• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your main his/her best and worst matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
I was inspired by the ssb4 reddit which asked the same question for example my main is :4mario:his worst matchups are :4marth::4sheik:and:4lucina: his best are :4robinm::4dedede::4mewtwo::4littlemac::4kirby:and:4samus: so who is your mains best and worst matchups

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I main :rosalina: Her best and easiest matchups... where do I start... She hard counters so many characters (And pretty much the entire low tier) it's hilarious.

She beats :4fox: :4wiifit: :4bowser: :4dk: :4ness: :4ganondorf: :4jigglypuff: :4falco: :4palutena: :4pacman:
And that's not even covering all the other good matchups. These are just the ones I find super easy.

For tough matchups
:4pikachu: :4zss: :4metaknight:
Are the main tough ones. The other bad matchups can be powered through.
Honorable mention goes to :4marth: :4lucina: IDK why I just struggle vs them.

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
I main :rosalina: Her best and easiest matchups... where do I start... She hard counters so many characters (And pretty much the entire low tier) it's hilarious.

She beats :4fox: :4wiifit: :4bowser: :4dk: :4ness: :4ganondorf: :4jigglypuff: :4falco: :4palutena: :4pacman:
And that's not even covering all the other good matchups. These are just the ones I find super easy.

For tough matchups
Are the main tough ones. The other bad matchups can be powered through.
Honorable mention goes to :4marth: :4lucina: IDK why I just struggle vs them.
she also wrecks :4luigi:my friend quits everytime I pick rosalina it's hilarious

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
She doesn't wreck Luigi. She does win the matchup but Luigi's punish game is just too good to ever be counted out.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
As Mario, my best match-ups with him are Pikachu, King DeDeDe, Captain Falcon, Falco, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, and Kirby. My worst ones are Sheik, Peach, Ness, Luigi, Wario, and Roy.

Best:
:4pikachu:: This MU is even and for me, because not only Pikachu can die early, but also Pikachu can't play rushdown on Mario. His recovery may be better, but I can still pressure him off stage with Cape and Fludd.
:4dedede:: While range and weight can keep me going, I can combo him easily, and stay close to him at ease because of my speed, his slow mobility, weight, and falling speed.
:4falcon:: Even and he may have combos, better kills, better damge output, but I got the combos to damage him because of his weight, height, and falling speed, my approaches are better, and I can also gimp him or ledgeguard him off-stage.
:4falco:: His falling speed and light weight can be easy for me with combos and koing him early. Edgeguarding and pressuring I got to work on more.
:4kirby:: I can juggle him, kill early because of his weight, Cape his recovery since he can't snap the ledge, and have better frame data.

Worst:
:4sheik:: Her range with f-airs and needles can be a pain for me. Also she can combo and be somewhat difficult to gimp off stage.
:4peach:: While this can be even or slighty to her favor, her superior air game, combos, and pressure game gave me a hard time. Fireballs are barely useful against her and the princess is not easy to gimp. The biggest problem is approaching thanks to her Floating.
:4ness:: The biggest problem I have in this MU is landing the kill against him. Otherwise, this MU is even in my book.
:4luigi:: I'm forced to play defensive against my favorite character because of his superior combo game, damage output, koing, and air game. Also, his N-air can limit my combo options.
:4wario2:: I don't know about this MU, but it can be a pain in the a** for me. Stupid Wart, Chomp, and getting the kill on him, fast can be difficult for me to deal with. Also air game and air speed can be a pain as well.
:4feroy:: His range can be a pain for me. Better damage output and koing comes along with it.

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
As Mario, my best match-ups with him are Pikachu, King DeDeDe, Captain Falcon, Falco, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, and Kirby. My worst ones are Sheik, Peach, Ness, Luigi, Wario, and Roy.

Best:
:4pikachu:: This MU is even and for me, because not only Pikachu can die early, but also Pikachu can't play rushdown on Mario. His recovery may be better, but I can still pressure him off stage with Cape and Fludd.
:4dedede:: While range and weight can keep me going, I can combo him easily, and stay close to him at ease because of my speed, his slow mobility, weight, and falling speed.
:4falcon:: Even and he may have combos, better kills, better damge output, but I got the combos to damage him because of his weight, height, and falling speed, my approaches are better, and I can also gimp him or ledgeguard him off-stage.
:4falco:: His falling speed and light weight can be easy for me with combos and koing him early. Edgeguarding and pressuring I got to work on more.
:4kirby:: I can juggle him, kill early because of his weight, Cape his recovery since he can't snap the ledge, and have better frame data.

Worst:
:4sheik:: Her range with f-airs and needles can be a pain for me. Also she can combo and be somewhat difficult to gimp off stage.
:4peach:: While this can be even or slighty to her favor, her superior air game, combos, and pressure game gave me a hard time. Fireballs are barely useful against her and the princess is not easy to gimp. The biggest problem is approaching thanks to her Floating.
:4ness:: The biggest problem I have in this MU is landing the kill against him. Otherwise, this MU is even in my book.
:4luigi:: I'm forced to play defensive against my favorite character because of his superior combo game, damage output, koing, and air game. Also, his N-air can limit my combo options.
:4wario2:: I don't know about this MU, but it can be a pain in the a** for me. Stupid Wart, Chomp, and getting the kill on him, fast can be difficult for me to deal with. Also air game and air speed can be a pain as well.
:4feroy:: His range can be a pain for me. Better damage output and koing comes along with it.
I actually think mario beats peach she is just dedede with turnips from what I know I actually made a matchup chart on the thread where you me and Xeze were talking about luigi I put peach in +1 nobody hade a problem however as for everything else you said I can see why you struggle I just don't think it's even

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

For tough matchups
Are the main tough ones.
Hello, I'm a Rosalina main too and I like to let you know that Fox can beat Rosalina while her MU with Jigglypuff is even. Also, Yoshi and Sheik can beat her as well. Sorry for the double post.

:4fox:: While her off-stage and range can be deadly, there's only one problem, he's a rushdown fighter. He got lasers to force her to approach, he's fast enough to get in her face and rush her down with juggles, and combos because of her height, and being floaty. Not only that, but he can kill her early as well.
:4jigglypuff:: While her juggling game, range, and koing can help, its going to be tough for her to get damage off of Jigglypuff because of her air game, air mobility, and the ability to escape her jab combo. Also, the puff can combo, and because of the goddess tall frame, its easy to land a rest on her.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I actually think mario beats peach she is just dedede with turnips from what I know I actually made a matchup chart on the thread where you me and Xeze were talking about luigi I put peach in +1 nobody hade a problem however as for everything else you said I can see why you struggle I just don't think it's even
Ok. While I still need to get better at the MU, I faced a good Peach player who beaten both my Mario and Pikachu. You don't have to agree with me if you don't want, but this is from personal experience. I won the first round with Mario, but for the rest of the rounds, he starts to figure out my Mario slowly and with Pikachu, it gotten worse. Before this, I went to the Peach Board Match up and got some more information. This MU is good for Mario, but its not free for him, either so I think the MU is still even. There's not a lot of Peach players in the competitive scene, since she's one of the hardest characters to master and to play as well. I don't have a Youtube account yet, but if you have a NNID, I may be able to show you one of my replays from friendies.

:4peach:: Unless you're far from the stage for her to gimp you, she can't do anything to your jump punch to the ledge even with her veggies. While Mario's air attacks are fast and have less leg to punish, her F-airs and B-airs can out-range Mario and wall him out. I probadly should had punish her pulling out a veggie since Mario is fast enough to catch her. Tornado won't work on Peach if she timed her up-air to stop his d-air. Fireballs are 30% useful because Peach can power shield it, or if you shoot it to close, she can use her f-air to fight through it and hit Mario. I think her B-airs can work against his fireballs as well. Her combos and strings can work on Mario maybe up to 30% if you play against a smart Peach player. N-air and up-b can break through them, but be careful though, because it can even be baited and probadly punish you if they can. Peach can jump away from Mario down-throw to up-tile combos quick since she's light.
:4mario:: His Up-smash can be a threat to her. Up-smash can cut through her d-airs and maybe even her f-air. Cape on veggies, we know the story. While her f-airs and b-airs can wall you out, Mario got his b-air with decent range to hit Peach out of her floating and get past some of her attacks. He's faster than the princess and quick enough to juggle her since she's floaty. Mario can kill Peach early with up-smash(with rage as well) and well-spaced forward smash if she does something unsafe or you do a reverse forward smash. Also, if you grab Peach close to the ledge with her percent being 60% or 70% and down-throw for a F-air, then she can die from it. Air dodge and Di are involved in this so read them for the kill set up.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Ganondorf: -best: :4jigglypuff:. she's light as a feather and ganon can essentially wall her out with nair and dtilt.-worst: :4sheik: ganon has trouble getting past her needles, is combo food and is arguably the easiest character in the game to gimp so he's pretty much weak to all of her specialties.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This can be asked in each character's respective threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom