• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus Combos you are working on?

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
I actually see some good comboing potentia in Zamusl as far as Brawl will allow. A combo I have been experimenting with is Sdown, DThrow, UAir, UAir

You have to time the UAir right or else the other character will have a chance to dodge. At lower percentages this works quite nicely. There are other offshoots from this combo.

I haven't had the time to search for combos like I did back in Melee, but I can say out of all the characters that Zamus has a lot of potential.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
I should have specified. I was trying to see if there are different combos that can be worked into from the combo I listed before.

That DSmash provides a lot of combo potential.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
I don't know about combos that can be worked into from your combo, but a combo that I really like is dash attack, dtilt, uair, bair/uair. It's very situational, but it looks sexy when pulled off.

I actually believe her dash attack->dtilt is a great combo starter as long as you don't get shield grabbed.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
Anyone have a combo that implements her side b?
The thing about her side b is that there's a lot of lag before she attacks, so I usually use prediction when I use that move. If anything, maybe either d-smash -> side b or hold down her neutral b -> side b may work, though I haven't really been able to land it that way because of her wind up lag.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The thing about her side b is that there's a lot of lag before she attacks, so I usually use prediction when I use that move. If anything, maybe either d-smash -> side b or hold down her neutral b -> side b may work, though I haven't really been able to land it that way because of her wind up lag.
Ya it was one of my initial plans to use ZSS as my secondary to Sheik, but i'm finding it really hard to finish good players off, also with her horrible short hop I have to readjust my playing style.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
Ya it was one of my initial plans to use ZSS as my secondary to Sheik, but i'm finding it really hard to finish good players off, also with her horrible short hop I have to readjust my playing style.
Maybe they'll decide on heavy brawl to be the competitive standard. ZSS's short hop is WAY better in heavy brawl than in normal brawl... Not the best, but at least it becomes useful.

The only three kill moves I consistently kill with are her uair, bair, and side b. Besides her side b, her uair and bair don't have much range due to her skinny legs, but they're much quicker to attack with than her side b of course. Her bair is probably her best kill move if you manage to land it.

Edit: I actually change my mind to her uair as being the best KO move because it's a really quick attack with a pretty big hitbox. The only thing is that you'd need your opponent to be pretty high in the air or at a pretty high percentage for it to actually kill. And I just realized how much combo potential her up b has after watching a couple videos.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
D-tilt, Uair, up B, U-tilt, Up B, U-tilt, Up B, Uair or Bair.

Most of this will depend on where ur opponent is and how he DI's. The rest is up to you. I have successfully done this at least twice in a match. .

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I actually change my mind to her uair as being the best KO move because it's a really quick attack with a pretty big hitbox. The only thing is that you'd need your opponent to be pretty high in the air or at a pretty high percentage for it to actually kill. And I just realized how much combo potential her up b has after watching a couple videos.
Yes that Up B seems like it can be very good for combing because the direction it sends the target if it hits.

Top Bottom