• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your lucas playstyle( just for fun poll)

What's your playstyle for lucas

• Rushdown

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Mix up

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Keep away

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Spacing

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Grappler

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Upsmash reads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Projectile heavy

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Spikes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
In terms of playstyle, I don't think I can limit myself to just one of these options. While I play mostly spacing if I have an opportune moment to get a good combo string I begin to play aggressive. And I usually do a mixture of PK Thunder gimps or aerial-spikes when edge guarding. And personally I think that's the best way to play Lucas. Keeps your opponent guessing so they can't 100% read your playstyle.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Mix-up shouldn't even be an option. Every player with every character needs a strong mixup game to be successful. It's like if you put shielding or teching down as a playstyle.

Grappler/spacing/wall with pkfire mixups and zairs depending on the matchup.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
By the same token, neither should "spacing" or "(up smash) reads".

The correct answer is mix-up, or "everything". Because you should be doing everything where the situation calls for it. Read a spot dodge or roll and hit an up smash. Destroy remotely linear recoveries with a spike/gimp/stage spike. Play defensively, spacing with heavy projectile use to get a feel for the opponent and annoy them into trying to rush in with an unsafe move. Take them from one side of the stage to another with an aggressive sequence when you get a solid hit or grab.

The idea of focusing your playstyle around any one single aspect of Lucas' toolset when he has so much to offer a creative player sounds so detrimental to me.

D

Deleted member

The "playstyle" you play is dependent on the matchup at hand...
Using every tool and mixing up is an absolute must.

StarStorm Tloc

Smash Rookie
It wasnt really supposed to be serious i was just making a fun little poll to bring happiness in the lucas boards because honestly not much goes on In the lucas boards to be honest.

StarStorm Tloc

Smash Rookie
True but everyone has their own playstyle no matter what. Its just how you adapt to the situation your in. Like for instance im a very aggressive player so i would rush down opponents with lucas( which probably isn't the best idea) its just my natural play style. I hope this makes since

StarStorm Tloc

Smash Rookie
By the same token, neither should "spacing" or "(up smash) reads".

The correct answer is mix-up, or "everything". Because you should be doing everything where the situation calls for it. Read a spot dodge or roll and hit an up smash. Destroy remotely linear recoveries with a spike/gimp/stage spike. Play defensively, spacing with heavy projectile use to get a feel for the opponent and annoy them into trying to rush in with an unsafe move. Take them from one side of the stage to another with an aggressive sequence when you get a solid hit or grab.

The idea of focusing your playstyle around any one single aspect of Lucas' toolset when he has so much to offer a creative player sounds so detrimental to me.
I was just making a fun little poll. But your right mix up is the correct answer. And yeah upsmash reads arent practical in competitive play but when you land one in a match it just feels so good. But yeah it wasnt supposed to be serious it was just for fun bro

Top Bottom