• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Your My Music Settings

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What are the song frequencies for the stages/menu of your game's My Music? Feel free to list some favorites or all stages.

Mines are be listed by most often first to rarely. Give estimate percentages/whatever if you want to help others visualize! Songs not listed are set at 0.

Final Destination
Final Destination Ver. 2 [maxed]
Credits (Super Smash Bros.) [90%]
Final Destination
Final Destination (Brawl)

Battlefield / Big Battlefield
Multi-Man Melee 2 [maxed]

Gaur Plain
Gaur Plain [maxed]
An Obstacle in Our Path [55%]
Time to Fight!
The valedictory elegy
You Will Know Our Names
Mechanical Rhythm [35%]

Wily Castle
Air Man Stage [maxed]
Mega Man 2 Retro Medley [35%]

Mario Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy [90%]
Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form
The Grand Finale [65%]

Menu
Menu (Melee)
Menu (Brawl)

Though I do adjust them from time to time, these are generally the rankings I have set.

Retrotator

Smash Cadet
Interesting choices. I usually just have 1 song turned on per stage so I know what music to expect. Once in a while, I change a few songs when I feel like hearing different music. When I use stage builder, I tend to give the stages more specific music.
Another thing I like to do is look for music that sounds like past Smash games. Sometimes, the Air Man theme reminds me of Smash 64's Polygon Team music. I'm also looking for music that sounds similar to Board the Platforms or Master Hand's N64 theme.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
>Cut Man, Quick Man, and Shadow Man not maxed out

I don't have the Wii U version, though I'd probably be doing the same I did with Brawl - max the ones I like and min the ones I don't. I also once found that even a song with its slider all the way down can still play, but exceedingly rarely. I'm guessing the lowest setting is still like a "1 in 100" or something. I found this out once when "Ashuree's Song" played on WarioWare despite my settings.

I usually minimized the songs that weren't Smash-original remixes, and kept the ones arranged just for Smash. It preserved the freshness and integrity of the game's OST, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
Since I used My Music at least hundreds of times in Brawl I'm sure the same will be done with this game so any of this can be changed at any moment but this is a generalization of what music I like on certain stages. I don't know how to do spoilers yet so I'll only list a few at a time.

Battlefield/Big Battlefield
Multi-Man Melee theme 2 - Maxed. Grand, legendary, triumphant and I'm glad it's back. Fits way better than MMM 1
Menu (Melee) - 50%. Great rendition of the menu theme which fills the gap of the Battlefield theme from melee.
Boss theme 1 (Brawl) - 25%. I neat rendition of the Brawl theme that wasn't an option in Brawl's battlefield

Final Destination
Final Destination ver 2 - Maxed. Way better than ver 1
Melee Menu ver 2 - Maxed. We already have enough versions of this song but who cares this song is awesome!
Everything from Melee and Brawl minus the credits theme - 25%

Mushroom Kingdom U
Fortress Boss theme - Maxed. An overlooked gem from my childhood getting the awesome treatment it deserves
SMB3 medley - 75%. Classic, nostalgic, it just has to be there.
NSMB ground theme - 50%. Awesome rendition of a song that I always thought was sort've meh
SMB ground/underground theme - 25%- A great rendition of a song we hard zillions of times.
SMB underwater theme - 25%- Great song that gets some shine on a better stage.

Super Mario Galaxy
All various mixes of Maxes and 50% because they are all equally good.

Defino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise- Max. Because why not?
Peach's Castle- 50%. Nostalgic, but not as fitting as rainbow cruise.
3D land theme- 50%. A nice new addition to replace the Mario World title theme I usually had on max.

New Mario Circuit
Cloudtop Cruise- Max. If they remixed any song from Mario Kart 8 I'm sure glad it was this one.
Mario Kart Stadium- 50%. It really captures the MK8 feel.
Rainbow Road MK8- 50%. Where the MK7 RR themes are good at least this RR matches the game of the stage.

Mario Circuit
Everything at max except Mario golf theme

Luigi's Mansion
Everything at max for the most part

Jungle Hijinx
Stickerbush Symphony- Max. Any fan of the DKC series knows how legendary this song is.
DK Rap- Max. Still the only DK64 song? I guess this will do considering it is the freaking DK rap.
Gear Getaway- Max. Because it's a new remix that isn't the DK Island Swing theme.
The two tropical freeze songs- 50%. Definitely not the best songs from TF, but it's still TF and it's the thought that counts.

Kongo Jungle
Kongle Jungle- Max. It's the original classic.
K Rool theme- Max. K Rool, nuff said.
DKCR Vocals- Max. Same reason as gear getaway, and it fits the stage well. Thank you Kenji.

75m
DK Opening- Max. I find it's the only option with any life to it. And boy does it.

Skyloft
Balled of Goddess- (Remix)-Max (Old)- 50%. It's a given considering it's Skyloft and it's Skyward Sword.
The Great Sea- 50%. Reminds me of how there isn't a Wind Waker Stage. Sigh, oh well this will do...
Saria's Song- 50%. It's a nice song.
Gerudo Valley- 50%. I wish this was on Bridge of Eldin instead.

Bridge of Eldin
Anything from ALTP- Max. ALTP hasn't gotten any stages but it sure got two awesome songs to with with the BoE!
Hyrule Field and Twilight field- 50%. They are a given.

Temple
Temple- Max. No description needed.
Great Bay- 50%. Glad this is finally an option considering this song is as old as it's stage.
Gerudo Valley- 25%- Seriously why is BoE the only stage not to have this song?
Song of Storms- 25%. I honestly like this song mostly because of the Ganon tower theme near the end.
Dragon Roost- 25%. Oh Wind Waker how I miss your presence...

Pyrosphere
All Ridley themes- Max. I love them all in their own ways
Parasite Queen- 50%. It feels very Metroid Prime-ish. Which I love

Norfair
Brinstar Depths- Max. This fits way better on Norfair than it did on Brinstar. This fill in the void for the lack of Magmoor Caverns.
Brinstar- 50%. One of my all time favorites in Smash though they cut out the ending to save data for the 3DS.

Yoshi's Wooly World
Yoshi's Island- Max. I loved the rendition in Brawl but this fits in Wooly World better.
Wooly World Remix- Max. This game isn't even out yet and you're making the music in that game look lame in comparison.
Paper Mario Medley - Max. Mainly because of Rougeport. Then it gets to the airship theme with is awkward on Wooly World.
Obstacle Course- 50%. Classic from Brawl, but it needs to be stepped aside for the new remixes.
Yoshi's Story Melee- 50%. I need at least one song from Yoshi's Story in here.

Yoshi's Island
Mario World Medley- Max. I can't tell you how much I love this song. The one does real justice to Super Mario World.
Super Mario Bros 3- 50% A gem from Melee that was toned down for Brawl but is now restored to it's formal Glory.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I didn't really worry too much about the music YET but I will list the notable ones

Pokemon Stadium 2
-Pokemon Battle D/P Remix is the only song I have over 0

Gaur Plain
-Engage the Enemy is at 100% and the others are around 30% each

Windy Hill Zone
-Reach for the Stars is 100%
-Escape from the City is 100%

Kalos Pokemon League
-Champion Battle X/Y is 100%

Palutena's Temple
-Destroyed Skyworld is 100%

Temple
-Yuga Battle 1005 (I dunno why I like it)

Mushroom Kingdom U
-Super Bell Hill 100%

I haven't done Mario Galaxy yet but I will most likely have Rosalina in theobservatory/Luma's theme at 100%

Last edited:

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
On Garden of Hope, the two Pikmin remixes are the only songs that I have on. Pikmin music honestly sucks. The remixes are great, but the original songs are awful. Always hated playing Distant Planet in Brawl because of crappy music.

Top Bottom