• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Smash Boost

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
It's not worth it for zelda, don't bother.
If she gets any extra distance it's VERY small and basically useless.

That being said, this is one of sheik's most powerful approach strategies.
It sends her flying across the map and crazy speeds and distance.

If you want to practice the technique, get it down with sheik first.
It's very obvious with her if you're doing it correctly or not.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
The slower speed is unnecessary IMO.
If you dash attack with the c-stick, and then hold up+a at almost exactly the same time that will do it.

There's not really much else to say, but that it's almost simultaneous.
Maybe some controller configurations are easier than others.

I play with the wii-mote and nunchuck, and I use the d-pad as a cstick.
That means I use the same thumb to press downsmash and the a button at once.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tomorrow by doing Up + attack and Dash Attack at nearly the same moment.

So as I edited my post earlier, turns out I was doing "all wrong" the whole time because I was doing up + grab, didn't know Sheik's can't be done with up + grab.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I don't think Zelda can do a boost smash at all, actually. Only a few characters can. Dunno, still have to run a few tests. The fact that Sheik needs to be up + attack instead of up + grab is helpful.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
She can do it, she just doesn't benefit from it AT ALL.
It's best to not try to do this with Zelda.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tomorrow by doing Up + attack and Dash Attack at nearly the same moment.

So as I edited my post earlier, turns out I was doing "all wrong" the whole time because I was doing up + grab, didn't know Sheik's can't be done with up + grab.
I had a suspicion that up+grab might have been your problem.
There was a thread in the sheik forum where people went on for like 3 pages about how they were practicing for hours and still couldn't pull it off once because of that :laugh:

Glad I could help.
And yeah.. every character can do this move, it is just useless w/ zelda like I said.

You can tell you're doing it with zelda because the animation is slightly different, but there is virtually no added forward momentum. She's not not a very good approach character.

Thats what dinjin fire is for.. Make everybody else come to you. :chuckle:

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
Ya I was able to do it, and I didn't see much of a difference from doing a up smash out of dash. The method I use is down C to initiate the dash attack then immediately up and Z.

Top Bottom