• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus Strategy

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if any of these strategies you know about or have been discussed, but I'm going to tell you all anyways.

A great way to deal damage, or to KO someone is to dash, dash attack, d-smash, then any kind of attack to choose. You can even d-smash several times before nailing that last move.

Hope this was helpful for my first strategy.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...Right, well I really wouldn't call that a great strategy or even a combo but I guess it could work

Anyways a good defensive strategy (on mainly FD) I've been working on is as soon as the match begin to throw 1 item immediately up as hard as I can, 1 item down as hard as I can. Since items do knock back and damage even while they bounce this makes a great barrier that cannot hurt you but your enemies, also items can’t get grab items while they are bouncing or if they can it’s fairly hard to do. It’s a great way to make a fairly solid and flexible defense which might be easily the best in the game.

With the last item I either leave it on the ground so I can do a surprise charge with my A attacks when they try to space them selves correctly with a dash attack (which is the only way to break Zamus out of this guard without projectiles which means they trade a weak knock back running attack for getting hit by at least one item, thus allow you to get back to your stash before they either start using them all against you or throwing all of the away) or do a gliding throw toward them into a grab which is a pretty solid way to approach with Zamus

If they decide to be defensive as well or just never really try to break your guard then throws the last item into the defense so it won’t disappear or off the side of the course just in case.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
With my armor pieces I tend to chuck 1 or 2 off the edge so that my opponents can't use them at all. Then I monopolize my last piece and just mess with them until they get it and throw it off the edge or it disappears.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
I've killed a lot of people in the first 5 seconds of the game using that strategy.
Another strategy I found for battlefield, which idiots pick as levels, use her tether to launch them above the platform and keep using it continously, until your opponent escapes.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah, that's what I usually do if there platforms, Deliciouscake but if I can then I like to use them in that fashion instead. I’ve actually gotten a lot of low percentage kills this way; also it’s fun to see how my enemies will try to break though.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
try Pillaring with Dsmash + Dsmash > UpB > Dsmash etc. (just make sure ur close for it all to connect)
its actually pretty easy to do, just time the Dsmash right - and u can keep them stunned for a long time if its all done well, but im not sure if they can DI out of it since they are stunned most of the whole combo. Always do 2 Dsmashs and if u think u might be a bit too far or think u wont connect UpB in time - go for Neutral B to keep them stunned longer to set up.

and Glide toss with her Xformation parts as well. And use Fsmash if some1 is behind u cuz it hits from behind also. When doing Dthrow > Aerial combos try Nair once in a while as a mindgame - since they might DI out of Uair, Bair, Fair.

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
Does anyone know how to deal with Zelda? Her downsmash is just so fast and her Din's fire is rather annoying and comes out faster than my stun gun >_<

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to deal with Zelda? Her downsmash is just so fast and her Din's fire is rather annoying and comes out faster than my stun gun >_<
Well, if you're rather close to her, down+b and knock her back? If that doesn't help, dodge. :bee:

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
My main strategy consists around stuning them to a down throw to a u-air, then i can juggle them acouple times with my u-air till tryint to bring them down with my up-b, after hte up-b if im lucky i can get a d-tilt in or a u-tilt and start the process over. Other than that i use the stun gun a lot in the air, cus if they connect i can follow with any of her aerials and if it doesnt connect its fairly hard for them to hit you unless they were two steps ahead and knew where you were gonna land

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
...Right, well I really wouldn't call that a great strategy or even a combo but I guess it could work

Anyways a good defensive strategy (on mainly FD) I've been working on is as soon as the match begin to throw 1 item immediately up as hard as I can, 1 item down as hard as I can. Since items do knock back and damage even while they bounce this makes a great barrier that cannot hurt you but your enemies, also items can’t get grab items while they are bouncing or if they can it’s fairly hard to do. It’s a great way to make a fairly solid and flexible defense which might be easily the best in the game.

With the last item I either leave it on the ground so I can do a surprise charge with my A attacks when they try to space them selves correctly with a dash attack (which is the only way to break Zamus out of this guard without projectiles which means they trade a weak knock back running attack for getting hit by at least one item, thus allow you to get back to your stash before they either start using them all against you or throwing all of the away) or do a gliding throw toward them into a grab which is a pretty solid way to approach with Zamus

If they decide to be defensive as well or just never really try to break your guard then throws the last item into the defense so it won’t disappear or off the side of the course just in case.

Hmm i'll have to try that...interesting.
I have been getting much better with my ZSS..

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Zerio Suit Samus has the one of the best "anti-edgeguarding" attack--her down b. It's amazing what it can do and the knock-back your opponent gets. I've KO'd a lot with just that attack, and staying in the game.

Top Bottom