• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on Squ/Ivy/Cha attacks (cf Z/S)

A.S.H

Smash Rookie
Zelda forum has a great thread at http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189123

Tell us how you feel about the move. Do you like it ? Do you add this move to your moveset when you play competitively ? Did you found something useful about that move ? Anything to share? Want a coffee ?

Discuss... and/or feel free to Copy/Paste all, or part of the following;

ZELDA
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
A:
A Combo:
A Jab:
Dash A:

Fsmash:
Usmash:
Dsmash:

Ftilt:
Utilt:
Dtilt:

Nair:
Fair:
Bair:
Uair:
Dair:

Neutral Special:
Side Special:
Up Special:
Down Special:

Grab:
Dash Grab:
Pummel:
Fthrow:
Bthrow:
Uthrow:
Dthrow:

Spotdodge:
Froll:
Broll:

Utaunt:
Ftaunt:
Dtaunt:

ATs:

SHEIK
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
A :
A Combo :
A Jab:
Dash A:

Fsmash:
Usmash:
Dsmash:

Ftilt:
Utilt:
Dtilt:

Nair:
Fair:
Bair:
Uair:
Dair:

Neutral Special:
Side Special:
Up Special:
Down Special:

Grab:
Dash Grab:
Pummel:
Fthrow:
Bthrow:
Uthrow:
Dthrow:

Spotdodge:
Froll:
Broll:

Utaunt:
Ftaunt:
Dtaunt:

ATs:

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

ZELDA
¬¬¬¬
A : Much better than melee
A Combo : None
A Jab: None
Dash A: Strong move, on the Slow side

Fsmash: Not bad as a KOer
Usmash: Can combo into itself, Strong Star KO move
Dsmash: Fast smash move, Efficient on edges

Ftilt: Not bad for a tilt
Utilt: Great for a tilt, Can KO most in early 100s%
Dtilt: High chance of tripping, Spike from knee to heel, Can infinite on some walls

Nair: Bad priority but can punish well
Fair: Weaker than melee on sourspot, Way better when sweetspotted, Has a time-stop effect
Bair: Weaker than melee on sourspot, Way better when sweetspotted, Has a time-stop effect
Uair: It is far more dangerous than in melee, one of the most reliable KO moves for Zelda
Dair: Weak when sourspotted but the 3rd strongest spike when sweetspotted*, Lightning Kick effect only affects airborne enemies, not those on the ground

Neutral Special: Nayru's Love; longer reflect duration, reliable reflector, always sends enemies in front of you, deals decent damage, crystal seems smaller
Side Special: Huge final hitbox, much faster traveling speed, detonates faster, will always explode even if Zelda's hit, much more reliable projectile, can be used for ATs (Jump+ Din'sFire to the ground to free yourself from IC's chaingrab...)
Up Special: Hits on both casting and impact, can be used for mindgames, makes up for lower than average running speed, casting move always sends the opponent in the same manner, impact deals fire damage and is under-rated as a move
Down Special: Transform; best move in the game. Period.

Grab: Awesome animation. Definatly better than melee's.
Dash Grab: Seems better. Anyone could confrim/deconfirm?
Pummel: idk... nice fx tho
Fthrow: Seems weaker than melee, still not bad, better than Bthrow this time ?!

Dthrow: Seems somewhat good for chasing,

Spotdodge: Somewhat easy learning curve, I guess.

Utaunt: [Shooting Star] I think it looks awkward with her dress... I dont use it unless I wanna Taunt (Sheik's Utaunt is her handstand thing and it says: FUN FUN FUN!)
Ftaunt: [Element of Fire] Her coolest looking one. Impressive and somewhat mystic. When I do it it says SHOW ME WHATCHU GOT
Dtaunt: [Buh Bye] Soooooooooo mean. Who would have expected Zelda to do that? Lol... whenever I do the ''buh bye'' taunt, it says CIAO!

SHEIK
¬¬¬¬
A : Fast reliable close-range move
A Combo : Can combo into itself
A Jab: Can rack up tremendous damage when the enemy is badly cornered
Dash A: Fast move with many uses

Fsmash: Second hit has increased knockback since melee, first hit drags the opponent into the 2nd one
Usmash: Best KO move, can be ''hyphen smashed'' (run+usmash), more damage and significantly increased knockback, less landing lag, increased knockback on the sides
Dsmash: Great defensive move with long priority time, slightly less knockback than in melee, fast and reliable move

Ftilt: Can tilt lock and make your opponent swear
Utilt: Increased knockback on the second hit
Dtilt: Useful move, average on priority and power but fast and unpredictable

Nair: Perhaps Sheik's most reliable aerial move
Fair: Nerfed since melee, still an efficient move
Bair: Great aerial when sweetspotted, okay aerial when sourspotted
Uair: Better juggle move but less potent as a KO move
Dair: Not bad Stall-then-Fall dair, useful at time like for mindgames, can result in SDs for n00bs lol...

Neutral Special: Needle Storm is an easy 18%.... its damage significantly decreases if you uses it too often or twice in a row. Great for gimping or easy damage. Can be reflected.
Side Special: The chain has several tricks (chain jacket...) but essentially, it is a better move than in melee, it can deal ridiculous damage if you smash it in the south/southeast direction very quickly, or any other direction as long as you move it fast in a very small area, it can deal up to 30-70% in only a few seconds... still there is a noticeable learning curve to that move but it can be a pain in the *** when the dude knows what he's doing... the Chain is also a Tether Recovery move...
Up Special: Vanish.... mmmmmm vanish... okay first this move is delicious. Second, it is ****ing humiliating to die by this move because it doesnt even look like a move. Sheik just disappears and then... blam, you die. It is Sheik's 2nd best KO move and it has an amazing animation. Also a great recovery move with lots of invincibility frames. There are so few tricks you can do with Vanish... just check out youtube and sheik's tricks part one or..two whatever ..
Down Special: Transform into Zelda ? That's because I need power. **** off Sheik's amazing style (for now) I must KO that *****...

Dash Grab: Not bad
Pummel: Always pummel your foe when you are Sheik... her grab and throws aren't that powerful...
Dthrow: The throw I always use, idk why... should I use another throw ?

Spotdodge: Her spotdodge is **** fast, that's harder against Tabuu than most characters imo

Utaunt: FUN FUN FUN - As Sheik handstands
Ftaunt: SHOW ME WHATCHU GOT - Sheik's drags her chain out
Dtaunt: CIAO! - Sheik's annoyed melee taunt

ATs: TILTLOCK FTW... JAB LOCK MAY BE EVEN BETTER ? nah maybe just vs casual gamers.... i dont think Sheik's jab can seriously piss off professional players, can it ?

*First being Ganon's dair and 2nd being Ness' dair
Wonderful way to present info on all the different personas of a character, whilst also getting different people's assessments.

Zelda/Sheik players don't even need to switch between personas in the way that Pokémon trainer does but they're doing this.

As I've said previously (although my thread seems to have been deleted) there's a massive load of information to try to absorb for PT who's essentially 3 characters in 1. I am not an experienced PT player, but I'd like to learn. However, I've been disappointed that there's very few threads that deal with PT in a holistic manner. I repeat, I understand the value of treating the 3 pokémon separately - but surely not ALL the time.

I realise I'll probably be flamed as a heretic again just for suggesting something that IMO really isn't controversial. But come on peeps! If experienced Z/S players can do this, can't some of you experienced PT players just ripoff the template and do the same?

Top Bottom