• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YouTube Pet Peeves

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ray William Johnson has over 2 million subscribers, he's alright at first, until you realize he has a copy and paste formula and the same unfunny humour for every video.
I rarely watch him anymore.

There seems to be a lot of "make-up gurus" now lol

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
-When people have really pointless videos with little views and yet they have like 1000's of subscribers and millions of comments. Apparently quality videos just doesn't cut it anymore. What do they do, beg each other sub4sub?

-Expecting a comment from quite possibly the best video you've ever made, but instead, you get a shared video. What's the point? I'm not gonna watch it. Go away.

-Youtube changing every 5 **** seconds.

YoshiPerp

Smash Rookie
YT needs better user interface... Here's what I mean:

Video Link

A fine video, but the interface clutters it, could be much cleaner and should be IMHO.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
When people say "X amount of people who pressed dislike are ________"

BSP

Smash Legend
The 90% chance that you will see some kind of really stupid comment. There are dumb comments, but some people just make some reaally stupid comments.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
When I'm searching for a scene from a movie/show, then when I find it the audio is replaced with an irrelevant song. And is it just me, or is it almost always Lincoln Park?

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
The 90% chance that you will see some kind of really stupid comment. There are dumb comments, but some people just make some reaally stupid comments.
Yes, and over half of the stupid comments are just people saying curse words repeatedly. I mean, i have no problem with cussing once in a while, but these people use them in every sentence they use.

I also don't like when people overuse annotations. In fact, i don't like when people use annotations at all.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
youtube comments are ridiculous, people like to take advantage of the anonymity of the internet and try to be tough guys online

BSP

Smash Legend
When I'm searching for a scene from a movie/show, then when I find it the audio is replaced with an irrelevant song. And is it just me, or is it almost always Lincoln Park?
I forgot to mention this. This is a big one too. If i wanted to hear the song, i would've searched for the song wouldn't I ? >_>

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
1) Advertisements :/
2) Videos that are misleading, aka Rick Rolls or not having anything to do with the title.
3) Comments that beg for thumbs up, "Thumb this up if you ________"
4) Consistent haters, the ones who thumb down every new video that is uploaded from someone they don't like, it only gives the uploaders more views.
5) Over-hyped YouTubers, such as RayWilliamJohnson, all he does is use overused meme's about videos his fans send him, anyone could do it.

And... that is the majority :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Misleading video titles/previews.

Intro videos. Especially 40 second long intros for a 2 minute (including intro) long video. KC-MM is guilty of that, unfortunately.. Their videos are decent otherwise.

Things being taken down, both by the original poster, and by copyright trolls.

And of course, Youtube comments.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
F5 not working anymore :(
what?
works for me.

You sure you don't have the focus in the flash part? Just click somewhere else and then press F5.

also
Watching the video in full screen and it loads again... =/
Do you have it set to automatically change to the best quality when going full screen? If yes, then obv it has to reload the video.

Top Bottom