can contact you when I've finished with a certian weight area / character.

Honestly, I had thought of eventually making a thread called something like "The P:M Zelda Encyclopedia of Combos" or whatever, If I ever finish documenting combos for ALL characters, I may make it a fancy-dancy thread.

GleXx

Smash Rookie
NNID
GleXx76
OMG @ BJN39 BJN39 and @ DarkStarStorm DarkStarStorm thank you so much I'm gonna start practicing these as soon as possible. I love the possibilities that Zelda does so many players complain that she's very defensive but if u practice u can make a beautiful offense off her move set :) thank you again :)

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
OMG @ BJN39 BJN39 and @ DarkStarStorm DarkStarStorm thank you so much I'm gonna start practicing these as soon as possible. I love the possibilities that Zelda does so many players complain that she's very defensive but if u practice u can make a beautiful offense off her move set :) thank you again :)
You are very welcome. Practice her teledash often, it's integral to her offense and defense.

GleXx

Smash Rookie
NNID
GleXx76
You are very welcome. Practice her teledash often, it's integral to her offense and defense.
Yeah Ive been playing against some friends of mines pretty good players but with Zelda's teledash I love grabbing them out it lol frustrates them :) anyways I'm still trying to break the habbit of not wave dashing bc I never played melee and now with project M u have all these new techniques and I love it just trying to get used to all that

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Yeah Ive been playing against some friends of mines pretty good players but with Zelda's teledash I love grabbing them out it lol frustrates them :) anyways I'm still trying to break the habbit of not wave dashing bc I never played melee and now with project M u have all these new techniques and I love it just trying to get used to all that
Zelda's wavedash is meh, there aren't as many uses for it as other characters. Though I personally like the retreating wavedash f-smash.

Top Bottom