• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Strategy Discussion

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Zelda Strategy Discussion

Discuss and I'll add it to the OP

Against campy characters...

Against rushdown characters...

Against zoning characters...

Against heavyweights...

Against lightweights...

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Ok what about in tournaments against smart players
It works in letting your opponent hit you with smashes!

You have to use FW oos (kinda) against people that can actually shield. Or use it to punish an extremely laggy move. Sometimes if you read or frame trap them you can hit them with it that way.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
It works in letting your opponent hit you with smashes!

You have to use FW oos (kinda) against people that can actually shield. Or use it to punish an extremely laggy move. Sometimes if you read or frame trap them you can hit them with it that way.
It's also good for tech chases. If u predict a tech punish It with Farore's wind.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
What do you guys do when the opponent is off the ledge?

I tend to chuck Din's Fire at them to make them change their landing.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
What do you guys do when the opponent is off the ledge?

I tend to chuck Din's Fire at them to make them change their landing.
Depending on character. Some characters can get dtilted since dtilt goes under the stage. Sometimes it's better to go offstage and dair while some need projectiles to edgeguard

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Depending on character. Some characters can get dtilted since dtilt goes under the stage. Sometimes it's better to go offstage and dair while some need projectiles to edgeguard
I did not know that Dtilt went under the stage. This shall be useful information indeed.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
By projectiles he means Phantom!

If they have a bad recovery (not many of those in this game...) then Din's does wonders provided they're not too close to the stage for it to reach them.

But I really like just going out and kicking them.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Dins are actually very handy In some MUs like peach and rosie
How is it very handy against Peach? It's still incredibly easy to dodge, even if she is floating. And she can cancel out Din's hitbox with her neutral air.

The only use I can think of is a very situational edgeguard.

If you have a better strategy for it, please share, cause I can never land the **** thing lol.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
How is it very handy against Peach? It's still incredibly easy to dodge, even if she is floating. And she can cancel out Din's hitbox with her neutral air.

The only use I can think of is a very situational edgeguard.

If you have a better strategy for it, please share, cause I can never land the **** thing lol.
When peach is floating back, dins is a good pressure tool. When they're floating in general actually. They can't float forever so they might land in the ending lag. Also trust me they won't always cancel it. I played against the 2nd best sm4sh peach and he got hit with dins while floating a few times.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
When peach is floating back, dins is a good pressure tool. When they're floating in general actually. They can't float forever so they might land in the ending lag. Also trust me they won't always cancel it. I played against the 2nd best sm4sh peach and he got hit with dins while floating a few times.
Did you try hopping up and throwing out an uncharged Phantom? I think it could work, but I can't test so I'm not sure.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Thanks, I'll try it. But I'm still a little skeptical to be honest.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Sooo, is this a matchup discussion or a strategy discussion, because it feels like a match up discussion.

Darklightjg1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darklightjg
What's the goto punish when blocking something that pushes the opponent back a little (usually out of grab range)? I don't know exactly how unsafe certain moves are, but they definitely look like they'd be punishable if I could reach them.

Top Bottom