• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YYG help

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
So I've been working on my Ness and I'm trying to get the YYG down. How do I know when I did it correctly? Whats the easiest thing to do to test? Is it one of the jackets? Or the deadline or whatever its called?

Thanks
JNorm

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Tyr doing it in training mode. After you think you have done it, do NOT move. Open the training mode menu and spawn any item you can hit 9bombs, shells, freezies). If the item is hit while you are still in the menu, you have done it.

As for real battles, there is no real way to tell. Just try to go for anything and hope you did it. IMO, spike jacket and deathlines are easiest.

Pine

Smash Ace
What do you mean: "If the item is hit while you are still in the menu, you have done it." Do they hit the hitbox on the ground and rebound/explode?

((Posting from a friends comp))

JNorm

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, if you YYG, a trapbox is set at you feet right? If you stay still after YYGing and spawn an item in training mode, it spawns at your feet. When it does, if the item can be hit, it will be since it has just spawned onto a hitbox. It will be hit while you are still in the training mode menu.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Ok, So I'm trying to hit it on a fox. I get him to about 50 or something and down throw him and try to hit him with the yo yo on his way down. Is this a good idea? Is there a better way to practice?

JNorm

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight you coulda just asked for help in the actual thread. And not make a new topic.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
I was just trying the down throw cause that was in the Simna guide and thats all I could find to go by.

I'll try it, thanks. Whats a good damage for fox to be at?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
If you space yourself properly, Fox can be at any damage and still get popped up to a considerable height (enough for the yoyo to only hit him once). ^_^ Remember, spacing is the most important thing here. And then timing.

Top Bottom