• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on "cheap" charachters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
Ello.
I haven't been on these forums lately, but my friends have been saying so many things about "cheap" charachters in SSB.
They say things about fox:
"His lazers go way to far. Its cheap."
They say things about DK: ( whom I think is a cheap ***.)
"Omg he can grab you and hold!"
They say things about even jigglypuff:
"ARGH! Its so cheap he can make me sleep!"

Personally, I don't think any charachters are "cheap." (excluding DK)
But heres the place to post facts about SSB charachters that you think are "cheap."

"ZOMG STUPID DK NO PICK ME UP!!"

_kSo_

Smash Master
it's weird that none of your friends think that pikachu, captain falcon OR kirby are cheap...very unorthodox

yayuhhhzzz!! 900th post

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Biggest reason someone calls another cheap:
They suck at the game and can't understand the 'if he just did this 4 times in a row, maybe he is going to do it again... better do something different this time.' concept.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Or how they consider sleep cheap even though it's pretty easy to avoid and even easier to punish..

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how your friends consider sleep cheap.

Kronox

Smash Rookie
IMO i don't believe what you said okaygo ... i've played againts many cheap players B4 and i think that it exist two kind of cheap players

-The ones who can combo you to the death every time with the same moves
-The ones who just keep spamming "cheap" moves (AKA kirby drills, Dk Grabs , etc)

I said "cheap moves" 'cause i don't really think the char is cheap... It's the player who play it that way. IMO there is a little line betwen being good at comboing (short combos) and being cheap (i'm thinking in captain Uairs combos and Dair spams)

as always forget my crappy english xD

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
IMO i don't believe what you said okaygo ... i've played againts many cheap players B4 and i think that it exist two kind of cheap players

-The ones who can combo you to the death every time with the same moves
-The ones who just keep spamming "cheap" moves (AKA kirby drills, Dk Grabs , etc)

I said "cheap moves" 'cause i don't really think the char is cheap... It's the player who play it that way. IMO there is a little line betwen being good at comboing (short combos) and being cheap (i'm thinking in captain Uairs combos and Dair spams)

as always forget my crappy english xD
So by your definition DaPuffster who has a 2 combo moveset with his Jigglypuff is cheap? I think it's cheap that you cant slide your fingers around the analog and DI out of a simple one-two combo. Instead of crying how people using simple moves and beat you (Kirbys FSmash), why don't you practice countering it and exploiting the obvious hole in that style of gameplay. When a Kirby FSmashes, I sh dair. When a falcon starts to UAir me, I DI out or playing Pikachu simply upb recover. When a DK Grabs, I don't touch my controls and start playing mindgames. Since when is using the same move that does damage over and over cheap, in my opinion it's stupid. Any decent smasher knows that predictability always give you an edge. Sometimes, you just need to get beat enough times by the same 'cheap' move until you learn the perfect counter.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you SH Dair when a Kirby Fsmashes, it's likely that you're going to get hit.

When was he crying about how people beat him with simple moves?

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
If you SH Dair when a Kirby Fsmashes, it's likely that you're going to get hit.

When was he crying about how people beat him with simple moves?
Depends on how much high you hop, and I mean people crying in general.

Kronox

Smash Rookie
i see your point okaygo. maybe I'm a smash noob lol... I just can't DI (enough) to get out a Uair falcon combo... i've tried Up, down, left, right and slidding... and can't seem to do it right

Well anyway it's just my opinnion. Don't take me so serious
Here in Chile we have... mmm about 40 players (where i play) from wich... 15 plays kirbys, about 10 plays pikachus and the rest go mostly with falcon and fox...

What can i say.. it's just my opinnion after fighting a lot of kirbys/falcons/pikas with the same style (campers, DairsSpammers, etc)

Thanks for the answer (and the tip on using DI to escape a Fsmash (never though of)

Kronox

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
i see your point okaygo. maybe I'm a smash noob lol... I just can't DI (enough) to get out a Uair falcon combo... i've tried Up, down, left, right and slidding... and can't seem to do it right

Well anyway it's just my opinnion. Don't take me so serious
Here in Chile we have... mmm about 40 players (where i play) from wich... 15 plays kirbys, about 10 plays pikachus and the rest go mostly with falcon and fox...

What can i say.. it's just my opinnion after fighting a lot of kirbys/falcons/pikas with the same style (campers, DairsSpammers, etc)

Thanks for the answer (and the tip on using DI to escape a Fsmash (never though of)

Kronox
When someone camps, I like to simply start playing mindgames. I like to dash back and forth, moving about the map encouraging the other person to fumble a move. Sometimes I find a nice spot where I cant be hit from a projectile and start taunt canceling, or ground humping... don't be afraid to take it slow and don't fall for such a basic trap.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Noobs shouldn't call noobs noobs noobs!

j/k LOL I just wanted to say that. :D

Don't SH Dair vs a kirbys F smash, do it after he F smashes if you catch him. Space your self accordingly and adapt to his game style. If he goes for high drills you need to roll or dash out of the way. You can also Intercept him with a long reaching ariel (Fox's Bair for example).

Isai sorry to steal your saying but the best way to face a kirby is to "Don't get hit" (atleast I think that is what he says).

P.S. Projectiles > Campers... except fox's projectiles :( stupid lasers can't be angled.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
Or how they consider sleep cheap even though it's pretty easy to avoid and even easier to punish..
did you forget that time i sleep -> arwing combo'd you.? yeah, i would want to block that out of my memory too if that happened to me.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Can't you just grab Kirby before the hitbox comes out? I'm not that fast, so I usually shield->SH. Besides, Kirby's fsmash equals 18% if it connects and you have to be at a high percent for even an edgeguard setup. Compare that to one of the numerous combos that kill from 0%.

Lasers: duck behind walls?
DK's grab: platform camping
Jigg's sing=dead Jiggs

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
imo if you aren't very good at the game you shouldn't make entire complaint topics just to call something cheap. This topic is worse then spam, and if it weren't for moocow making things hilarious I would call on the meow train to close this.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
imo if you aren't very good at the game you shouldn't make entire complaint topics just to call something cheap. This topic is worse then spam, and if it weren't for moocow making things hilarious I would call on the meow train to close this.
Problem with this being that everyone thinks they're the best player in the world at smash. Especially if they're new to the foreign concept of ''playing different people''

So ya, these topics are bound to keep popping up.

Cheap characters? None in my opinion. I've fought plenty of ''cheap'' kirbys and Dks and ness players who try to camp me, or spam a move, or do that DK chainthrow. It doesnt work, because I dont really care about how you fight me, and I DI decently.

That being said, everytime I play a n00b kirby/ness/ whatever online, I find that short hop dairs with falcon just destroy them. They always get stepped on...

mercenaries

Smash Cadet
Mario's Usmash[hitbox??],fireballs,shdair->uair,downb recovery
Luigi's DownB, UpB, downb recovery
Dk's throws, upbs, charge punch
Link's projectiles
Samus's charge shot, fastest to react after getting hit (i forgot the terminology), nice bair
Falcon's combos. (".")
Ness's SBJ
Kirby's utilt, overall broken moves
Yoshi's DJC, wtf dair?
Fox's aerials speed, combo ability, shine, pew pew?
Pikachu's aerials and recovery
Jigglypuff's combo ability

There. Every character is cheap meaning no character is cheap. :D Although I only said how cheap they were and not any of their weaknesses...

_kSo_

Smash Master
That being said, everytime I play a n00b kirby/ness/ whatever online, I find that short hop dairs with falcon just destroy them. They always get stepped on...

try sh nair instead. it is more useful and has better range than sh dair. also sometimes you can't link a grab to a sh dair

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Errr....choo choo?

Read Metroid's post if you want to know why this got closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom