• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus armor

Ørion

Smash Ace
This really depends on your play style and your opponent. Some of the people I play tend to hang back till you make a move, so I sometimes throw away two of the pieces (so I'm not distracted by them and the opponent can't get them) and then do a distracting attack (maybe a paralyzer shot) then throw it really fast so they do not dodge it. Once you get your first hit, its easier to combo them.

Crimsonjassic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2049-1304
I find that sometimes I can screw up their game a bit by just holding onto a suit piece and not throwing it. This tactic works well against chracters with reflectors 'cause your opponent will want to reflect your suit piece at you. Instead of throwing it, hold onto it and hit them with your Side B when they use their reflect move. :3

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Like Ørion said it really depends on your fighting style and your opponent so I’ll just list a few basic strategies I generally use.

I find it a good idea if you’re fighting someone whom has a charging up B move would be to wait for them to start charging the attack at the beginning of the match and quick throw two items at them. If they roll backward or forward they will be most likely be hit without proper timing.
Edit: It was brought to my attention that this plan is not a very good idea when fighting someone in real life or even really online. Look down the page for Garde reasoning why. All I can say to this is"my bad"

If I'm fighting someone with poor range or none to speak of on a stage where I don't start on a platform then I quickly smash throw one item up, one down, and then either pick up the last piece and wait for an opening of some sort or throw it into the defense. This set up is very flexible and effective against most characters.

I’ve yet to come up with what I would deem a “good plan” on stationary platform levels where you spawn on a platform. Usually my goal on these levels is try to ditch all but one of my items as quickly as possible without getting punished by doing so. The reason for this is because it’s extremely hard to keep all your suit pieces in motion without being very predictable or to keep your opponents away from them.

That’s all I got,

Vro

Smash Lord
Ditching pieces can be valuable if you know they're going to be used against you. I find that pressuring with two pieces is effective, especially with roll + throw.

Saving a piece on the field can generate attention. Guard it with your disjointed hitboxes and save the piece for an off the stage KO.

Garde

Smash Ace
Tristan, there's one major problem with throwing 2 items at a character who's charging a B move that can be stored. The problem is that you're assuming they'll roll from it. Every character that can roll while charging a move of theirs can also shield cancel (and store) that same move (i.e. DK, Samus, Lucario, Sheik, Mario, Squirtle, and probably others I'm not thinking of), which makes throwing items at them while they're charging dangerous. As long as your opponents don't know that, then yes, your strategy works. If you play against opponents that do know that, they'll have 2 items sitting at their feet AND a somewhat charged move stored.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan, there's one major problem with throwing 2 items at a character who's charging a B move that can be stored. The problem is that you're assuming they'll roll from it. Every character that can roll while charging a move of theirs can also shield cancel (and store) that same move (i.e. DK, Samus, Lucario, Sheik, Mario, Squirtle, and probably others I'm not thinking of), which makes throwing items at them while they're charging dangerous. As long as your opponents don't know that, then yes, your strategy works. If you play against opponents that do know that, they'll have 2 items sitting at their feet AND a somewhat charged move stored.
^-^;

Bah, my constant online play is starting to effect my advise.

Since shield timing is more difficult online then off most people I've found learn to chose to roll over shielding in such a scenario but you are right Garde... I should of at least mention that.

I'll edit my post.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
honestly just throw them out. its dumb when people use the armor pieces against you and you die hella fast. Throw the ITEMS out people.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
I usually use only the gun piece (after ditching the other two) and end up fighting the first stock using solely B moves and the gun. I usually use the armor to punish rolls, rack up damage when i manage to stun them and crush recoveries. If you can get accustomed to IMMEDIATELY grabbing the armor out of the air you can make it last almost the entire match. In the tournament I was in over the weekend I managed to DESTROY a marth taking 0 damage for the entire first and most of his second stock...granted he was garbage but you would be surprised how it can change that first stock.

and this goes out to the armor haters...I'LL DITCH MY ARMOR WHEN DIDDY DITCHES HIS BANANAS, DDD DITCHES HIS WADDLE DEES AND SNAKE DITCHES HIS NADES...TILL THEN GO TO HELL

AsuraWeapon

Smash Cadet
i find that item dropping (mostly in the air) is the ultimate tactic with her armor... it's great for goading opponents into a direction you want if you drop the piece the distance of their roll-dodge in front or behind them, and dropping it right above them is great if you want to nail them with a side-B IF they roll away...

also, the armor pieces bounce for so long that most players don't know it will still damage them as it's barely moving, and you'll automatically pick up the bouncing armor if you do almost any non-B attack within range of it...

my roommates are all quite good, one of them definitely better with Lucas and Olimar than i am with Zamus, but i can still get a 70-90% lead with an armor-drop assault...

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
i usually throw two out and then keep the last one and keep throwing it up to keep it in play while i fight

CPhame

Smash Rookie
I find that throwing one down works well. It keeps it in motion, while still staying nearby for you to throw again. Its kind of like juggling; you can throw all three of them down. It doesn't work well on stages that aren't horizontal though.

Its more of a baiting tactic than anything.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I usually just juggle the pieces by throwing all 3 of them downwards at the start of a match. When my opponent makes a move (be it run, shoot lasers with Fox/Falco, charge attacks, or attempt mindgames), i throw one of the 3 pieces at them right after I see him try anything funny.

It's nice to juggle your pieces, since they bounce for a long while, preventing random dash-attacks and smashes at the start of the match... And if they grab the piece or block it, I just grab one and dont let go and try to get them when they're vulnerable (or counter the piece they throw at me, then throw the third one)... Then i just go to where the pile of pieces is and mindgame again!

Usually my pieces get thrown off the stage rather than back at me, tho... But when they're not, whatever your strategy is, you could even KO an opponent before you go over 25% in the first stock of the match! I find this to be amazingly nice. :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Throw two off and use the third for combos (Throw one to the left of the person, hit them left into it, back into another hit left, etc.

Top Bottom