• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Impressions

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
So I got to play Brawl last night...some dude in the Gamer's Network here on campus supplied his imported copy of Brawl for all of us to play.

I'm not really go in depth about her moveset and what not cause...you can pretty much find the rest of that stuff here on the boards...

However, I must say that Zelda...definitely handles differently than in Brawl...i think everyone handles differently really, just due to the basic mechanics of movement and physics in the game...but man...it was a significant difference - definitely had to instantly rethink how i maneuvered across the battlefield. I'm so used to dash dancing in Melee...but Brawl doesn't allow for such quick change in direction...and thus i ended up tripping...A LOT.

One major...but awesome thing is that...grabbing smash balls with Zelda is a breeze...2 Din's Fire and bam it's your's. First time i managed to grab a smash ball was on the Melee Corneria stage. I fired her light arrow at the left end of the stage and managed to get all three of my opponents including G-Dorf who was jumping in the air at the right side near the tail...Light arrow went through the fin of the ship...It was pretty sweet. Another time I got a smash ball three times and hit at least 2 people with it each time...it was marvelous.

So yea...that's my two cents so far...I refuse to go back to Melee now...even though Brawl isn't out yet...I feel like it's just gonna be taking so many steps backwards. Melee is a thing of the past now.

If you guys have any questions...ask. I'll try to answer them as best I can. I only played as Zelda though...naturally.

~Twilight~

Smash Rookie
Although the mechanics may be different, overall do you think Zelda has been improved? Did you notice if her lightning kick was easily sweet-spotted?

Top Bottom