• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your game collection?

D

Deleted member

I just saw a gamecube bundle with 19 games and the console for 20$, I currently have 50 wii games, 15 ps2 games, and 1 ps1 game. How much games are in your game collection? (if you have one.)

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
The only games that i own these are rare.
Marvel vs capcom 2
Super smash bros melee
Medievil 2

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I need to make an organized excel list one of these days..cause there is just so much. I trade/sell/buy a lot and I just play what I come across before I decide trade or sell it.

I'm big into Game Boy and always have been, I own every single US and EU release (about 500 carts) and about 100+ JP carts. All the limited or special edition handhelds, most boxes, a few sealed.
Have all the high value collectible complete in boxes and pretty much all the rare and sought after sealeds except for Trip World and Amazing Tater. Same goes for Game Boy color and Advance but a bit less complete...in total I probably have like 2000+ GB/GBC/GBA carts at any given time.

I also own pretty much every Game And Watch handheld Nintendo officially released, including all of the Panorama and double screens. No Crystal screens though :(

PSP - 100+ games
PS1 - 160+ games (almost all the longboxes)
PS2 - 265 games
Game Gear - 70+ carts
Neo Geo Pocket Color - ALL, including Faselei
DS - 130+ games
Genesis - 30 games
PS3, XBOX360 - 150 games
Wii - 72 games
GameCube - 50 games
SNES - 100+ games
NES - 56 games

Last edited:

AEFrazzleCandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
GatorCrash
9 Wii U games, including Smash4, Sonic Lost World, and the worlds hardest game..

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. :crying:

Then 4 Wii, and that's it for consoles.

Then Minecraft, War Thunder, some Smite here, some Dota there. :dizzy:

I've probably got somewhere between 300-400 games. As far as consoles go, I've got maybe 14 (counting handhelds) and a PC. Some stuff was lost over time, though.

A significant portion of my game collection digital, though I'm working towards amassing a larger number of physical copies. I hope to eventually build a house out of used copies of Dog's Life for PS2.

Last edited:

Squigglydot

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-7785-8307
I'm probably around the ballpark of 100 or so games, mostly for my xbox 360. when I was a little babby gamer, I used to sell games cause I was stupid. It's only been since about last year that I've been collecting my games.

Console wise I've got around 8 systems and a PC.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I couldn't even tell you how many games I have, although I'll guess it's in the 400+ range. (And half of those are just on steam..)

Consoles: 6, Handhelds: 5 (Although 4 are DS variants), and a PC.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I tend to sell old consoles and games, with the exception of my DS (favorite system ever, but... my brother lost it) and my first console, the SEGA Master System. So that means I don't have a huge game collection. The games I do have are:

3DS: Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Kid Icarus Uprising, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Smash, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Fire Emblem Awakening, Steamworld Dig, Ikachan, Fantasy Zone, The Mysterious Murasame Castle and Metroid 2. I used to have DKC Returns 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Pokémon Y, but I sold them with my old 3DS.

Wii U: Splatoon, Smash, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Shovel Knight, Mighty Switch Force, Mighty Switch Force 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

PC is where most of my games are, but instead of listing all of them (67), I will instead link my steam library: http://steamcommunity.com/id/namelessregret/games/?tab=all

D

Deleted member

I'll only list the games for systems I currently use, but rest assured, I have more than +100 games when combined. Not a huge collector though. This does not count eShop downloads, unless indicated by an asterisk.

Nintendo 3DS: Ridge Racer 3D, Pilotwings Resort, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, Rayman 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Pokémon X (test), Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D*, and Ultimate NES Remix.*
And last, but not least: all Ambassador games.*

I'll update the 3DS list when I find more.

Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U (plus New Super Luigi U; bundle), Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Am planning to get more games for the system.

HANDHELDS:
- Game Boy / Color
- Game Boy Advance SP
- Nintendo DS Lite (skipped the original)
- Nintendo DSi
- PlayStation Portable (as a homebrew device only, no piracy)
- Nintendo DSi XL
- Nintendo 3DS
- New Nintendo 3DS XL

HOME CONSOLES:
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo GameCube
- Wii
- Xbox 360 (sold)
- Wii U

Never got to try out an NES or SNES.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroponJohn

Smash Rookie
NNID
chuggaa
3DS FC
0018-3697-7673
I have around 70 physical games and a ton of digital games ive bought in humble bundles.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Its a shame imo i really like having the box on my shelf
There are pros and cons to digital. Yeah, you don't get a box, case or instruction booklet but you also don't have to worry about scratches. Furthermore, the price of digital games is usually much cheaper if you wait a short while after launch.

Here are some of the physical games from my collection that I still play quite often.

By the way, I think the Classic Controller Pro is a slick input device. Too bad Nintendo doesn't sell them here in the U.S. anymore. :(

Last edited:

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i don't own many games and i don't look for new games to play, really. i have most pokemon games (i've owned every main series game at one point and the only ones i've never had are maybe three or four spinoffs) and a few mario games (sunshine, 64 and assorted sports spinoffs). other things:
– sonic adventure 2: battle
– legend of zelda: the wind waker (really loved this -- wonder why i've never played another zelda game)
– super smash bros melee
– super smash bros brawl
– paper mario: thousand-year door

sometimes i want to get into final fantasy/chrono trigger but i don't have a lot of interest vested in ‘gaming’ and i'm not really interested in getting back into playing anything aside from melee at the moment
i own three consoles (gba, 3ds, wii) so i have a decent array of games to choose from

Last edited:

Bairbie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dowsingmachine
3DS FC
4124-5226-4163
I have a bigger-than-casual amount of games, but still not that many. I have less than 100 (around 60?) as of right now, most of which are Gamecube games. I would have a lot more, but I lost most of my handheld games due to various moves.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I've got a pretty nice collection of Street Fighter games.

Would you believe that I still play Super Street Fighter II sometimes? Mostly I play it on my Wii though cuz the SNES doesn't look too good on my HDTV.

HeroponJohn

Smash Rookie
NNID
chuggaa
3DS FC
0018-3697-7673

My favourite game from all the systems i own. I think you can see a patern *cough cough* i like rpg's *cough cough*

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
One of my favorite genres is fighting games. I love the Smash Bros. franchise, of course, but I also enjoy Nintendo's other famous fighting game series of the 90's Killer Instinct.

HeroponJohn

Smash Rookie
NNID
chuggaa
3DS FC
0018-3697-7673
There are pros and cons to digital. Yeah, you don't get a box, case or instruction booklet but you also don't have to worry about scratches. Furthermore, the price of digital games is usually much cheaper if you wait a short while after launch.

Here are some of the physical games from my collection that I still play quite often.

By the way, I think the Classic Controller Pro is a slick input device. Too bad Nintendo doesn't sell them here in the U.S. anymore. :(
But there is those hori battle pads that looks like gc controllers. I love them much more then my classic controller but then again i only got a classic controller and not the pro so yea....... anyways here's a sheep
:happysheep:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Then there's my Armored Core collection from the PlayStation 1 era. :upsidedown:

This picture shows the first three games in the series from both North America and Japan.

For those of you who don't remember how awesome the original AC games were, here's a little taste.

Aidan25

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidan
3DS FC
0361-7892-7562
I have my collection on a website so if you're interested, here's the link: http://vgcollect.com/Aidan25/ The only console I don't have out of the ones listed there is an NES. I also have an Excel spreadsheet of over 2500 games I still want to buy so there's a lot to go.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Game collection... I had so many games, I lost most of them (the most being gameboy advance.) but the consoles I have currently are
PSP 3000~ 8 games
Gamecube~ 15 games
Wii~ 10 games
GBA SP~ 5 Gba, 2 Gb/Gbc games
Xbox 360~ 10 games
N64~ 5 games
Ds~ 12 games
3DS~ 3 games
Steam~ 7 games
Not a big collection, but I would like a few more games... Including boxes of course. I am wanting a SNES to be added, but I am having a difficult decision on that, or a 3ds game.

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
- NES: Somewhere around 20 games, only bought the essentials.
- SNES: 23 games.
- N64: 38 games.
- GCN: 17 games.
- Wii: 54 games.
- Wii U: 11 games
- GBA/GBC: 40+ games.
- DS/3DS: 36 games.

- PS1: 100+ games.
- PS2: 40+ games.
- PS3: 100+ games
-
PS4: 5 games

-
Steam: 542 games

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I just saw a gamecube bundle with 19 games and the console for 20$, I currently have 50 wii games, 15 ps2 games, and 1 ps1 game. How much games are in your game collection? (if you have one.)

Many pundits are saying that with the advent of digital distribution, eventually collecting physical video games will be as obsolete as collecting baseball cards. I can kinda understand that because even though I own several copies of Super Smash Bros.(N64) I generally play the Virtual Console version on my Wii most often.

Aidan25

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidan
3DS FC
0361-7892-7562
Many pundits are saying that with the advent of digital distribution, eventually collecting physical video games will be as obsolete as collecting baseball cards. I can kinda understand that because even though I own several copies of Super Smash Bros.(N64) I generally play the Virtual Console version on my Wii most often.
As a result of this, do you think that consoles and games will drop down really low in the next few years? Especially on sites like eBay?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
As a result of this, do you think that consoles and games will drop down really low in the next few years? Especially on sites like eBay?
Like Yoda says, the future is difficult to predict. However, my rule of thumb is to never buy or collect games that I don't enjoy playing. That way if the bottom ever falls out of the video game market I'll still have hours of enjoyment left as a consolation. :grin:

Aidan25

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidan
3DS FC
0361-7892-7562
Like Yoda says, the future is difficult to predict. However, my rule of thumb is to never buy or collect games that I don't enjoy playing. That way if the bottom ever falls out of the video game market I'll still have hours of enjoyment left as a consolation. :grin:
Fair enough. If a game I don't necessarily want to play comes in a bulk lot, I might just keep it on the shelf to look pretty but if I get it again, I'll probably just sell it. I sort of do the same even though I don't have nearly as many games as I wish I did (about 2500 left to obtain haha) so there's a lot for me still to do which is quite fun. The notion of buying games that you want to play that aren't in shops anymore is a lot of fun.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My extensive video game collection includes both the grey and gold cartridges of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Here's the lovely Simone proudly showing them off.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
PS4: 6 Favourite Game: FF X/X2 HD Remaster
PS3: 19 Favourite Game: Burnout Paradise
PS2: 28 Favourite Game: Shadow of the Colossus
3DS: 5 Favourite Game: Fire Emblem Awakening
DS: 11 Favourite Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
Steam: Over 30 Favourite Game: Rfactor
PC Discs: Over 40 Favourite Game: Race Injection
GC: 7 Favourite Game: Tales of Symphonia
Wii: 23 Favourite Game: SSB Brawl
Wii U: 1 Favourite Game: Smash 4