• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda/Pit Problems

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's just me but these characters are such a pain to fight. Whenever I fight Zelda (not Shiek, just Zelda) She can spam her Din's Fire, which is faster, stronger, and easier to spam with than the Icicles. I try to avoid it, but if I dodge another din's fire is already on its way. As for Pit, he just so annoying. His reach is just far enough that I can't reach him with any of my attacks, and he easliy reflects projectiles. Anyone have some tips I could use?

schof

Smash Rookie
The pit that I play against often isn't wonderful, so if this advice isn't particularly useful, I'm sorry. My strategy with IC against Pit goes something like this;

If pit is on the ground

-Dash towards him
-SH into breath or squall or nair (I mix it up)
-This provokes a shield usually, roll past pit, grab
OR
-roll c-down

If pit is airborn

I find this a little harder(duh its pit) but usually a fake approach followed by a roll or two can get pit to commit. His attacks from the air are strong but not quite fast enough to catch the climbers.

Again it is hard for me to particularly comment on your situation, but the pit I fight against falls to these tactics. Also squall is sweet, all sorts of approaches can benefit from the occasional squall, it seems alot more useful than melee.

I hope my comments werent too vague or obvious. Good luck with Zelda none of my friends play here so I cannot offer any insight.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Zelda is annoying because sometimes the Ice climbers won't both dodge dins fire (very frustrating.)

Don't approach her from above. Her up smash has alot of priority and is a pretty solid move.

I suggest using short hop blizzard alot. Zelda is not a mobile character at all so you'll probably catch her alot with these. Try and alternate blizzards with some grabs, if the Zelda player wises up and uses her shield to block then a grab is pretty easy (Remember to c-stick Nana if she's at a high percent*

Just remember Ice climber players,grabbing is still a great strategy for them unlike some characters.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I find it more effective to shield Din's fire and approach her slowly and if she still won't attack at short range, go for a grab blizzard or a squall hammer to rack up damage. It's also pretty easy to meteor smash her recovery since she isn't invincible when she starts to warp.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Aerials. Use N-airs and B-airs as approaches and you can even use squal hammers as an approach too. The problem with these characters is getting close - once you're in, the priority of your hammers will do the rest easily. Psy.

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
for both chars, remember Arctic breath is your friend in any close/medium range situation, shot hopping it can catch a opponent off guard if they are in the middle of using a projectile, and if you space it right, its impossible to roll behind you, giving u if not an opening atleast an approach to get around the projectile spam.

Top Bottom