• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You've met with an unexpected character, haven't you? (Happy Mask Salesman For DLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
HAPPY MASK SALESMAN!

Bet you didn't see this one coming!
After seeing the Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt on the official roster, how 'bout seeing an unexpected DLC character?
Mine would be the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask. After all, there's that 3D remake being released this year.

HMS is such a mysterious character, people have been talking about him since 2000. Yet, he has some sort of potential of being a playable character. Using masks to perform attacks is, imo, an interesting idea. Young Link could do it, but too many of his traditional attacks (like the sword and arrows) would have to be replaced. Also, transforming into different races would go against limitations. HMS doesn't have or need any swords or arrows. He uses masks that have magical powers: the powers of the Deku, Goron, and Zora races.
Note: HMS as DLC may not happen, but support anyway! (Just like for King K. Rool!)

MOVESET:

Trailer Tagline: Happy Mask Salesman... wait, what?!

ENTRANCE:
Walks with his mask bag and takes it off.

ALTERNATE PALLETTES:
Purple (default)
Dark Green
Red
Blue
Skull Kid Costume
Kafei Costume
Tingle Costume
Black (alt trophy)

REGULAR:
Standard Ground: (Deku Mask) Shoots a deku seed in a short range.
Side Ground: (Zora Mask) Three button combo: Slashes with his fins twice on the first two buttons and kicks on the last.
Dash Ground: (Deku Mask) Twirls three times.
Up Ground: (Deku Mask) Shoots a deku seed upwards. Again, short range.
Down Ground: (Zora Mask) Jabs with his fin.
Standard Aerial: (Goron Mask) Spins in a ball.
Front Side Aerial: (Zora Mask) Slashes upwards with his fins.
Back Side Aerial: (Goron Mask) Thrusts his back forward.
Up Aerial: (Zora Mask) Spins his fins upwards like a propeller.
Down Aerial: (Deku Mask) Shoots a deku seed downwards in a short range.

SMASH:
Side Smash: (Goron Mask) Punches with a powerful uppercut.
Up Smash: (Zora Mask) X-scissors upwards with his fins.
Down Smash (Goron Mask) Turns into a ball and slams the ground.

SWIMS WITH THE ZORA MASK

CAN'T CRAWL

CAN'T WALLJUMP

WHEN DIZZY, HE GOES INTO THE SAME CRAZY POSE HE DID IN MAJORA'S MASK.

GRABS:
Hit: Shakes the opponent.
Front: Kicks the opponent away.
Back: (Deku Mask) Twirls once then throws the opponent away.
Up: (Zora Mask) Does a somersault and throws the opponent up in the air.
Down (Goron Mask) Rolls and grinds the opponent just like Sonic.

SPECIAL:
Standard 1: (Deku Bubble) Blows a bubble and shoots it. The longer it charges, the bigger and stronger the bubble will be. However, if it's charged too long, it'll just pop and nothing will happen.
Standard 2: (Deku Bubble Bomb) Blows a more powerful bubble, but has a shorter range: the bubble won't go anywhere, it'll explode once the B button is released.
Standard 3: (Deku Bubble Bullet) Blows a weaker and smaller bubble, but will shoot out faster.
Side 1: (Goron Roller) Spins in a ball and rolls to the left or right.
Side 2: (Goron Racer) Charges in a ball and then rolls fast with spikes.
Side 3: (Goron Rammer) Rolls in a shorter range but will hit hard. However, it'll hurt HMS.
Up 1: (Deku Flight) Lifts up completely vertically in the air and uses his flower parachutes. If he chooses to go down fast, he'll be in his helpless form.
Up 2: (Deku Fall) Lifts up in the air and can move diagonally during this. However, he can't use his parachutes.
Up 3: (Deku Flower) Must be on the ground to perform this attack. He digs into the flower and boosts up with his parachutes. This blast off is more powerful than the other 2.
Down 1: (Elegy Of Emptiness) Charges on the ground or in midair while being still leaving him vunerable to attacks, but after 6 seconds, a statue will appear. It has no use on the ground but has powerful knockback if it falls in the air.
Down 2: (Zora's Emptiness) Charges for only 3 seconds, but the Zora statue's knockback is weaker.
Down 3: (Goron's Emptiness) Charges for 9 seconds, but the Goron statue's knockback is stronger and can one-hit KO an opponent if they are close enough to the edge of the screen.
Note: There's also the Deku statue, but it's gonna be the only statue not in Smash due to being useless.

FINAL SMASH:
Dons Majora's Mask, starts to shake in agony, and screams skywards as purple mist flows up to the sky and a smaller variant of the Moon falls down crashing into the battlefield. When the moon hits you, it has the same KO power as Marth and Lucina's final smashes.

TAUNT:
Up Taunt: Shows off one of the 20 other masks:
*=It'll be very rare for that to happen.

Postman's Hat: "Ka-ching" sound plays.
All-Night Mask: Crow caws.
Blast Mask: Explodes hurting HMS but can hurt the other fighters too.*
Stone Mask: Turns HMS invisible for a short time.*
Great Fairy Mask: Stray Fairy detecting jingle plays.
Keaton Mask: Keaton appearing jingle plays.
Bremen Mask: Small excerpt of the Bremen song plays.
Bunny Hood: Wears it like the item.*
Don Gero Mask: Frog ribbits.
Mask of Scents: Pig snorts.
Romani Mask: Cow moos.
Circus Leader's Mask: Tears fall from the eyes.
Kafei's Mask: Small excerpt of the Inside the House theme plays.
Couple's Mask: Small excerpt of Anju's and Kafei's Reunion theme plays.
Mask of Truth: Gossip Stone's "boing" sound plays.
Kamaro's Mask: Small and fast excerpt of Kamaro's theme plays.
Gibdo's Mask: Redead moans.
Garo's Mask: Blowing winds are heard.
Captain's Hat: Starchild shouts.
Giant's Mask: Same effect as the Super Mushroom: turns HMS into a giant.*

Side Taunt: Chuckles with his hand on his cheek.
Down Taunt: Bows down with glee.

KIRBY MASK:
The same eyes, eyebrows, and orange hair.

BOXING RING SUBTITLE:
The Mysterious Grinning Guy

CROWD FAVORITE:
Hap-py Mask!

VICTORY MUSIC:
Small excerpt of the Song of Healing.

VICTORY POSES:
1: Chortles and bows down infinite times.
2: Looks away from the viewer, says (in text) "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?", turns around to face the viewer, and then (vocally) chuckles.
3: Has the Majora's Mask in his hands and holds it up in the air.

PALUTENA'S GUIDANCE (If they're gonna do the guidance for DLC characters):
Pit: Who the heck is that smiling guy?!
Palutena: Nobody knows his real name, but he's simply known as the Happy Mask Salesman.
Pit: He doesn't look like someone who'd be suitable for Smash.
Palutena: He may seem like an innocent and cheerful fellow, Pit, but his masks have the powers to change the world. We don't know his true origins. We do, however, know about the powers of his masks.
Viridi: That creep has three special masks in fact. With the Deku mask, he can shoot bubbles, with the Goron mask, he can roll like a ball, and with the Zora Mask, he'll have fins as weapons.
Pit: Doesn't he also have Majora's Mask?
Viridi: Majora's Mask was stolen by a Skull Kid, wasn't it? He used it to bring the Moon to impact the world in 72 hours.
Palutena: The salesman got the mask back, Viridi, and you can't control it if you wear it. It can control you!
Pit: Impact the world?! It can control whoever wears it?! I... I just hope he doesn't put it on his face... I'd rather revive Hades!

SMASH TOUR ITEM SOUND:
HMS chuckles.

DLC STAGE: Great Bay from Melee (Wii U)

MUSIC FOR GREAT BAY:
Saria's Song (Melee)
Termina Fields (Brawl)
Song of Healing/Final Hours (New)
Clock Town (New)
Mini Boss theme (Majora's Mask)
Majora's Theme Medley (New)
Great Sea (Brawl)
Molgera Battle (Brawl)
Nayru's Song (New)

EQUIPMENTS:
Stone/Big/Fiery Goron Fists (Brawn)
Child's/Lightweight/Miniature Mask Bag (Speed)
Joyful/Flashy/Rainbow Smiling Mask (Defense)

CONGRATULATIONS SCREENS:
3DS Classic: Jogs in a Bunny Hood with Captain Falcon and Sonic.
3DS All-Star: Both HMS and Little Mac do uppercuts.
Wii U Classic: Dons a Keaton Mask to tease Pikachu.
Wii U All-Star: Wearing Majora's Mask, HMS screams in midair within purple mist with the "Great Bay" Moon in the background.

That's all! Hope you liked this, guys!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd be up for it.

I love weird and quirky characters and he'd have a pretty fun and creative moveset.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
So far, we've got Wintropy supporting this thread and over 50 views.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I uploaded pictures into this thread.

BTW, I didn't really want HMS to be playable THAT badly. I just uploaded a fanmade moveset for fun. You guys can still look and enjoy (and even support) this character.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I like playing Wii Fit Trainer so I can tell my friends I beat them because they're not fit.

The ability to tell them they've met with a terrible fate, haven't they when I win is too much to resist.

Support.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd like to have my thread back for sure, I don't know about any merging, though.
Well I've unlocked it either way.
So I suppose it's only fair to lock this one, so @ 3D Dillon 3D Dillon feel free to share anything you want from this topic onto the other one. I'll be locking this later today once I know Dillon saves what is necessary from the OP.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Now that I know there's another HMS thread made earlier, I'd be happy to have my moveset in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom