• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Z-Air Not Working?

dropdragon

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to "git gud" with Samus on FG and one thing that's really been annoying me is the fact that her Zair isn't always working. Usually it executes fine but sometimes (especially when I'm off the edge) when I grab mid-air I just execute a dodge/Dair/Fair, which can make some approaches/recveries useless and has even led to some very frustrating deaths. This is on 3DS. Am I screwing something up here?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
If you're in tumble (where she's spinning as she's falling) you have to airdodge before you can zair. Luckily you can cancel an airdodge with zair so just hit airdodge > grab to tether. Note that cancelling an airdodge with zair on stage makes you take airdodge landing lag

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Zair is life, zair is love. Zair has 8 frames of landing lag. It's super disjointed. It's a great getup option. It's a great approach option in the form of SH Zair and Full jump FF Zair. It's a great retreating option. It chews through all weak projectiles and still threatens the opponent. At around 100% on many characters it creates a tech chase for charge shot. I also zair to charge shot a lot off stage even though it is kinda slow.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Yea I also found out that tumble causes this issue, but ive also been out of tumble and she'll air dodge anyway. the worst is fair.. that causes lots of problems when trying to recover. for the most part when I'm out of tumble I'm fine, but in FG I find it'll screw with me randomly.

Top Bottom