• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Z air bug when recovering

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
FG 1v1 seems to be the only place that this happens. When trying to recover with Z air sometimes it will do F or N air instead, and into the hole Samus goes, as if I had hit A instead of Z.

I've tried different controllers and button configs, yet this still happens. Anyone else having this issue or is my copy cursed? I haven't seen any other threads.

♥ Rd0Lg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rider0fLightning
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
This was present in Brawl too. Basically, the game recognizes zAir as L+A. Something in the buffer can't understand this when in tumble (the state you are in after hitstun) so it simply recognizes it as A. The best way to avoid this is to do a move/jump after getting hit. I like to use Bomb recovery to get a tab bit of extra recovery as it is.

Beard Hawk

Smash Apprentice
Rd0Lg is right. When you are in your tumble animation your grapple doesn't work. Throw out a neutral air or any other move and you'll be out of tumble and free to grapple again.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
When in tumble with samus you can use a bomb or air attack and THEN go into zair, or you can simply airdodge then hit A to bring the beam out at a tiny delay.

Top Bottom