• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus' problem enemies?

Zenithal

Smash Rookie
OK, I know its somewhat impolite to ask someone about their weakness, but I figured I'd try it anyway. My roomie plays ZSS and I usually main Snake or TL, both about as well, but I like to mix it up and play as everyone a little bit, with the exception of ZSS since I don't like copying :p

Anyway, it seems no matter who I play, even MK or Sonic, ZSS is about ten times faster than me. Plus the armor throwing in the beginning <shudder>. I mean, seriously, she's fast, that whip has absurd range and stun capabilities, and she can KO better than anyone else of her speed/weight class. Grr... Anyway, I digress.

It seems strong chars are too slow to fight her, and light, fast ones get KO'ed at absurdly low percentages. Now, it could be that he out-skills me, but in reality is there anyone ZSS has trouble dealing with?

Any help thanked in advance.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
More like we don't wish to share >_<

Don't give up Zamus has plenty of weakness just like any other character. The most obvious being in her very high short hop and her difficulties of killing in the lower percentages.

That’s all your getting from me, best wishes ^-^

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I have trouble facing Falco when I'm playing as zamus. One blocked suit piece with the reflector is annoying enough to throw me off for the rest of the stock. Falco's lasers are annoying too. Just fight in his face with nairs, jab combo, or any other attacks that make falco spin like a ******** ballerina. Falco's dthrow also combos better than zamus' dthrow.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
A good Ike (hard to find nowadays), Falco, Toon and Marth.

Thats about as solid as a counter it can get atm. As long as I'm not missing anybody. Maybe Lucas.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I've learned to hate Olimars, myself. 'course everyone hates Olimar.

It's just really hard to get in close for damage. You're forced to use the side-B often, which isn't something to rely on for damage like it should be for KOing. Then even in the air, his moves are fast and his down-B has some super armor.
Yeah, Olimar isn't fun to play against.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Olimar is it for me, really. Most other characters are easy to mindgame.

Eten

Smash Ace
Sonic, lol.

Me vs. Sonic. I shoot a weak stun shot. FASTER DASH ATTACK! Sonic has no follow up. Oops, fine. He's in range for a quick dash attack. Sonic runs away! FASTER DASH ATTACK. Urgh, I'll just shield it next time. "You're too slow! You're too slow!"
What the? I'm a gonna kill you! Sonic then proceeds to dash through my over-B then uses the homing attack.

Just bleah. He's not actually dangerous at all, he's just ANNOYING.

scyldmaegden

Smash Rookie
Ike.

Okay, that could just be because lately when I've been training myself up to play Zero Suit, I've been playing against my boyfriend who always plays as Ike and no matter how much damage I do to him he ALWAYS seems to knock me out before I can get him. > < Seriously, the fight usually goes something like PARALYZE KICK GRAB THROW INTO AIR WHIP GET HIT AROUND A FEW TIMES RECOVER PARALYZE GET HIT AROUND AGAIN WHIP THROW KICK and then out of nowhere IKE SMASH and I die. :(

Eten

Smash Ace
Heh. That's Ike. You gotta be patient for Ike, really. Keep just out of range and get him with your longer range moves and stun shots until he makes a mistake or makes the first move, build up damage while you can, then as soon as you lose it, get out and do it all over again. This makes it much less likely he'll get any hits on you.

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
I think it is real simple, just knock her off the edge and edge grab so she cant tether. Also ZSS lacks range so a heavy range spammer would work well fighting her. I play ZSS as my secondary char, TL as my first and my friend play marth, as so far, nobody or char I have fought has been more annoying than marth... granted he is a good marth :)

Top Bottom